Silhouette Veranda Cabins

cbfb

We are thinking of booking the Silhouette next year. We usually book Concierge but it is much more than the Veranda rooms on this cruise.

I would love some info from anyone who has stayed in the Veranda cabins, any level. I think I read there are some with larger balconies?

Any info is appreciated.

We are thinking of booking the Silhouette next year. We usually book Concierge but it is much more than the Veranda rooms on this cruise.

I would love some info from anyone who has stayed in the Veranda cabins, any level. I think I read there are some with larger balconies?

Any info is appreciated.

The larger balconies are the 1A's...many of them of quite a bit

deeper in size than a regular balcony. Those larger ones are mid ship.

The larger balconies are the 1A's...many of them of quite a bit

deeper in size than a regular balcony. Those larger ones are mid ship.

Thank you Lois, I really appreciate the info.

Just had #7260 (1A). it is right by the hideaway, a lovely little place where people read in quietness and there is a coffee machine there. This cabin was close to everything. We would definitely book it again. the balcony is very big.

Edited by TeaBag

Thank you for all the replies. I really can't justify booking Concierge for a $400/per person difference in price! I figured if there are bigger balconies available I might as well go for one!

Last year we had a 1A balcony booked, because I always like to find the BEST balcony cabin possible. It was $1,200/pp. Then a balcony guarantee became available for $799/pp and there was no way I could turn down that savings.

We wound up in a cabin 6159, a lowly 2C. And we wound up loving it! It was really nice being close to deck 5, and surprisingly, we liked being closer to the water! It was considered 'partially obstructed' which meant you could see the lifeboat when you looked down, but your view out was clear.

We really enjoyed this cabin- when normally we book bigger balconies higher up! So don't overlook the cheapos!

(Many photos of this cabin in the review in my signature)

Category 2D- lifeboats to top of veranda rail but larger, angled balconies:

Portside #6209 & #6207

Starboard #6210 & #6208

Category 2C- lifeboat to veranda deck level, but larger, angled balconies:

Portside #s 6155, 6157, 6241, 6243

Starboard #s 6156, 6158, 6240, 6242

The last 5 or 6 2C cabins on Deck 6 both sides also have slightly larger verandas with a slight protrusion from the restaurants on deck 5 that limits direct downward view to the sea, but no lifeboats below.

We are in 2C #6240 for our Solstice sailing. For our Eclipse sailing, regular size veranda 2B #6222.

We had a C2 deck 9 in 2013, and a 1A deck 8 last year, both identical 194 sq ft rooms, on the angle of the hump, with the deep balcony. The 'stuff' associated with the C2 was worthless for the cost. Only benefit was the extra CC point's.