Latest time I can get off ship

My family and I are cruising on Vision out of Barcelona in May. Our flight departs at 1.35pm so we would check in around 11.30. The airport is less than half an hour away from the port.

Ideally I would like to go from ship to the airport given the timings.

Does anyone know what the latest time we can get off the ship and would we need to do self disembarkation to get off at this time.

If we end up having to get to the airport earlier than our check in, does anyone know if Terminal 2 has somewhere we can grab a bite to eat while we wait for check in to open.

You will likely need to leave the ship before 10am....that's about the latest, since there will be a whole new batch of cruisers waiting to get on the ship! You will not need to do self-disembarkation. Leave your bags out, and pick them up when you leave the ship...they will be there waiting for you!

Sorry...can't help with the airline terminal! Breakfast on the last morning is earlier than normal...just so you know!!

You will need to be completely out of your cabin by 9, maybe earlier. They have to turn those cabins around. You can ask for the latest tag. You'll be assigned an area on the ship to wait for your luggage number to be called.

Edited by Trekker954

Thanks both, if it's 9 then we will just have to hang around at the airport till check in then.

I do not know how Barcelona's airport handles this, or what airline you are using and what their rules are, but here most airlines let you check in either three or four hours before your scheduled flight time. (I think that more are 4 than are 3, but I can't verify that statistically. ;) )

My family and I are cruising on Vision out of Barcelona in May. Our flight departs at 1.35pm so we would check in around 11.30. The airport is less than half an hour away from the port.

Does anyone know what the latest time we can get off the ship and would we need to do self disembarkation to get off at this time.

If we end up having to get to the airport earlier than our check in, does anyone know if Terminal 2 has somewhere we can grab a bite to eat while we wait for check in to open.

Even if you get off at 9 am, by the time you queue up to get off, collect luggage get through customs etc and find a taxi I doubt you would be at airport before 10am.

By then the check in will be open for sure. I would check in and then eat once inside., and not have the stress of rushing in case I get held up somewhere along the way:)

You'll be better off spending any extra time at the airport. Breakfast is EARLY, and they need, not want, but need you out of the cabin as early as possible to complete getting the rooms ready for the next passengers. Shops will be closed, including the 24/7 cafes. The halls where the cabins are will be bustling with the crew, full of bags of the dirty linens, vacuum cleaners, etc. If you go to the airport, you can check your bags in, and at least sit and have a leisurely cup of coffee or drink. On the last morning, the ship is not geared for anything that includes the word "leisurely."

Which airline are you flying? Therre are two terminals at Barcelona - one is new and great, lots of shops, restaurants and bars etc, the other is old and not as nice.

Just noticed you said T2 - this is the old terminal, used for budget carriers, so will have less interesting this to do. I'd leave it as late as poosible to get off the ship!

Not sure what day you're arriving but traffic in Barcelona can be bad of it's during the week.

Edited by Donsyb
Extra info

Which airline are you flying? Therre are two terminals at Barcelona - one is new and great, lots of shops, restaurants and bars etc, the other is old and not as nice.

Just noticed you said T2 - this is the old terminal, used for budget carriers, so will have less interesting this to do. I'd leave it as late as poosible to get off the ship!

Not sure what day you're arriving but traffic in Barcelona can be bad of it's during the week.

It's a budget airline Ryanair so T2 it is :rolleyes: Will just have to hope there is a coffee shop. We are travelling home on a Saturday so hopefully traffic won't be too bad.

I understand why we need to get off before 10, after all I will be keen to get on the ship at the start of the holiday.