Freedom Of the Seas JS vs Balcony?

hello,

We r cruising on FOS in august and have a balcony room booked but we have been up in the air about upgrading to a JS. Any thoughts or comments about it?? currently its a bout 700 more total to upgrade. Thanks

Kevin

I would always prefer a Junior Suite over a D balcony cabin, but it really does depend on the math.

It's not "just" the $700 total (or $50 per person per day, as I like to calculate it). It's how much you were ALREADY paying.

So, consider that.

:)

I would always prefer a Junior Suite over a D balcony cabin, but it really does depend on the math.

It's not "just" the $700 total (or $50 per person per day, as I like to calculate it). It's how much you were ALREADY paying.

So, consider that.

I'm paying 1981 fir the balconyy and the js is 2670.

Money is such a relative thing. What is a ton of money to someone is peanuts to someone else. For that amount of money, I would stick with the balcony. When I cruise, I am never in my room, as we are out enjoying the ports and the ship. That extra money would come in handy for excursions, the precruise hotel, etc.

It is truly a decision as to whether you have this disposable income or not. No one else should even have a vote.

Money is such a relative thing. What is a ton of money to someone is peanuts to someone else. For that amount of money, I would stick with the balcony. When I cruise, I am never in my room, as we are out enjoying the ports and the ship. That extra money would come in handy for excursions, the precruise hotel, etc.

It is truly a decision as to whether you have this disposable income or not. No one else should even have a vote.

i don't really want it to be about money. more of an opinion if its that much better to go with a JS over a balcony.

If it were me and the difference was $350pp for the upgrade, I would do it. That is about the top out for me though. JS Cabin is 1 1/2 times bigger than a D balcony, you have the big walk in closet, and you get double points. We're doing a B2B on the Freedom starting Sunday and staying in a D2 balcony the 1st leg & a JS the 2nd leg. JS price on the 1st leg never got down enough to justify the upgrade.

Tim

Edit: Plus you get a bath tub instead of a shower.

Edited by cruisin4kicks

If it were me and the difference was $350pp for the upgrade, I would do it. That is about the top out for me though. JS Cabin is 1 1/2 times bigger than a D balcony, you have the big walk in closet, and you get double points. We're doing a B2B on the Freedom starting Sunday and staying in a D2 balcony the 1st leg & a JS the 2nd leg. JS price on the 1st leg never got down enough to justify the upgrade.

Tim

thanks for the response, eastern caribbean?

West this Sunday and then east the following Sunday (Easter Sunday)

Tim

if u can post the compass for the eastern caribbean that would be greatly appreciated. we are trying to figure out when the formal nights are. thanks

if u can post the compass for the eastern caribbean that would be greatly appreciated. we are trying to figure out when the formal nights are. thanks

I've already asked that question.....current Eastern formal nights are Monday (Coco Cay) and Friday (sea day)....

Edited by Capt_Confusion

Do you find yourself cramped in a balcony and really wishing you had more room? In that case the JS upgrade might be worth it.

We did it once and frankly found ourselves with a large open space of carpet that really didn't add any value.

We are usually a little "tight" but now we had way more room than we needed and didn't really feel it was worth paying for.

The value really depends on how much it means to you to have the extra square footage :)

We usually sail balconies but last August, the we booked after final only to have the price drop again about 3 weeks later by more than $250/pp. I was not happy to say the least.

Ended up upgrading to connecting JS for $100/pp. At that price, I was happy, as the JS price never got that low again.

We loved the space and the balcony, but for my mom, the high side to the tub/shower was a bit much for her. She's asked me to stay in the balcony cabin this coming August. My boys are in their own cabin, so for the 2 of us, the balcony cabin is fine. I love the JS, but for $350/pp more, I might not do it.

So, consider that.

I like that logic. Keep watching the fares, if it drops that extra money may be less.

A JS is more like a hotel room, sizewise....very comfortable! And, the bathroom is a tad larger, because there is a tub/shower combo, instead of just the small shower. Walkin closet, too! So nice!

Edited by cb at sea