BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - East Caribbean - Photo Video Trip Report 3/1/15

FRMPEI

2015 Silhouette Small Moments

CS15GP_%25200238%2520-%2520Version%25202-X2.jpg

It took me quite a while to finally get my last video together. If you have not clicked any of my videos please do me a favour and at least click this next video. It is 11 seconds short of 4 minutes in length and I think it captures all the small moments we enjoyed as a family on our seven day cruise aboard the Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette. I just love the song I picked this year which is a little different from last year's Equinox Small Moments video. So please give the Vimeo Link Below a click.

I learned a video edit lesson last year that I applied to this year. This year I did the longer recap (edit for family) 34 minute version first which allowed me to become familiar with the clips I liked. Then I was able to create the 4 minute version (video above) in an evening. Which was opposite from last year when I edited the short one first then the second longer family version edit second. If you would like to see the longer 34 minute version? I am including the Vimeo Video link to that video below. WARNING! it is 34 minutes long and maybe be boring to most.

I have updated my signature to include a link to my Vimeo Silhouette Album. All of the videos that appeared in this Photo Trip Report are there in one spot. The Last project left to do for this cruise is to create an iPhoto book for Christmas which will be a bit expensive because I have to purchase three copies. Thanks for following along.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

2015 Silhouette Small Moments

CS15GP_%25200238%2520-%2520Version%25202-X2.jpg

It took me quite a while to finally get my last video together. If you have not clicked any of my videos please do me a favour and at least click this next video. It is 11 seconds short of 4 minutes in length and I think it captures all the small moments we enjoyed as a family on our seven day cruise aboard the Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette. I just love the song I picked this year which is a little different from last year's Equinox Small Moments video. So please give the Vimeo Link Below a click.

I learned a video edit lesson last year that I applied to this year. This year I did the longer recap (edit for family) 34 minute version first which allowed me to become familiar with the clips I liked. Then I was able to create the 4 minute version (video above) in an evening. Which was opposite from last year when I edited the short one first then the second longer family version edit second. If you would like to see the longer 34 minute version? I am including the Vimeo Video link to that video below. WARNING! it is 34 minutes long and maybe be boring to most.

I have updated my signature to include a link to my Vimeo Silhouette Album. All of the videos that appeared in this Photo Trip Report are there in one spot. The Last project left to do for this cruise is to create an iPhoto book for Christmas which will be a bit expensive because I have to purchase three copies. Thanks for following along.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Got there at last great review superb pictures and video 26 Pages boy my eyes ache but I did enjoy.

Pleased to see your doing Eclipse 6 March 2016 few of same ports, look forward to catching up with you, are you joining in the roll call for this cruise could do with your input may be you could post some of your review that is relevant to this cruise.

We sailed Equinox in September and Solstice last November but for me Eclipse is the best superb staff.

Once again thanks for the review, by the way we love PEI and hope to return and day.

Pam & John

GREAT video and great review. Thank you for spending the time to share. i am shy and never post. This review moved me and I know you spent countless hours creating this. Taking this cruise in early Dec. Can't wait thanks to you!

Thanks for coming out of lurking status to add your comments to my Trip Report it means a lot to me. I am honoured your 8th post in 9 years. Have a great time in December aboard the Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Got there at last great review superb pictures and video 26 Pages boy my eyes ache but I did enjoy.

Pleased to see your doing Eclipse 6 March 2016 few of same ports, look forward to catching up with you, are you joining in the roll call for this cruise could do with your input may be you could post some of your review that is relevant to this cruise.

We sailed Equinox in September and Solstice last November but for me Eclipse is the best superb staff.

Once again thanks for the review, by the way we love PEI and hope to return and day.

Pam & John

Hello Pam & John,

So glad you were able to get thru the whole thing... my labour pf love. I guess I have not posted on our March 6, 2016 roll call as of yet. But I will! Donna and I are really looking forward to our first Eclipse in 2016. Of the seven ports 4 of them will be new to us. Lets make sure that we make a point to say hello to each other during sail-away or connections get together?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello Pam & John,

So glad you were able to get thru the whole thing... my labour pf love. I guess I have not posted on our March 6, 2016 roll call as of yet. But I will! Donna and I are really looking forward to our first Eclipse in 2016. Of the seven ports 4 of them will be new to us. Lets make sure that we make a point to say hello to each other during sail-away or connections get together?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin

I will make a point of picking you out, hopeful you will join in the sail away bash and we will for sure meet, on our last cruise the CC do was very poor only about 20 people but at sail away we had over 80 great turn out.

Are your sons with you or just You and Donna ?.

Looking forward to your postings on 06.03.16 roll call hope you post some of your report or as you say a labour of love on their also, very good reading.

Regards

John

Edited by snowyboy

Father vs. Son Video Showdown

The battle of the Sky Safari Zip Lining videos. The young gun takes on his father. A little video editing history... back in our Roller coaster days we had the number 1 Paramount Canada's Wonderland fan site where we featured some roller coaster and theme park videos. I did the first ones then Adam started to make a few and I realized he was much better than me. Fast forward about ten years and now we have the same cruise addiction as once was our roller coaster enthusiasm. I converted Adam from Adobe Premiere Elements to Apple's Final Cut Pro X. Cheap for Adam because he could download for free from Apple's Family share program. A few weeks back I offered Adam a Final Cut Pro X tutorial (the limited knowledge I have) to edge him on to get his first video on Final Cut Pro X completed.

Now for the battle of the Sky Safari videos Father vs. Son. You decide?

The Father's Entry...

The Son's Entry...

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello Pam & John,

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin!

Hello from a group of four Nova Scotians who will also be on the Eclipse sailing on 06MAR. We're flying down Saturday morning the 5th on the nonstop WestJet flight to Fort Lauderdale.

I'll make sure to give Eclipse a good check when I board her on Sunday to take her across the pond for us in March!

Jason (& Robert & Betty & Garry)

Father vs. Son Video Showdown

The battle of the Sky Safari Zip Lining videos. The young gun takes on his father. A little video editing history... back in our Roller coaster days we had the number 1 Paramount Canada's Wonderland fan site where we featured some roller coaster and theme park videos. I did the first ones then Adam started to make a few and I realized he was much better than me. Fast forward about ten years and now we have the same cruise addiction as once was our roller coaster enthusiasm. I converted Adam from Adobe Premiere Elements to Apple's Final Cut Pro X. Cheap for Adam because he could download for free from Apple's Family share program. A few weeks back I offered Adam a Final Cut Pro X tutorial (the limited knowledge I have) to edge him on to get his first video on Final Cut Pro X completed.

Now for the battle of the Sky Safari videos Father vs. Son. You decide?

The Father's Entry...

The Son's Entry...

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Now I think that was a draw, but great first effort very talented both of you.

John

Hi Kevin!

Hello from a group of four Nova Scotians who will also be on the Eclipse sailing on 06MAR. We're flying down Saturday morning the 5th on the nonstop WestJet flight to Fort Lauderdale.

I'll make sure to give Eclipse a good check when I board her on Sunday to take her across the pond for us in March!

Jason (& Robert & Betty & Garry)

Hi Jason,

I guess you have already left for your TA? Bummer we already booked our Air Canada flight for Saturday March 5. I don't recall seeing a West Jet direct from YHZ that would of been nice. When are you flying back from March Cruise? We have a son in Halifax and could have stayed at the YHZ Hotel with Parking. But I think their free parking is limited to 1 week. Any way we are flying out of Moncton (staying at Holiday Inns Express with two weeks parking) onto Montreal then down to FLL. Have you been active in the Eclipse roll call? I still have to make my first appearance there. Let's make a point to say hello to each other?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Jason,

I guess you have already left for your TA? Bummer we already booked our Air Canada flight for Saturday March 5. I don't recall seeing a West Jet direct from YHZ that would of been nice. When are you flying back from March Cruise? We have a son in Halifax and could have stayed at the YHZ Hotel with Parking. But I think their free parking is limited to 1 week. Any way we are flying out of Moncton (staying at Holiday Inns Express with two weeks parking) onto Montreal then down to FLL. Have you been active in the Eclipse roll call? I still have to make my first appearance there. Let's make a point to say hello to each other?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Just doing some last minute things are we're off to the airport in about an hour or so. We snagged the WS flight as soon as it became available. We fly home the same day doing American Airlines Miami-Philadelphia-Halifax.

Not too active - just busy getting ready for this one I suppose! We'll definitely have to say hello!

Jason

Very good! Always love the music you and your dad pick for your videos.

Thanks Mark! When the boys were young I was able to influence their music choices lots of 70's and 80's new wave. Then it changed the boys influenced what I listen too. From Nolan getting me into such things as Offspring, Greenday, Blink-182, Porcupine Tree etc. Adam is responsible for getting me into EDM which is probably my favourite type of music today. Adam started me out on Tiesto which lead to many things such as Above & Beyond, Cosmic Gate, Armin Van Buuren etc the list goes on. I just think EDM music fits best best in the videos I create. The problem is Donna is not big fan of EDM stills prefer her 80's. Thanks for your continued comments and support. About the only music I don't listen to is country and rap. (I tolerated country music for two weeks in July during Stampede week when I lived in Calgary, Alberta)

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin, thanks for sharing; I enjoyed your pictures and videos. Just in case you are wondering about that "sea gull," it looks like it is actually a brown booby. They are closely related to gannets, diving after fish in the same manner.

Here's a link for more info on the bird, if you are interested: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/brown_booby/lifehistory

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished my Maho Beach video to go along with my video collection from the cruise. I do find it easier to do shorter videos then then the long ones but that will be coming.

Here is the video check it out and let me know what you think.

Enjoy

Edited by SavvyAdam

I can't believe how many planes approach!

Unfortunately, the day when we visited St Marten in 2013, it rained.

We were on a coach tour on our previous visit in 2002, so only stopped at the airport for a short while to watch just one plane land, so thank you for the experience.

I can't believe how many planes approach!

Unfortunately, the day when we visited St Marten in 2013, it rained.

We were on a coach tour on our previous visit in 2002, so only stopped at the airport for a short while to watch just one plane land, so thank you for the experience.

Thanks, I am glad I was able to give you the true Maho Beach experience.

Michael's Club

CS15HX_%25200301-XL.jpg

We passed by Michael's Club numerous times during the week and what a super waste of space this is. Why? All the times we passed by saw NOBODY in there and on the rare time there was any activity maybe a couple of people. Even before Michael's was a Suites only venue it was under utilized. Now it looks like it is even more under utilized. Waste of space and resources IMO. Perhaps Celebrity should re-think the use of this space or at least allow the Sky/Aqua Suites entrances and maybe it would see a bit more utilization.

I guess they heard you.

• 2 weeks later...
Michael's Club

CS15HX_%25200301-XL.jpg

We passed by Michael's Club numerous times during the week and what a super waste of space this is. Why? All the times we passed by saw NOBODY in there and on the rare time there was any activity maybe a couple of people. Even before Michael's was a Suites only venue it was under utilized. Now it looks like it is even more under utilized. Waste of space and resources IMO. Perhaps Celebrity should re-think the use of this space or at least allow the Sky/Aqua Suites entrances and maybe it would see a bit more utilization.

I guess they heard you.

I was going to add a comment when this was first announced but I couldn't be bothered adding to that thread discussion. I will add/update my "Michaels" comments in my future March 2016 Eclipse Trip report. But, I am thinking it will still remain a under utilized space.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so very much for this wonderful trip report. I read yours from last year as well and look forward to next years. I read this over several nights and it was like going on the cruise myself.

Keep up the good work. We sail celebrity and are considering this ship for our next trip.

I was wanting to send an email direct but guess I can't - sorry. I have read and followed your posts and need your advice. I got a GoPro Hero4 Silver for Christmas and since my cruise is in 17 days, wondered if you could give me any quick advice on settings or anything at all that will help me. I have downloaded the app to my phone and iPad. Photo setting, night time, editing programs, any help appreciated. email me at armadillo@united.net. Thanks!!!!

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much for this outstanding trip report. I spent a number of (did not count since I was having such a good time) hours reading through your entire thread. :)

My husband and I have never cruised. We have taken only land vacations. However, after two different couple friends of ours raved about their cruises, we are considering taking one.

I spent some time researching and perusing many cruise lines and itineraries - the Caribbean is where my focus is at the moment. I had done a narrow down to Celebrity Silhouette based on various factors and then came upon your thread. Your extremely comprehensive trip report has nailed it - at least for me!

I really appreciate the detail - scanned menus, scanned dailies from on board, dinner photos, ship photos, etc. By the way, your ship photos are stellar. I got a real sense of what a cruise would be like.

Cheers, from Ottawa.

(Now, I just have to sell my dear husband ;))

Edited by CrimsonAndClover