Selfie Sticks

volmoma

The thing that makes the selfie-stick such a shiny option for me (and anyone who's reduced the kit size with mirrorless magic) is that it folds down to about 8" long and fits easily in my diminutive NEX kit bag.

Dave

Dave:

Can the stick be used with the NEX-type camera or do you have to have a smart phone?

Dave:

Can the stick be used with the NEX-type camera or do you have to have a smart phone?

Those were taken with my A6000.

Here's the unit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LTT27C0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The little head is made for phones and compact cameras but will hold the a6000 or NEX-7 pretty well. It looks like I could remove it and epoxy a 1/4-20 stud in the end if I needed to replace it with a tiny ballhead or something.

Anyway, I'm sorry in advance if you end up buying one. I do that to you a lot! :)

Dave

Edited by pierces

Got my stick today, can't wait to practice taking pics!! Love the idea of getting great pics without having to ask people to take them, and both of us will be in the pic. With just extending the stick a few inches, no risk of harming people around us, can get a great pic with no HEAD OR FACE chopped off..LOL

Does anyone know if, while on ship, Bluetooth works with airplane mode on? Thinking of getting a selfie stick, tired of asking strangers to take photos. Waiting to hear..[emoji328][emoji328][emoji328]

I have yet NOT found a friendly person to take a shot or two or three with me in it. Be it my phone, or my D4/24-70 2.8.. I'm a little more selective with who I hand my D4 to than my iPhone, LOL

I could see the advantage of a longer stick for unique angles but shudder to think of the circus with many more idiots walking around with stick and shooting themselves with no care or awareness for those around them...:eek:

• 4 months later...