sheets

msshawn

Some people are a bit more "active" on vacation, so I understand it. Room stewards will normally accommodate any reasonable requests tho. Just pony up some extra cash when you ask so they make you a priority .

Some people are a bit more "active" on vacation, so I understand it. Room stewards will normally accommodate any reasonable requests tho. Just pony up some extra cash when you ask so they make you a priority .

LOL, nothing like catching up on a cruise, especially with a balcony cabin. But that's another thread.

Edited by scuabacruiser

Hotels have not changed the sheets every day for a while now. More "green" not to wash them when the same person/people are in the room.

As others have said, you don't change them at home every day why would you need them changed on the ship each day? Unless you are playing musical beds with strangers. :eek:

Most of the lines will not change sheets on cruises under 7 days, and will do it once, midweek, on a 7 day, and some don't do even that. It takes about 4 days to clear the linens from turn-around day, there's no way they could keep washing sheets every day.

How would one know the waiters don't spit in the food, you wouldn't. (Just to make a point). I've asked once for the sheets to be changed because my hubby got sick and the room steward changed them with no problem.

If they changed the sheets in every bed on a ship every day, and washed them, that would be a whole lot of wasted water and gray water dump in the ocean every day. Does not make sense.

Yes, they will change your sheets if you ask just like any hotel will change your sheets sooner if you ask.

If they changed the sheets in every bed on a ship every day, and washed them, that would be a whole lot of wasted water and gray water dump in the ocean every day. Does not make sense.

Yes, they will change your sheets if you ask just like any hotel will change your sheets sooner if you ask.

While I agree with your sentiments, there are a couple of things I would like to point out.

First, gray water is not dumped in the ocean. All water; black water from the toilets, gray water from sinks, showers, and laundry, and galley water is treated before being pumped overboard. Most ships have advanced waste water treatment plants that treat all of this water to near drinking water condition.

Secondly, while it would be a waste of energy, many ships use "free water" in the laundry. This is the condensate taken from the air in the air conditioning system. I'm sure that anyone with a whole house A/C unit knows what a condensate pump does to remove this water from your attic or basement. On a cruise ship, this can equate to several hundred tons of water daily, and is perfectly good for doing laundry with.

About 10 years ago they changed the standard on 4 star hotels from daily sheet changes to every third day. The housekeepers workload was increased from 16 to 20 rooms daily, so this was a payroll savings for the hotels. On a recent Magic cruise our room attendant said he had 27 rooms (but he also had a helper).