carnival magic upgrades before repositioning

clearandsunny

As of right now, the prices are great. That's why I want to book before they officially announce any upgrades that may be added.

I agree! Carnival has the best prices in the industry! Even with the upgrades I don't think there will be that much difference in prices!

• 4 weeks later...

The Magic will go to dry dock Feb. 21st 2016. We had B2B cruises booked for Feb 14th and Feb 21st. Carnival cancelled our 2nd cruise and tried to put us

on the Freedom. Freedom leaves on a Sat. and Magic leaves on Sun. We

would still be at sea on that Sat. So I had to find new cruises. Not happy!

This was our 45th wedding anniversary cruise. Now we are on B2B cruises in Jan. We will be in the middle of Mardi Gras cruising out of Galveston. Did that

this year and it was not fun, but oh well--we are still looking forward to the

B2B cruise. This will be our 1st one.

• 7 months later...

according to John Heald's postings this week the Magic is in drydock now, and my favorite upgrade is included, the Alchemy Bar has been added to the Ocean Plaza area. HOORAY!!!!!

We sailed in the Mediterranean on the Magic's second sailing, and it was great. They also have a Red Frog Pub, as a full bar with seating and entertainment, rather than just the little Lido Deck bar area that they added to some of the other ships as an upgrade.

As others have said, they are also adding the Blue Iguana and I am certain many cosmetic upgrades.

Looking forward to attending a wedding on embarkation day and then a great New Year's cruise.

Beverly

The Magic is underway from Freeport back to Galveston. Can't wait to see the upgrades completed. Been watching the build outs on cruisehive.com but no finished pictures. Oh well Apr 3rd will get new soon. Nancy

Can't wait to hear about all the new upgrades in the next month or so. We will be sailing her for the July 4th Holiday. This will be the second time that we have booked so far out that the ship has gone through a 2.0 upgrade before we sail. Favorite addition is Alchemy Bar. Anyone know how to reserve a seat at the Alchemy?:eek::D:D

Is Guys burger really that much better than regular hamburger??? Sailing on Magic in few weeks. I always that a burger is a burger.

Yes, yes it is. :) I'm not a big hamburger fan. I cannot say the last time I ordered a hamburger anywhere while dining out. I took a cruise last year on the Freedom and decided to try Guy's Burgers. One and I was hooked, I probably ate 4 or 5 burgers in 7 days lol. I'm quite sad to realize the Dream I'm going on Sunday doesn't have it!

I booked Monday for a cruise next fall (long way off) and already had a price drop and the $50 OBC from the ES for VIFP.

We have not sailed on the Magic yet and I am looking forward to it. It will be the next step up in ships from our last one.

I don't think they meant a dry dock but upgrades. They having all but two of Carnivals new features installed . It began Feb. 21, 2016

The ship was indeed in dry dock. Do an internet search if you wish and you'll find a couple of pictures of her up on blocks.

Actually the Magic is in dry dock now. She has been in Freeport for 2 weeks. She sails back to Galveston possibly today. She has a sailing tomorrow. If you go to Carnival's website and look up the Magic. Go to dining and onboard activities. Right underneath each options it has a button to view more. Once you go there you can see everything that is coming soon. There will be a banner across it. Guy's Burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog and more! She leaves for PC in April.

Actually the Magic is in dry dock now. She has been in Freeport for 2 weeks. She sails back to Galveston possibly today. She has a sailing tomorrow. If you go to Carnival's website and look up the Magic. Go to dining and onboard activities. Right underneath each options it has a button to view more. Once you go there you can see everything that is coming soon. There will be a banner across it. Guy's Burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog and more! She leaves for PC in April.

She left Freeport on Thursday evening, so I guess she will be reaching Galveston tonight!

Can't wait to hear about all the new upgrades in the next month or so. We will be sailing her for the July 4th Holiday. This will be the second time that we have booked so far out that the ship has gone through a 2.0 upgrade before we sail. Favorite addition is Alchemy Bar. Anyone know how to reserve a seat at the Alchemy?:eek::D:D

Get there early. :)