BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - East Caribbean - Photo Video Trip Report 3/1/15

FRMPEI

CrimsonAndClovet. Celebrity has a package from Ottawa. It includes your flight, drink package and prepaid gratuities. We have taken it from Hamilton twice and will be doing it again in a few week. They just posted it for 2017 if you are interested. We have been on several Celebrity cruises as well as other cruise lines but find that Celebrity is the one we like the best.

Thanks for the heads up, canusa1. :) I had found that package on the Celebrity site and at first was scratching my head what it meant. With a little investigation, I found the particulars. It does look like a great package. Aside from the cost being better (no matter which combo I do, it does work out to be a better deal doing the package), it would be a good choice for first-timers on a cruise, methinks.

I'll be talking to DH and we'll probably go see our travel agent about it.

Just one quick question, if you don't mind (or anyone else who has used the Canadian North package) - how early do you recommend booking? I wonder when they sell out by. We have booked land resort all-inclusives usually in September (as early as August of the year prior and as late as December) for vacations in mid-Februrary, our preferred time.

Edited by CrimsonAndClover

I know that they start to advertise it in our paper and on TV in the early summer. I think that I would consider where you would like to be on the ship. We book mid ship port side. It seems that the most desirable locations go first. I would talk to your TA and decide if you are going and when. You do have time to decide if you want a cruise holiday or island holiday.

Once we started cruising we never went back to a island holiday until last year. We went on a cruise in Feb and went on a island holiday in April.

We did enjoy the island holiday but prefer the cruise holiday better. Both were all inclusive. They are very different for the fact you go to several island on the cruise.

We were very pleased with Canadian North. This year we leave at 0700 for West Palm Beach. Here in Hamilton the have had a flight go out on Saturdays to Miami for the Reflection and a flight go out on Sunday's for the Silhouette since the last week in January. They were sold out for every flight.

As far as the ship they are both beautiful ships and found the service excellent on both. If you have any questions please ask me and I will try to answer them.

Thanks so much, canusa1. :)

I appreciate the info.

The staterooms I am looking at are Vista deck, mid-ship Veranda. Other options are aft or Sunrise Deck. These would be for the Silhouette sailings on either Feb. 5 or Feb. 12, 2017.

I started a new thread for this, so as not to divert FRMPEI's thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49465163#post49465163

Edited by CrimsonAndClover
Correcting Dates

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I have started a new Photo Video Trip Report from our 11 Day Ultimate Caribbean March 13, 2017 cruise abroad the Celebrity Equinox. Lots more photos, videos and ramblings from me on our latest adventure.

Click Here For Equinox Part Deux Photo Video Trip Report

Link also in my signature

Regards,

Kevin Reid

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I have started a new Photo Video Trip Report from our 11 Day Ultimate Caribbean March 13, 2017 cruise abroad the Celebrity Equinox. Lots more photos, videos and ramblings from me on our latest adventure.

Click Here For Equinox Part Deux Photo Video Trip Report

Link also in my signature

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort you put into these wonderful reports. I am looking forward to my first ever cruise next April, and find myself living vicariously through your posts and pictures. Can't wait for more reports on your 2017 cruise, so while waiting, I decided to read this whole 2015 report! I can truly tell it is a labor of love.