Just back from Navigator Cruise - March 8th trip

Well we are back on dry land and we hated to leave but are glad we are back on dry land. There were 8 of us in our group, including one person (my brother in law) who had never cruised or been out of the country before.

To start, my cruise did not start the way I wanted. I got food poisoning the Friday before we left and I felt horrible on Sunday still. It took until Tuesday before I was at 90%.

We arrived in Galveston around 11:00 Sunday morning and parked at EZ Cruise. It was easy to drop the bags off and our wives and then come back to the dock. We easily got on board without any troubles.

We had room 8334 just behind the hump. This would come in handy as part of the week was really windy, but seemed to not be too bad on our deck. The room was in a good location as well just down from the elevators. Our room steward Adele, was great and always willing to help.

DSC_7939.jpg

We went around the ship before we left to check a few things out.

DSC_7946.jpg

DSC_7944.jpg

As we left Galveston we were able to see the Elissa

DSC_7950.jpg

The first couple of days, again I was not feeling my best, just worn out. We just hung around the pool the majority of the time. It was extremely windy but sunny. We also hung out on our deck. We had three adjoining rooms and we asked that they open the partitions between our rooms and they did without hesitation. This made it really nice on late evenings watching the sun go down.

DSC_7956.jpg

The ship itself was very nice. The crew was exceptional. I was a little worried going during Spring Break, but to be honest it wasn't that bad. We did hear about one group supposedly getting kicked off in Cozumel because a couple of college kids attempted to climb the radio tower.

We had a set dinner time of 8:00 and to be honest it worked for us, because by the end of the day, especially if coming back from excursions, it helped to be able to wind down before dinner. The food was ok, and nothing overly amazing, but the service we received from our waiters Yasin and Ivan was great!

We did eat at Sabor on Tuesday evening. I was finally feeling well enough to eat a little more and was glad that I was. We were apprehensive about Mexican food seeing as we are Texans, but everyone loved everything they had. The Margaritas were pretty tasty as was the guacamole.

Our table for 8

DSC_7995.jpg

Guacamole being made at the table.

DSC_8004.jpg

DSC_8006.jpg

Queso Flamiado....very good

DSC_8011.jpg

Enchilladas....wife loved them

DSC_8030.jpg

I forget what this was exactly but my mother in law loved it

DSC_8031.jpg

DSC_8032.jpg

My barbacoa tacos....I wasn't too impressed with these, but I was so stuffed from the appetizers and chips that I didn't eat all of it.

DSC_8035.jpg

For dessert they bring out a tray filled with all sorts of tastings. The one at the back in the spoon was my favorite....some sort of coffee creme brulee....great!

DSC_8036.jpg

great review, we had same feeling about Sabor living in Dallas but so many other Texans loved this place that we may have to try it next month, we did love the Italian place and Izumi and will do both of them at least once.

We did see a few shows while we were on board, but I forgot to take my camera to all of them....that is what happens after a few too many boat drinks!

The magic show was entertaining....

DSC_7990.jpg

They had a former American Idol contestant one night perform, I enjoyed the show and he sounded great and was very energetic.

The ice show was really awesome as it always is.

The final night we went and saw the Divas of Soul ( I think that was their name). They weren't the greatest thing but if you have an hour to kill before dinner it was ok. One of the performers was really good, just wish they had let her sing the majority of the songs.

*****My uncle and aunt did go to Giovanis for lunch one day and they raved about it, said it was really outstanding. I wanted to go try Izumi, but the wife hates sushi and I never got up there by myself.

Any other questions anyone has....feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them if I can.

Edited by levonfan

First stop....Roatan!

WOW! It was an amazing port, very very pretty. We choose to go snorkeling with the Jolly Roger excursion through the boat. It was some great snorkeling and afterward we were treated to lunch and Rum Punch! Probably way too much Rum Punch...HA!

DSC_8048.jpg

DSC_8061.jpg

Roatan.jpg

DSC_8083.jpg

DSC_8137.jpg

DSC_8086-Edit.jpg

Second stop was Belize. We chose to do Dark Knight Cave Tubing through the ship excursions. The wife really wanted to do cave tubing, but was afraid we might get stuck if we did through an outside company.

The excursion was a lot of fun but filled up the entire day. I don't have pics of the actual cave tubing because I haven't had my water camera developed yet. It took about an hour and half to drive out to the caves. We went on an older bus. The tour guide and bus driver were really great and gave us a lot of information about Belize. The country seems really poor especially once you get outside of the main city. The people were all very nice to us though.

Our bus...

DSC_8445.jpg

Some bumpy roads

DSC_8452.jpg

DSC_8455.jpg

Lunch after the tour

DSC_8467.jpg

DSC_8466.jpg

They had a small market area outside where we ate lunch with some items for sale

DSC_8477.jpg

Edited by levonfan

I was able to get some shots of the people in Belize from the bus...

DSC_8508-Edit.jpg

DSC_8504.jpg

DSC_8501.jpg

DSC_8500-Edit.jpg

DSC_8507.jpg

Our tour guide and bus driver were telling us about the different foods and we started talking about Tamales...they asked if we wanted to try some real Belize tamales and of course we said yes. So on the way back to the ship we went through a neighborhood and they stopped and bought some for us...$1 a piece and they were huge.

DSC_8506.jpg

Again these tamales were huge! They were very very tasty though!

DSC_8510.jpg

DSC_8512.jpg

Belize was pretty, but only in certain areas we saw. We were told that the Key islands are where most of the resorts are and that they are very very pretty.

DSC_8480.jpg

DSC_8479.jpg

Last stop....Cozumel. We booked Nachi Cocom because we just wanted a day of relaxation on the beach. The wait for a taxi to go there was a bit long and the ride itself was only about 15 min.

The resort was nice. They had good service and kept bringing us drink after drink. The food was also above average. The water felt great as well!

DSC_8641.jpg

DSC_8642.jpg

DSC_8663.jpg

I have no idea who these shots are for....bad people...bad!

DSC_8683.jpg

DSC_8686.jpg

DSC_8696.jpg

DSC_8718.jpg

DSC_8720.jpg

DSC_8672.jpg

Finally.....it was interesting to see the Navigator up next to the Allure.

DSC_8636.jpg

DSC_8621.jpg

And two final notes about Cozumel...

One I hate that you have to go through Mexican customs to get back onto the boat. Long long lines, and I honestly don't see a reason for it.

Second...some people were worried about the time change and how it affects your ship in Cozumel. They are as of now the same time as Central US time, so the same exact time as it is in Galveston.

Again...great cruise we had a blast, and again I can answer any questions anyone might have.

great review, we had same feeling about Sabor living in Dallas but so many other Texans loved this place that we may have to try it next month, we did love the Italian place and Izumi and will do both of them at least once.

I too tried sabor last week and if you have ever been to cantina Laredo in Dallas then you will know what to expect in sabor. It is not tex-mex but true authentic Mexican food made with locally grown food. It is now my most favorite place since they took away portifinos. All though the chef in Giovanni's was a chef in portifinos and when I asked for a dish that I remembered from that old menu he actually made and for that he was awarded the coveted WOW card!

One I hate that you have to go through Mexican customs to get back onto the boat. . . .

Hmm, don't remember ever doing that .................. just someone glancing at the seapass cards is all.

P.S. Great photos, thanks.

Edited by pspercy

One I hate that you have to go through Mexican customs to get back onto the boat. Long long lines, and I honestly don't see a reason for it.

Just needed seapass to get through I assume?

Sent from my Samsung Note Edge

Edited by Riverz