Smoking on Board - Question

jaspersmommy

I am not trying to poke at the hornet's nest here... just asking a question of non-smokers who frequent HAL.

I haven't sailed with anyone but Celebrity recently, and their smoking policy is quite strict. I am considering a cruise on the Oosterdam, but I am a little concerned about the more liberal smoking policy at HAL.

I looked at HAL's smoking policy and it looks as though there are several smoking areas on the Oosterdam. I see that smoking is also allowed on balconies. Since I'm unfamiliar with HAL and its ships, I can't gauge how many of the public areas would be affected by the smell of smoke. For the non-smokers out there who have frequently sailed on HAL, and in particular the Oosterdam, did you find it tolerable? If the smell of smoke is pretty much confined to the few smoking areas, I would be fine with that. I'm just worried about smelling smoke in a lot of common areas, and being subjected to it a lot while trying to enjoy the balcony.

I'm not criticising smokers... you're entitled to smoke according to HAL's policy. As a non-smoker, I just want to know ahead of time if I will be OK with it.

Thank you!

I am not trying to poke at the hornet's nest here... just asking a question of non-smokers who frequent HAL.

I haven't sailed with anyone but Celebrity recently, and their smoking policy is quite strict. I am considering a cruise on the Oosterdam, but I am a little concerned about the more liberal smoking policy at HAL.

I looked at HAL's smoking policy and it looks as though there are several smoking areas on the Oosterdam. I see that smoking is also allowed on balconies. Since I'm unfamiliar with HAL and its ships, I can't gauge how many of the public areas would be affected by the smell of smoke. For the non-smokers out there who have frequently sailed on HAL, and in particular the Oosterdam, did you find it tolerable? If the smell of smoke is pretty much confined to the few smoking areas, I would be fine with that. I'm just worried about smelling smoke in a lot of common areas, and being subjected to it a lot while trying to enjoy the balcony.

I'm not criticising smokers... you're entitled to smoke according to HAL's policy. As a non-smoker, I just want to know ahead of time if I will be OK with it.

Thank you!

The smoking thread pretty much tells it all, but while HAL permits smoking on balcony's, we would not take a chance to book one.. We are non-smokers & have never found smokers to be a problem & we have over 300 days on HAL..

Look at this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084364

Edited by serendipity1499

We keep all conversation about HAL's smoking policy on the one thread indicated above. I think all your questions would be answered if you read through at least some of that lengthy thread. :)