Cooking oil used on the royal

happytovacation

Since my granddaughter has a nut allergy. Can any tell me (i know it's kinda of a crazy question) dothey cook french fries etc. With regular oil, vegetable or canola. I'm just concerned if we are not aware of it first hand it could spell real trouble.

I don't know if anyone out there knows the answer to my question?

Thank you

Since my granddaughter has a nut allergy. Can any tell me (i know it's kinda of a crazy question) dothey cook french fries etc. With regular oil, vegetable or canola. I'm just concerned if we are not aware of it first hand it could spell real trouble.

Thank you

You should contact "customer relations" on that one, explaining the situation completely. :confused: ;)

Their email address is,

<theiden@princesscruises.com>

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

Hi

DH has nut allergy. Princess cook everything in a separate area of the kitchen . If you make them aware before hand then the head waiter will sort you out. You may need to order a day ahead if you are on fixed dining but it's worth it for the peace of mind. Don't forget to let the Shorex desk know if you have tours booked so they can warn venues in advance if there are meals / snacks provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you

This info needs to be added to your booking.

Thank you

A friend with a severe nut allergy is travelling with us next year and princess would like us to do Traditional dining. I guess so the can be better prepared.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A friend with a severe nut allergy is travelling with us next year and princess would like us to do Traditional dining. I guess so the can be better prepared.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That makes sense. They'll know when and where you'll be eating. Easier for the staff to keep track of where the special meals need to go..

Thank You I just shot an email to the Customer Relation's department. I'll

let you all know what they say once they get back to me.

It may help others who are facing the same situation.

Thanks Again

I did put this on her Princess paperwork but with over 3,000 people how are

they going to monitor this allergy..She will be going to the kids club and we

intend to notify them as well.

Thank You I just shot an email to the Customer Relation's department. I'll

let you all know what they say once they get back to me.

It may help others who are facing the same situation.

Thanks Again

I did put this on her Princess paperwork but with over 3,000 people how are

they going to monitor this allergy..She will be going to the kids club and we

intend to notify them as well.

I think there is an area in the Personalizer when you sign in that you can add a comment too.

And talk to the head waiter/MD in your DR as well

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No problem using Anytime dining or also going to specialty restaurants.

In the dining room speak with your headwaiter. If in anytime, use the same dining room each evening so you will have access to the same headwaiter.

The headwaiter will bring the next day's menus (B,L,D) and work with you to select dishes that will meet your special needs or to see which dishes can be modified to meet those needs.

The selections will be kept by cabin number, so if you are in Anytime, just tell the waitstaff that the menu has been arranged and the cabin number. Also ask the wait staff to have the headwaiter (tell them his name) see you again to plan the next day.

If you want to go to specialty dining, see the headwaiter there a day in advance.

To safely eat at the buffet, seek out the a headwaiter there when you want to eat. Do not depend on others there to properly help you with these special needs.

I'm virtually certain that it's either soybean or canola; I've seen threads about it and I am pretty sure that's what I'm smelling as I walk by.

A discussion onboard with the maitre d' or headwaiter can get the appropriate kitchen management involved quite effectively.

Thank you

Might be best and safe to skip those fries!

Thank you

You MUST speak with the maitre d' and he/she will answer all your questions and make sure that all food you get for her is just right. Please don't rely on other staff as well intentioned as they all are. This is the maitre d's role and responsibility, and they will gladly help you. They will help you pick the right food for each dinner and customize all food as needed at no extra cost. For an allergy, there is no room for error, especially out on the ocean. Therefore I cannot over emphasize contact the maitre d' in either main dining room straightaway on day one.

You MUST speak with the maitre d' and he/she will answer all your questions and make sure that all food you get for her is just right. Please don't rely on other staff as well intentioned as they all are. This is the maitre d's role and responsibility, and they will gladly help you. They will help you pick the right food for each dinner and customize all food as needed at no extra cost. For an allergy, there is no room for error, especially out on the ocean. Therefore I cannot over emphasize contact the maitre d' in either main dining room straightaway on day one.

Although you may speak with the Maitre'd, he is usually not in all three dining rooms and he will pass you off to a headwaiter if you do see him.

Although you may speak with the Maitre'd, he is usually not in all three dining rooms and he will pass you off to a headwaiter if you do see him.

That may be, but you are instructed by Princess to see the Maitre d' and that is what is indicated on the Princess web site in the dining FAQs. They may refer you to the head waiter but it is best to follow appropriate lines of authority.

That may be, but you are instructed by Princess to see the Maitre d' and that is what is indicated on the Princess web site in the dining FAQs. They may refer you to the head waiter but it is best to follow appropriate lines of authority.

As printed on the onboard Princess menus:

891113%20224%2011.13.14%20Dinner%20menu%20-%20day%203%20-%20part%201%20DSC02928_zpsrdgotfu5.jpg

No problem using Anytime dining or also going to specialty restaurants.

In the dining room speak with your headwaiter. If in anytime, use the same dining room each evening so you will have access to the same headwaiter.

The headwaiter will bring the next day's menus (B,L,D) and work with you to select dishes that will meet your special needs or to see which dishes can be modified to meet those needs.

The selections will be kept by cabin number, so if you are in Anytime, just tell the waitstaff that the menu has been arranged and the cabin number. Also ask the wait staff to have the headwaiter (tell them his name) see you again to plan the next day.

If you want to go to specialty dining, see the headwaiter there a day in advance.

To safely eat at the buffet, seek out the a headwaiter there when you want to eat. Do not depend on others there to properly help you with these special needs.

Thanks Caribill.

My friend has an epi-pen level nut allergy so we'll be doing whatever Princess requires to keep her food totally nut free. I don't think we'll be eating at the buffet but we'll certainly check with the Head waiter on day one to confirm what we've learnt so far.

Since I'm one of those people who loves ANYTHING cooked by someone else I don't mind where we eat!

Thanks Caribill.

My friend has an epi-pen level nut allergy so we'll be doing whatever Princess requires to keep her food totally nut free. I don't think we'll be eating at the buffet but we'll certainly check with the Head waiter on day one to confirm what we've learnt so far.

Only reason I mentioned the buffet is that the dining room is only open for lunch on sea days, not on days you will be at a port at lunchtime.

My husband has a mushroom allergy and my daughter has a banana (epi-pen needed) allergy. For eating in the buffet for lunch, you will have the option (per the head waiter in the MDR), of ordering the night before what you might wish to eat for lunch the next day. It will be prepared for you and when you enter the buffet, notify one of the supervisory wait staff (in white shirts with black pants). Your meal will be brought up for you.

It will take a while, but you will be safe from any unwanted ingredients.

On embarkation day, when you enter the buffet for lunch, speak to one of the supervisory wait staff about any allergies. The supervisor will checked with the chef in charge of the buffet area and either the chef or the supervisor will personally point out the dishes to not eat or you will be told there is no problem with any of the offerings.