BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - East Caribbean - Photo Video Trip Report 3/1/15

FRMPEI

Still loving your review! I wonder if Pete Matthews is based in St. Maarten, since he was also on our Equinox trip earlier in the month. He was quite funny!

-Molly

Pete sure is one funny guy. It was the same show I saw in 2013 but still laughed. The boys really enjoyed Pete.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

LOVED the Liars' Club! Finally made myself stay awake long enough to go. Laughed myself silly.

Even though this was the third time we saw it. It was still fun and funny.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 6 - Sea Day - Friday March 6, 2015

Celebrity Today

Front Page

CT_Day06_030615_1-XL.jpg

Inside Left Page 2

CT_Day06_030615_2-XL.jpg

Inside Right Page 3

CT_Day06_030615_3-XL.jpg

Back Page 4

CT_Day06_030615_4-XL.jpg

Featured Today Front

CT_Day06_030615_FT1-XL.jpg

Featured Today Back

CT_Day06_030615_FT2-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 6 - Sea Day - Elite Breakfast

Set the alarm for 6:15 AM sunrise set for 6:42 AM but decided to sleep in until 7:15 AM. Followed my normal routine and down to deck 5's Cafe al Bacio for hot chocolate and croissants for two. Then out to our balcony to continue writing up the previous day's notes. This is also when I re-affirm to myself that I could not do a "live" Trip Report while cruising. It would just take to much of my time and probably drive Donna crazy. So far this trip I have spent at least an hour a night just jotting down notes no way could I spend the time on a live Trip Report.

Donna and I would be on our own this morning for breakfast so we figured we would try for our first time Elite Breakfast in the Tuscan. So about 8:00 AM we wander down to deck five and pass an empty Michael's Club on the way. We are seated at a very nice window seat in Tuscan. Not very many other people are there maybe ten tops.

CS15HX_%25201783-XL.jpg

Left & Right side of Menu

CS15HX_%25201785-XL.jpgCS15HX_%25201787-XL.jpg

Donna Studying the Menu with my notebook on the table

CS15HX_%25201789-XL.jpg

Donna's Plate

CS15HX_%25201800-XL.jpg

My Fruit Plate

CS15HX_%25201802-XL.jpg

I think in the future Donna and I will continue to try this Elite Breakfast thing. Kind of hard to do Elite things when your travel partners are not Elite. Our 2016 Eclipse Cruise could be by our selves because the way it looks right now the March break is not going to work our for Ken and Norma Jean in 2016.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Day 6 - Sea Day - The Alcoves

As part of Donna's 2014 Christmas presents her lovely husband , that is me, booked her an Alcove for the second last sea day. We first booked an Alcove back in 2013 and Donna really enjoyed here day up there.

Alcove Confirmation Front & Back

CT_Day05_030515_AlcovesResr_1-XL.jpgCT_Day05_030515_AlcovesResr_2-XL.jpg

So back in 2013 when we arrived at the alcoves Donna's name was already on a Cabana. But this year her name was not we just picked that same one as 2013. Within a few minutes the butler arrived to greet us and confirmed that you just take the one you wanted and put Donna's name in the slot.

CS15HX_%25201810-XL.jpg

Donna in Her Element

CS15HX_%25201812-XL.jpg

CS15GP_%25200453-XL.jpg

CS15GP_%25200455-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin, awesome review and your pictures are great.

We are sailing the Silhouette for a BI cruise in mid-July and really getting excited. It's obviously a cool weather cruise so it will be interesting to compare with yours.

Would you mind telling me how you ranked the all dining options, specialty restaurants including MDR? Any other recommendations you could give as a whole would be appreciated, just so you know we are aft cabin Concierge on Penthouse deck.

[quote name=FRMPEI

A pretty busy beach looking back towards Sunset Bar.

CS15HX_%25201474-XL.jpg

Kevin Reid

We were on the same cruise and been following your pictures wondering if we were going to appear in any and we have done that in this one... :D

Kevin, awesome review and your pictures are great.

We are sailing the Silhouette for a BI cruise in mid-July and really getting excited. It's obviously a cool weather cruise so it will be interesting to compare with yours.

Would you mind telling me how you ranked the all dining options, specialty restaurants including MDR? Any other recommendations you could give as a whole would be appreciated, just so you know we are aft cabin Concierge on Penthouse deck.

Good question and one that I will cover on Day 7. During our final dinner at Tuscan I took an impromptu survey from everybody asking them to rank them from #1 thru last. I will show those results on Day 7's report.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We were on the same cruise and been following your pictures wondering if we were going to appear in any and we have done that in this one... :D

I don't think we meet on the cruise did we? Where are you in the picture?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hey Kevin we are finally starting to get some need sun eh

I was wondering on how you find pricing for the Alcoves and spa

I tried Celebrity Web but can't seem to find it

Maybe it's a maritimer thing lol

Alcoves Sea Day $150 USD Port Day $99. Spa the only thing Donna had ever tried is a Manicure approx. $100 and she was really happy with it. Me not much of a spa person. I don't think you see the prices for the alcoves until you are booked. I could be wrong on this.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Day 6 - Sea Day - Picture Wandering

Donna loves her Alcove but I don't think I spent anymore time than a half an hour sitting in it with her. I just like to wandering around on my own so Nolan I decided we would wander a round a while and take some pictures.

CS15NN_%25200749-XL.jpg

CS15NN_%25200735-XL.jpg

CS15NN_%25200741-XL.jpg

CS15HX_%25201834-XL.jpg

CS15HX_%25201838-XL.jpg

CS15NN_%25200761-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I don't think we meet on the cruise did we? Where are you in the picture?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

No we didn't meet on the cruise... If you noticed a man wearing an Arsenal football shirt (English football) every day (difference colours each day) then that would have been me... [emoji16]

We are 4 people and as you look pretty much in the middle of the picture my friend is the one wearing the bright yellow shirt & I'm next to/behind him in the blue shirt... Our partners are the one with the hat sitting down in a black top/dress and the lady behind in the red dress...

As I said it was pretty cool seeing us pop up in you're review.. [emoji16]

It's great seeing your updates & additions as it brings little memory's back of a great cruise...

Cheers

No we didn't meet on the cruise... If you noticed a man wearing an Arsenal football shirt (English football) every day (difference colours each day) then that would have been me... [emoji16]

We are 4 people and as you look pretty much in the middle of the picture my friend is the one wearing the bright yellow shirt & I'm next to/behind him in the blue shirt... Our partners are the one with the hat sitting down in a black top/dress and the lady behind in the red dress...

As I said it was pretty cool seeing us pop up in you're review.. [emoji16]

It's great seeing your updates & additions as it brings little memory's back of a great cruise...

Cheers

Here are two more pictures that I could of chosen for the original post.

I see you in this one.

CS15WA_%25200792-XL.jpg

Barely see your friend in this one

CS15WA_%25200788-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Here are two more pictures that I could of chosen for the original post.

I see you in this one.

CS15WA_%25200792-XL.jpg

Barely see your friend in this one

CS15WA_%25200788-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Yes that's us! [emoji4]

I really like this picture that Nolan captured of the sea gull. I had never noticed how colourful these birds were.

CS15NN_%25200093-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

The coloring and in-flight posture of this bird are very similar to the Gannet. I'm not familiar with Gannets being Caribbean sea birds so perhaps with its coloring it's a relative species. Great shot...it's beautiful!

The coloring and in-flight posture of this bird are very similar to the Gannet. I'm not familiar with Gannets being Caribbean sea birds so perhaps with its coloring it's a relative species. Great shot...it's beautiful!

Might be my mistake calling the bird a SEA GULL. I will let Nolan know that you like his shot.

Thanks for the comment

Kevin Reid

Day 6 - Sea Day - Sign Up For Internet

Nolan & Kevin back at the Lawn Club.

CS15HX_%25201897-XL.jpg

When I was posing for this picture below I realized that I did not have any sun screen on (this Irish skinned person) and had to remedy that situation.

CS15HX_%25201916-XL.jpg

I put the Go Pro on the Hammock

CS15HX_%25201914-XL.jpg

Here it is day 6 of the cruise and there was no interest from anybody to sign up for the free Elite 90 minute internet package until now. Donna & Nolan were last online in San Juan via their iPhones. Rogers (our cell phone carrier) has a pretty good deal while roaming the US $5/day and just use your monthly package as if we were back home. Much cheaper than buying a $50 roaming package. So the boys and I headed down to the iLounge to sign up for our two free 90 minute packages. Now you don't have to go to the Lounge to do this you can sign up anywhere from your own device. Actually I think it might easier sign up from the provided Mac's in the iLounge because they are hard wired to the ships WAN rather than wireless and swiping through a touch screen on your own device (IMO).

CS15HX_%25201909-XL.jpg

CS15HX_%25201907-XL.jpg

Real simple to create an account and sign-in:

1) as mention above to do not need to go to iLounge to do this.

2) Create a User Name

3) You need your Folio # from the front of your SeaPass. The Folio number knows your Captain Club Status and credits minutes accordingly.

4) Create a password

5) You are done... If you are Elite you will see a 90 minute credit. NO COUPON REQUIRED.

6) Login with newly created username & password

7) Be sure to either click the "log Out" button or type "Logout" in the browser. Do not just close your device it will not log you out... the clock will keep ticking.

CS15HX_%25201905-XL.jpg

Nolan was anxious to get an update on our Charlottetown Islanders who were on the road. The internet looked pretty slow and nowhere near high speed and my home high speed is not very fast. Neither Nolan or Adam used up the entire 90 minute over the next day and a half.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Could it be a Common Murre?

But I agree, wonderful shot! We saw them, too, as we were approaching San Juan and they were very fun to photograph.

Day 6 - Sea Day - Lunch Lawn Club Grill

I believe today was the only day that a specialty restaurant was open for lunch during our cruise. Donna really enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill the other night and requested with the butler to book the the four us in for lunch. Nolan found a new love in lamp chops and ordered them. Adam and Donna ordered the chicken kabob. While I ordered a rib eye and chicken kabob. I didn't realize your could order just a plain chicken kabob. I personally liked the plain chicken better than the Tandoor kabob.

Now some pictures:

Michele and Louis did not join us for lunch. I guess they wanted to save their appetite for Murano tonight. Michele took this next picture of us seated at our table in the Lawn Club Grill from our Alcove.

CS15MW_%25200448%2520-%2520Version%25202-XL.jpg

First some salad

CS15HX_%25201922-XL.jpg

Then some flatbread. Yummy thumbs up!

CS15GP_%25200461-XL.jpg

Nolan's Lamb Chops, Chicken & Veggie Kabob.

CS15HX_%25201936-XL.jpg

Donna went lite with a chicken & Veg kabob and baked potato.

CS15HX_%25201943-XL.jpg

Kevin's Ribeye, Chicken & Veggie Kabobs, and dirty rice.

CS15HX_%25201940-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid