From Solo Pricing to Double Occupancy

suizas

If I book a cabin as a solo today, but then in several months from now find someone to join me and have them added to the reservation, how will that effect the pricing of the cabin? I will already be paying the equivalent of TWO when I book...

will the cabin be repriced at what the current rates are so I may potentially miss out on the saving I see in booking alone, now?

If I book a cabin as a solo today, but then in several months from now find someone to join me and have them added to the reservation, how will that effect the pricing of the cabin? I will already be paying the equivalent of TWO when I book...

will the cabin be repriced at what the current rates are so I may potentially miss out on the saving I see in booking alone, now?

you may NOT necessarily be allowed to add a second person at all. once Life Boat capacity for that musters station has been reached, that's it. as for who it gets repriced, that may depend on a variety of factors

You would have a better chance of adding 1 person to a solo booking then a third, a few months later. I booked a Solo then a couple months late a lady friend wanted to go, this wasn't on RCCL but Princess and my price stayed the same in total but was split showing her cost with taxes. If you were to add another person then it is possible they would pay the going rate plus Taxes.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

While this was clear in the past and RCI would take the rate that you paid at time of booking and then take that same rate as the base fare and add the second passenger at this same fare, this is not always as clear today.

They have started more frequently re-pricing for C&A issues and may do so with solos as well. I hope not. For Example, if you move up to a higher C&A level and want to apply the new discount, they do a new booking now to apply this.

If you know you are going to be having someone join you, but just do not want to add the name, this is fine up until final payment. You just put TBA, TBA as the name. You do have to put an a fake birthdate on occasion, but otherwise RCI will allow To Be Announced doubles.

If this turns into a solo, you then call and have them return the 2nd passengers 'Fees and Taxes' and have paid the same as you would with a 200% solo rate.

If the lifeboat capacity has been met for that particular section of the ship than you will not be able to book a 2nd passenger. It would be better to book a 2nd passenger now even if down the road you have to change the name of that person or omitted the 2nd passenger all together

If you choose to book as a single in anticipation of adding a 2nd passenger at a later date whether or not RCCL will re-price the entire cruise depends on the terms and conditions of the initial booking.

• Best scenario no change in per person rate other than adding Taxes and Port Charges for the 2nd passenger.
  • Worst case scenario RCCL may say that the booking has to be re-priced at current published rates which may be higher than the original booking.

Better off booking that person (any name) now and then cancelling them if they can't go

I did this two weeks ago. I was originally planning a solo cruise but decided a week later to call and add a cabin mate. The sale I originally took advantage of was over and there was a similar one in place, so the only difference I paid was for the prepaid gratuities, taxes, and insurance for the 2nd passenger. It increased my bill by a little over $100.00. However, I'm not sure if this helps you as you mentioned that you might do this a few months down the line.

I spoke with someone at Crown&Anchor this morning. I was inquiring about applying an open booking certificate to a cruise I just put on hold. The cruise isn't until 10/16. My open booking shows TBA for Guest #2. She told me I could just add the 2nd guest at final payment and I did not need to pay an additional deposit now. The cruise would not be repriced when I add Guest #2.

Sure better than having to put down $450x2.

Just be sure it shows TBA on your booking, even if you don't add another person later.

Edited by Little Buddy's Mom

While this was clear in the past and RCI would take the rate that you paid at time of booking and then take that same rate as the base fare and add the second passenger at this same fare, this is not always as clear today.

They have started more frequently re-pricing for C&A issues and may do so with solos as well. I hope not. For Example, if you move up to a higher C&A level and want to apply the new discount, they do a new booking now to apply this.

If you know you are going to be having someone join you, but just do not want to add the name, this is fine up until final payment. You just put TBA, TBA as the name. You do have to put an a fake birthdate on occasion, but otherwise RCI will allow To Be Announced doubles.

If this turns into a solo, you then call and have them return the 2nd passengers 'Fees and Taxes' and have paid the same as you would with a 200% solo rate.

All great information! Thanks, everyone. I think I will book for two "TBA" and make up a birth date. Am so afraid the prices will go up as this will be for Harmony's TA. I am calling today!!

My situation a year ago, DH didn't want to go on the 7 day Coastal with our long awaited 54 day Australia trip coming up. About 3 months later a lady friend wanted to go and would have been her first cruise. I was going regardless then it turned out she couldn't make it due to medical issues that came up so I went solo anyway.:) DH asked if I wanted to find someone else and I said not really, unless he wanted to go.

Edited by Desert Cruizers