Hotels Downtown Seattle

twokids0204

The cruise season in Seattle is a very short one, and brings thousands of people to our city that wouldn't normally visit. The rates will not go down. This is when our city makes a lot of money.

If you are looking for something less expensive, you might want to look at the airport or around the Seattle Center.

Lots of threads on hotels in those areas.

If you want budget friendly, stay near the airport and commute by Light Rail. Most airport hotels have a free shuttle to/from the airport, which is where you will pick up the LightRail. The major chains are out there.

I can't imagine that downtown prices will drop. The Seattle Center/Queen Anne area is somewhat less expensive than downtown, or the try Lake Union area. But even so, a room for 2 adults/2 kids will be around $350. Don't get hung up on being close to Pier 66 ... Seattle itself is quite small so if end up near Queen Anne/Seattle Center a taxi to pier 66 will only be $15-$20. And you're in walking distance to the monorail to easily get downtown.

Thanks...

If I stay near the airport, how long will it take to get to the pier Saturday Morning? If by rail and cab?

By cab - around 30 min. door to door, around $45 - $50 for two.

By rail + cab - Guess 10 min. hotel to airport, 10 min. walk to train station, 10 min. wait for train, 40 min. train to downtown, 10 min. wait for cab, 10 min. cab to pier, total ~90 min. Fare $2.75 pp on train, est. $10 for taxi, total ~$16 for two.

Last time we stayed at the airport and used the light rail they dropped us across the street from the station instead of taking us back to the airport. Much more convenient than having to walk back through the airport parking garage.

Our summer season looks unusually bad this year in terms of hotel prices; the travel people at my firm are freaking out.

Seattle's downtown is barely a mile wide and about three miles long, so there aren't any horrible locations. I would tend to suggest Seattle Center/South Lake Union (Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard, Silver Cloud) as they tend to be more reasonable and aren't so far off the grid that you can't enjoy the sights.

Thanks...

If I stay near the airport, how long will it take to get to the pier Saturday Morning? If by rail and cab?

If you stay at an airport hotel that partners with Seattle Express, the shuttle to pier 66 will around $12 pp.

http://www.flatrateforhire.com or http://www.eastsideforhire.com currently charges $29 from airport to downtown. That would be for a Prius; if there are 4 of you a larger car will be $6-$7 more.

Call to verify the price.

Edited by mapleleaves

• 3 weeks later...
Our summer season looks unusually bad this year in terms of hotel prices; the travel people at my firm are freaking out.

Seattle's downtown is barely a mile wide and about three miles long, so there aren't any horrible locations. I would tend to suggest Seattle Center/South Lake Union (Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard, Silver Cloud) as they tend to be more reasonable and aren't so far off the grid that you can't enjoy the sights.

I agree with VibeGuy, there is also a Hampton Inn. Seattle traffic can get ridiculous, so a 30 min drive can turn into twice or more of that. Besides, the Seatac Hwy 99 area is not the safest place to stay. You can take the historic monorail from Seattle Center/Space Needle to a few blocks to Pike Place Market.

I agree with VibeGuy, there is also a Hampton Inn. Seattle traffic can get ridiculous, so a 30 min drive can turn into twice or more of that. Besides, the Seatac Hwy 99 area is not the safest place to stay. You can take the historic monorail from Seattle Center/Space Needle to a few blocks to Pike Place Market.

I've lived in SeaTac for sixteen years, and I have to say, the safety concerns about most of this area are somewhat exaggerated. I wouldn't recommend staying on Hwy 99/International Boulevard north of Hwy 518, but the areas south of there are pretty much okay. I wouldn't go for an unnecessary midnight stroll there, but walking to a nearby bus stop or restaurant in daylight hours shouldn't be a problem (I do it frequently). And you certainly shouldn't have to worry about your safety in the hotels in this area, any more than you do in any hotel in a big city. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Exactly. I don't mind walking around there at midnight. It's not 1981 and I'm not an attractive young blond working woman. I agree about the bounding box, with perhaps the exception of the light rail station, am/pm and McDs just across the highway, and wouldn't hesitate to walk as far south as the Holiday Inn Express or so, at any hour.

Actually, with the stuff I've been hearing lately about robberies around Westlake Center, I might just prefer to take my chances down here on International Boulevard! :eek:

Wherever you are, pay attention to your surroundings, keep a good grip on your valuables, and don't flash them around for the world to see! Not making yourself an easy target will go a long way toward keeping you safe.

What is the Best Western Loyal Inn like as far as location and things to do in that area?

What is the Best Western Loyal Inn like as far as location and things to do in that area?

It's an older four-floor property about two blocks from the Hyatt Place and maybe five or six blocks from the Westin or Warwick. I have not been in the guest rooms in the last ten years so I don't feel comfortable commenting about the rooms, but location-wise, it's certainly a pretty flat walk to most tourist attractions, shopping and dining in downtown.

It's an older four-floor property about two blocks from the Hyatt Place and maybe five or six blocks from the Westin or Warwick. I have not been in the guest rooms in the last ten years so I don't feel comfortable commenting about the rooms, but location-wise, it's certainly a pretty flat walk to most tourist attractions, shopping and dining in downtown.

Thanks that is what I was looking for is location to dining and attractions. :)

I know this has been asked a million times... but I am looking for a hotel in downtown Seattle near Pier 66, but the prices are ridiculous.

Do they generally drop as the date gets closer, I am looking for the end of August.

I am coming into Seattle at the end of May and I found The Moore Hotel, which is a few blocks from the Westlake Station and Pike Place. Rates are based on occupancy but, I found it less expensive than anyone else. For 2 people it's about $140. a night.

I am coming into Seattle at the end of May and I found The Moore Hotel, which is a few blocks from the Westlake Station and Pike Place. Rates are based on occupancy but, I found it less expensive than anyone else. For 2 people it's about $140. a night.

And if you're on a low floor during a concert in the Moore Theater right underneath your room, free entertainment at midnight!