BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - East Caribbean - Photo Video Trip Report 3/1/15

FRMPEI

• 2 weeks later...

Port Everglades Webcam - Our Wave Captured

CS15HX_%25200038-X2.jpg

Earlier in the Trip Report when I was reporting on our sail-away I had mentioned that our wave was captured by the Port Everglades Webcam but at that time the video was not for sale. I checked back yesterday with their site and was able to purchase our March 1, 2015 video ($12.66 CDN). Attached below below is quick 25 second video captured from the entire 6 minute video clip of our wave captured by the webcam. Give it a click.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thank you so much for sharing your great trip report with us! I loved coming along for the ride.

Can't wait for your next one! I wish there was a way to get a notification when you start them, but I suppose I'll have to put a note in my calendar for 2016!

I appreciate your trip report, FRMPEI; your hard work and time is greatly appreciated. We will be sailing on the Silhouette in a few weeks (yea!) for the first time (but our 4th sailing on an S-class ship), and I'm looking forward to trying the Lawn Club Grill. I'm glad that your group rated it so highly. Also, we are doing this same itinerary (same ship) in December. So your reviews are going to be helpful as we think about planning our excursions.

One question - what do you get when you book the Alcoves? I'm expecting a lot more children on our December cruise, and am thinking the Alcoves might give me some respite from the little ones. But what do you get for your money aside from a reserved spot? Lunch?

BTW Kevin- I used to be a picky eater like you (just give me my meat and potatoes!). Thanks to a wonderful food guide (my husband), my dining choices shock the rest of my family, and I have friends who say... "If Sherrie will eat it, it must be good!". Thanks for the photos of the meat & potatoes - especially the ribeye from Tuscan. It looked so delicious, and while those dishes aren't my first choice anymore, I might have drooled over one or two of the photos.

Kevin:

I seem to remember that you use a portable hard drive that reads camera cards? If so, what type is it?

No I don't have a hard drive that reads camera cards directly. But! There is always a but with me with tech. I own a Seagate Wireless Plus Hard Drive which you can copy stuff from your iPad over to it (wirelessly). By simply hooking a camera kit to the iPad you can insert your SD card into that which will transfer onto your iPad them use Seagate wireless plus to take form iPad.

To be honest with you I would just invest in more SD cards (good quality) and store/carry them in a nice case like this one. (Pelican approx $35-$40)

DSC09491-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I appreciate your trip report, FRMPEI; your hard work and time is greatly appreciated. We will be sailing on the Silhouette in a few weeks (yea!) for the first time (but our 4th sailing on an S-class ship), and I'm looking forward to trying the Lawn Club Grill. I'm glad that your group rated it so highly. Also, we are doing this same itinerary (same ship) in December. So your reviews are going to be helpful as we think about planning our excursions.

One question - what do you get when you book the Alcoves? I'm expecting a lot more children on our December cruise, and am thinking the Alcoves might give me some respite from the little ones. But what do you get for your money aside from a reserved spot? Lunch?

BTW Kevin- I used to be a picky eater like you (just give me my meat and potatoes!). Thanks to a wonderful food guide (my husband), my dining choices shock the rest of my family, and I have friends who say... "If Sherrie will eat it, it must be good!". Thanks for the photos of the meat & potatoes - especially the ribeye from Tuscan. It looked so delicious, and while those dishes aren't my first choice anymore, I might have drooled over one or two of the photos.

Hello louisville, KY,

We have a very good friend who lives in Louisville that we hope to get him to cruise with us someday. I just hope you are as pleased with the lawn clubs as we were. Alcoves! You are really paying to have the exclusive use of the spot for one day. What's included... I believe they will deliver a fruit tray that is included in the prices. Lunch would not be included. A Butler is included to take your drink orders during the day which was quite nice since we all had the premium beverage package. The "butler" was our waiter that we had from a previous night at the Lawn Club Grill and he was fantastic and very personable. If you are travelling during Christmas Holidays there are bound to be "Many" more children aboard and the Alcove just might fair out to be a nice exclusive retreat for you. They will also lend you iPad without {wifi} that would be extra. But seriously who does not have their own personal iPad/tablet there days?

Right! Donna and I are not much for fish/Lamb thing and the reason why we probably would not do Aqua/Blu again. I really enjoyed myself this past cruise spending my Aqua Class money on Specialty Dining.:)

Thanks for the comments and the questions.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

No I don't have a hard drive that reads camera cards directly. But! There is always a but with me with tech. I own a Seagate Wireless Plus Hard Drive which you can copy stuff from your iPad over to it (wirelessly). By simply hooking a camera kit to the iPad you can insert your SD card into that which will transfer onto your iPad them use Seagate wireless plus to take form iPad.

To be honest with you I would just invest in more SD cards (good quality) and store/carry them in a nice case like this one. (Pelican approx $35-$40)

DSC09491-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks Kevin!

I have the card reader for the iPad, so I guess backing up there and a couple of extra cards, I should be good to go. Except my iPad is only 16GB :eek:

Wonderful review....booked this week on reflection for Europe next year....great to see what a beautiful class of ship she is....booked a concierge cabin...if you ever get restless and think about changing lines princess would be a good choice....sailed the gorgeous regal last winter ......amazing buffet with it's own pastry shop and cheese room.....also outdoor dining space....so nice to see families with adult children traveling together.....enjoyed every hour it took me to read it!

After reading through your report, and seeing all the photos and videos, I feel as though I was on the sailing with you!! This was all incredible. My wife and I are actually booked on the same itinerary, March 27, 2016, so this was extra helpful. A quick question, which iPhone app do you use to do your countdown? Thanks!!

Thanks Kevin!

I have the card reader for the iPad, so I guess backing up there and a couple of extra cards, I should be good to go. Except my iPad is only 16GB :eek:

You may want to look at a wireless hard drive as way to expand your iPad. Seagate has a new cheaper 500g model and I believe WD and Lacie have a new one. They are cool because you can load up external wireless HDD with "stuff" and use an App to play them on your iPad. But extra SD cards are still cheaper.:)

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Wonderful review....booked this week on reflection for Europe next year....great to see what a beautiful class of ship she is....booked a concierge cabin...if you ever get restless and think about changing lines princess would be a good choice....sailed the gorgeous regal last winter ......amazing buffet with it's own pastry shop and cheese room.....also outdoor dining space....so nice to see families with adult children traveling together.....enjoyed every hour it took me to read it!

Trying to switch me to Princess eh? The new Royal and Regal Princess look beautiful and to be honest if Donna were to try something other than Celebrity, Princess would be at the top of our list. We had a lot of fun with our boys this past cruise and would for them to come with us in 2016. We have 2 cabins booked for 2017 on Equinox with Adam's name holding the second one. We told him he has until Dec 2016 to save for his final payment.

Thanks for you kind comments and so glad you enjoyed EVERY HOUR of it.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

What an outstanding review and your pictures were worth a million dollars.

Why Thank You! If only I had that million dollars I could get myself that new Sony A6000 mirrorless camera that is at the top of my wish list. (and new Zero Turn Kubota Tractor Lawn Mower... different forum)

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

After reading through your report, and seeing all the photos and videos, I feel as though I was on the sailing with you!! This was all incredible. My wife and I are actually booked on the same itinerary, March 27, 2016, so this was extra helpful. A quick question, which iPhone app do you use to do your countdown? Thanks!!

Hopefully you and your wife will have as great a time that we all had.

iPhone App? I have a couple on my iPhone but I like "Ship Mate" best and it is the one I captured the count downs from. It is also good to keep track of your past cruises because you can probably remember the month but not the days. The second one I have is called "Cruise Card" which is okay but not as good as Ship Mate. Hope this helps?

Thanks for your Comments.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

iPhone App? I have a couple on my iPhone but I like "Ship Mate" best and it is the one I captured the count downs from. It is also good to keep track of your past cruises because you can probably remember the month but not the days. The second one I have is called "Cruise Card" which is okay but not as good as Ship Mate. Hope this helps?

Great, thanks! I'll download them today.

P.S. happy to see another Hockey fan on the boards! I think I'm part Canadian due to my love for that sport, lol.

Kevin:

I seem to remember that you use a portable hard drive that reads camera cards? If so, what type is it?

I found this little product today which may interest you. Check it out it just may do what you need?

http://www.ravpower.com/ravpower-rp-wd01-filehub-3000mah-power-bank.html

Regards,

Kevin Reid

• 3 months later...

Kevin,

Thanks for a very informative review. I came across your post on the Equinox roll call for our cruise in 2017, its taken me a while to read both your reviews, I have been dipping in and out over the last week or so.

We sailed the Equinox earlier this year, our first time on Celebrity and we were suitably impressed

Hope to hear more from you as our roll call gets busier nearer the time.

Wes

Hey there, great review.... I'm on the Celebrity Silhouette as we speak heading to Ashdod.. does anyone know if when we land at 1pm tomorrow if I can do the dead sea tour on my own and if so, how would I go about arranging this? Its just myself and my friend so we want to make sure we're super safe and don't get ripped off. If anyone reading this is on our ship right now too and wants to go in on the dead sea tour with us... let me know and we an meet up!

Hey there, great review.... I'm on the Celebrity Silhouette as we speak heading to Ashdod.. does anyone know if when we land at 1pm tomorrow if I can do the dead sea tour on my own and if so, how would I go about arranging this? Its just myself and my friend so we want to make sure we're super safe and don't get ripped off. If anyone reading this is on our ship right now too and wants to go in on the dead sea tour with us... let me know and we an meet up!

Firstly welcome to cruise Critic. It is too late now and I hope your day was okay in Ashdod? For future reference you may of gotten a reply if you had of posted your Ashdod question as a new thread.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin,

Thanks for a very informative review. I came across your post on the Equinox roll call for our cruise in 2017, its taken me a while to read both your reviews, I have been dipping in and out over the last week or so.

We sailed the Equinox earlier this year, our first time on Celebrity and we were suitably impressed

Hope to hear more from you as our roll call gets busier nearer the time.

Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks for coming over and reading my Trip Reports. Please! Please! introduce yourself to Donna and I March 2017. I surely will be spending time on the roll calls. Most like will be spending more time on our March 2016 Eclipse but 2017 will roll up before we know it.

I am about to share a couple of new videos that I just finished editing I hope you come back and give then a peek.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I've enjoyed reading your review. We will be on the Silhouette in January for our first back to back cruise so am looking forward to sailing on her. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for your comments. I just started to read your Equinox Med Trip Report looking forward to finishing that up. We did a back to back on Silhouette March 2013 first week of weather (east) was beautiful second week (west) weather was dreadful hope your weather is much nicer.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hey! Got Four Minutes?

I am going to say right off the top that I am not a fan of watching Slide Show videos but, I am still going to ask you to give a click on my slide show video. I figured it would be kind of neat to put all of the photos I used in this trip report into one video. (Photos only no scans)

This video is only 4 minutes long with just under 500 photos.

Now if the video above was just two fast for you and you would like it slowed down a bit? You must check out the 23 minutes version of the slide show with music provided by Nolan Reid.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Why Thank You! If only I had that million dollars I could get myself that new Sony A6000 mirrorless camera that is at the top of my wish list. (and new Zero Turn Kubota Tractor Lawn Mower... different forum)

s for your comments.

I didn't win a million dollars but I did get myself a new Sony a6000 Mirrorless Camera and also a new Kubota ZD221 Zero Turn mower this summer. Having fun with the camera and hoping to get lots of nice pictures for 2016's Trip Report.

Regards,

Kevin Reid