How do I get an upgrade

Wyominggirl

I'm sailing in May 2015 with Celebrity, final payment already made. I just found the price for my C3 cabin has gone down $1000.00 pp.. Any way to get an upgrade, TA and cruise line says sorry, nothing we can do. I'm doing a back to back to back and feeling screwed!

I'm sailing in May 2015 with Celebrity, final payment already made. I just found the price for my C3 cabin has gone down $1000.00 pp.. Any way to get an upgrade, TA and cruise line says sorry, nothing we can do. I'm doing a back to back to back and feeling screwed!

You can check and see if there are categories C2 and above available. You can pay an extra fare rate for a higher category.

First, you are not screwed. Your got what you paid for and agreed to when you booked. Prices on a lot of things change as time goes on and some allow cancel and re-do and some don't. As to upgrading, everything I have heard on these boards suggests that you can move to a higher level category post-final payment provided (and this is the key point) you are moving into a category where you will have to pay some amount of additional $$. You cannot just bump yourself up. I am not a big business supporter by any means in general, but reasonability needs to be applied. If everyone were able to do as you suggest after final payment then it would be chaos - either they would be changing cabins all over the place, or people would just wait until after final payment to book in the first place (which would then change the whole dynamic, and the game goes on).

Celebrity drops prices if cabins are not selling, and raises them if they are. Supply and demand. On many cabins, prices after final payment rises. Are you equally willing to pay a higher price if that happens? I doubt it.

If all else fails eat more to recoup the different. :D

I think we have all have all expereinced your pain but We have also benefitted by booking early. It is a situation that can't be avoided unless you are very flexible and are only interested in cruising when there is what you consider a fantastic deal.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The rules are the rules (usually) and you are allowed to upgrade if the cost of the new cabin is at least $1 more than you've already paid. Current price of the cabin you've booked has no relevance.

As far as the $1000 price difference, does the current lower price include any/all the perks as what you booked? Generally, last minute prices don't include 1 or 2 or 3 or anything else.

Next time you book, BTW, book a C2 for the price of a C3 (captain's club perk...but must be requested at time of booking).

Edited by ghstudio

The only option I'm aware of is an upsell. Pick a higher category, and as long as it is more than you paid, even a couple of dollars, you should be able to do so.

Actually, category doesn't matter....the new cabin just has to be at least $1 more than you've already paid.