Party for a large group

uttu

Hi

We are a group of around 40 sailing in June on Princess to Alaska. We have two people having Birthday on the same day while on cruise.

Is there anything I can organize like a small party? Does Princess allow this and how much do they charge if any? I would appreciate any information. We have booked through a TA.

TIA!

Hi

We are a group of around 40 sailing in June on Princess to Alaska. We have two people having Birthday on the same day while on cruise.

Is there anything I can organize like a small party? Does Princess allow this and how much do they charge if any? I would appreciate any information. We have booked through a TA.

TIA!

Contact the "Meet & Greet" coordinator for your ship. They arrange special events like the M&G and would probably be the go to. This is the current list (maybe).

Diana Hall Jenny Streeck

Supervisor Sapphire & Grand

661 284 4449 661 284 4444

dhall@princesscruises.com jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr Lawrence Andrada

Coral & Ruby Regal & Sea

661 284 4448 661 284 4445

bgrayr@princesscruises.com landrada@princesscruises.com

Rosanne Pennucci Jan James

Island & Emerald Golden, Ocean & Pacific

661 284 4443 661 284 4452

rpennucci@princesscruises.com jjames@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes Jodi Rudolph

Caribbean Crown & Star

661 284 4447 661 284 4450

creyes@princesscruises.com jrudolph@princesscruises.com

Stacey Anderson

Royal, Sun & Dawn

661 284 4333

sanderson@princesscruises.com

OR the maitre d' on the ship, but that would be after the cruise starts and might make it more difficult.

Hi

TIA!

There are event planners at the Princess offices that are assigned to each ship.

They just help set up a space onboard to use.

Maybe give them a call to set one up.

Not normaly a charge and they may supply a bartender (cash bar) depending on what venue you use but rarely any food.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We do one every cruise. Call and make the plans in advance. Pricing is much cheaper when done that way. It usually is for 1 hour. Note when they say 3-4 pm they mean it. So everyone should be there at 3, order their first drink immediately and one at 3:55. It is a great time to try new drinks. I think it is only a few dollars more for the premium alcohol and very cheap to have a few snacks like fruit or veggy trays. They put up a sign with your group name, block off a section of a public room just for us and supply a bartender and server. Some times two or three depending on the size of our group.

The catch to this is it must be paid in advance by one person. Also, I go down about half and hour before the party and make sure they know that I expect them to be able to handle our group and keep the drinks flowing during that hour. We once had a bartender that hadn't got us a drink 20 minutes into the party. I told him if he couldn't do his job get someone that could. Amazingly we had drinks immediately. You can also order shots along with the drinks so I make sure that there are enough shot glasses for us.

These parties are something we all look forward to.

We do one every cruise. Call and make the plans in advance. Pricing is much cheaper when done that way. It usually is for 1 hour. Note when they say 3-4 pm they mean it. So everyone should be there at 3, order their first drink immediately and one at 3:55. It is a great time to try new drinks. I think it is only a few dollars more for the premium alcohol and very cheap to have a few snacks like fruit or veggy trays. They put up a sign with your group name, block off a section of a public room just for us and supply a bartender and server. Some times two or three depending on the size of our group.

The catch to this is it must be paid in advance by one person. Also, I go down about half and hour before the party and make sure they know that I expect them to be able to handle our group and keep the drinks flowing during that hour. We once had a bartender that hadn't got us a drink 20 minutes into the party. I told him if he couldn't do his job get someone that could. Amazingly we had drinks immediately. You can also order shots along with the drinks so I make sure that there are enough shot glasses for us.

These parties are something we all look forward to.

This is when you pay extra to include bar drinks for everyone.

You can still have an area reserved and not have to book this way, just have a cash bar for those who wish to purchase drinks.

This is when you pay extra to include bar drinks for everyone.

You can still have an area reserved and not have to book this way, just have a cash bar for those who wish to purchase drinks.

True but I mention it because overall cost wise it is a fabulous deal. It is one of the last real deals on a cruise. Since the OP was referring to a personal group and not a bunch of strangers I think it is something to be considered.