Spring Break Lesson Learned

Go to tripsmarter dot com and look up spring break dates. Lists spring breaks by week and college and number of students. march 16 week has 1,908,360!!!!!:eek:

Great site, thanks! April 4 is looking okay :)

So now you are the person who is telling people what to do with their lives..Interesting.. Ever see a Naval ship come into port after a long deployment? Do you realize there are people , young and old getting drunk and acting stupid on every cruise...thanks for being the MORAL COMPASS

So it's OK for you to tell people what to do with their lives.:rolleyes:

" If you allow them to influence your trip, thats on you."

been there, done that MET MY HUSBAND IN PORT. newsflash.. 98% of the crew are mature individuals who have no need to get stupid drunk. just like 98% of cruise ship pax are respectful of everyone around them and have no need to act like morons.

Thank you for your post. What a bur is up with his now non drinking AA behind is beyond me. I thought hell had no fury of that of the reformed smoker... proved me wrong, up and down. What generalizations about ones behavour!i

"What generalizations about ones behavour!i"

Nimbex, let me get this straight...are you complaining about generalizations people are making about other people's behavior? Or maybe I'm reading you wrong so please feel free to clarify. Because from what I read:

a)this entire thread topic is about generalizations about people's (spring breakers) behavior so that kind of post would seem right on topic and

b)the point of the poster you quoted IS that you shouldn't generalize a groups behavior because it happens in many other groups. SO are you just violently agreeing with them?

Am I reading your logic wrong and what does it have to do with the thread topic of spring breakers and their behavior being either unacceptable or predicitible and thus when to plan a cruise?

I think we are learning that spring break cruises are hit and miss for spring breaker behavior being over the top, but some bad behavior by a minority of all types and categories of pax is to be expected. My take away having just come off a 5 day cruise with no issues on LOS is that I WILL do a search for any trip promotions trying to sell the entire boat out for spring breakers as that's almost certainly going to be more rowdy.

We foolishly decided to book a Caribbean cruise while we were freezing during a really cold, snowy spell one day in November. I particularly wanted to go to Grand Cayman to stock up on Tortuga Rum which is the reason we booked the Vision leaving Tampa 3/14/15. Whoa, I didn't realize there would be a bunch of college kids on spring break (our kids our 37 and 39 and we have no grandkids so haven't paid attention to school in years). After discussion with the cabin stewards on our deck I learned that they hated March and April because of spring break. There are 4 kids to a room and I guess the rooms are just nasty when they leave. Deck 10 had to be washed off every evening because they spilled so many drinks on the walking track it was almost impossible to use without your shoes sticking to the deck.

One of our stops was in Belize. That's a 40+ minute tender ride. Coming back to the ship at the end of the day, we were on a tender with a group of college boys that had been drinking heavily during the day and decided their fight song needed to be sung at the top of their lungs. They were asked to please quiet down since there were elderly and small children on the boat - they didn't listen. The crew then asked them to quiet down - they got louder. They were screaming the "f" word and there were small children sitting back to back to them. I have never seen so many rude and disrespectful young people.

Fortunately we were mostly able to stay away from them (since they said the Solarium was for old people and wouldn't go in there!!!) and did have a good time on the cruise! And I was able to get my Tortuga rum home in my checked luggage (with a little help from bubble wrap, tape, and two gallon zip lock bags) fully intact!

It does stink that others can't show their age(College kids are old enough) and know that swearing around children after being asked to calm down is inexcusable!

The crew should have reported the offenders to security and had them put off ship! Watching them cry while trying to figure out how'd they get home would have been entertaining!:D

It does stink that others can't show their age(College kids are old enough) and know that swearing around children after being asked to calm down is inexcusable!

The crew should have reported the offenders to security and had them put off ship! Watching them cry while trying to figure out how'd they get home would have been entertaining!:D

Agreed 100% ... loud is one thing .. offensive language is another .. esp when they stepped it up after they were asked to tone it down ...

We were on Enchantment (2/27 sailing) and went into it kinda expecting rowdy college kids but we were pretty lucky .. the only day I noticed them acting up was Coco Cay day .. not on the island but we were already back on the ship relaxing in the cabin when all of a sudden we heard all this yelling and screaming and whooping outside .... it was a tender full of these fools coming back to the ship screaming and chanting "..POOL PARRRRTY .. POOL PARRRRTY .....POOL PARRRRTY ....." ...and the rest of the normal people stuck on that tender with them did not look happy at all having to put up with it on the ride back to the ship !

We were sure to avoid the pool deck for the next few hours tho ! LOL

Was on the same cruise as the OP and the first day or so were pretty bad. My daughter was telling me some guy was bragging to her that he was already drunk by 8am. And I heard that one of the college kids would get a drink package... and then they would all share it! Doubt RC made much profit that week!

After the second day tho, they seemed to either blend in or maybe were all just sick in their rooms!

I did hear from others about the tender situation tho. Mine was fine and quiet but sounds like the one the OP was on was anything but!

The last sea day, there was a dance party on the deck, and staff were hosing them down from Deck 10... it looked like a blast.

I think it was a lot less chaotic than it could have been.. but I would probably not chose to go during spring break week if I had an option. Sadly, I didnt... since it was my daughters spring break week herself! But she is in grad school and beyond all that.. thank heavens!

I agree with you that is why we would never cruise in March/April. My parents told me once about how wild people where and that is not the type of stuff DW and I are used too. Ive cruised in January and Feb as well and it has never been that bad. But now we like May perfect time

Did and 8 day cruise during spring break last year. When we were at Coco Cay, there was another ship, Enchantment maybe, that was a 4 day cruise. Heard there were far more college kids on the shorter cruise which is typical. Also, "heard" the other cruise was rowdier. Didn't see any acting up on the ship I was on, they all just looked like they were having a good time.:)