Have some 2016 prices

moki'smommy

In my mind, over $250 per person per night for an inside cabin is very high. Much more than we typically pay on DCL cruises. Yes, it is the first time these cruises have been offered, but still high in my mind. And the costs are in the cruise fare portion of the tickets, not in high port charges or taxes.

We have balcony cabins booked for 2015. Not even a consideration for us for 2016! The sad thing is that I've read predictions that these 2 dates will likely sell out today...and I tend to agree with these speculations.

Edited by moki'smommy

Got a couple more for June 5. Are you sitting down?

$68' date='000 - Cat R, 2BR Suite for 5

$34,000 - Cat T, 1BR Suite for 2[/quote']

That is unreal! I mean really? Why does DCL have to be so freaking high? Do they not think they won't sell if their cruises are a tad bit reasonable?

Geez!

And day 1 Fantasy prices for 2016 are higher than current Fantasy prices for 2015. I don't get it.

I put holds on a couple of 2016 cruises but I'm seriously considering whether to just release them now or pay the deposit and likely release them later. These really seem too rich for my blood!

I wonder if some of these prices are higher than usual to try to sell the earlier trips that maybe have not gone so well. For instance, if the cruise I want is higher in May than a similar version in April, I will fall back to April. I had been under the impression that Spring break would be higher, but maybe not!

Got a couple more for June 5. Are you sitting down?

$68' date='000 - Cat R, 2BR Suite for 5

$34,000 - Cat T, 1BR Suite for 2[/quote']

We probably have to sell our house to afford this! lol!! :D

Thanks for the info.

Do you have any info about cheapest inside for the Med and Greek Isles? Thanks!

Wow, these prices are incredibly expensive. After adding in airfare, excursions, it is a down payment on a house! My family is planning a British Isle cruise for 2017, but it will be with a different cruiseline at these prices.

Category 9A for 3 for the special England,Scotland cruise $12,000.

Will the Disney Magic sail empty with these prices next year? I spoke to our travel agent and he told me that the prices are already increasing while he booked for us. Is that realistic? We will be at the Baltic cruise this coming July 10 and booked this cruise when it was released for Gold and Platinum members. Prices now are $7000 more than the original one. I did notice too that more rooms have opened as they were not available 2 months ago.

Edited by ivrier

Just WOW. This is unreal!

June 5 12 night 2 adults inside cabin 11A $6970

June 17 12 night Dover to Copenhagen 2 adults 11A $6566

Am I missing something? I'm still only seeing cruises up to April 2016. How are you getting prices past this?

And yeah...Disney has always been $$$ but that's getting ridiculous. The average family cannot afford that...especially when you add on air fare.

Platinum and gold CC members can call and book/get prices on the phone today. The website supposedly opens tomorrow for everyone else. The prices are coming from those that have called then reported back to the rest of us.

Other forums have more info. The gist is that they prices are significantly higher this year, and that the British Isles cruise, despite that, is 60% booked already.

Crazy.

For those prices, I can do Adventures by Disney. Or buy a car. :)

Platinum and gold CC members can call and book/get prices on the phone today. The website supposedly opens tomorrow for everyone else. The prices are coming from those that have called then reported back to the rest of us.

Other forums have more info. The gist is that they prices are significantly higher this year, and that the British Isles cruise, despite that, is 60% booked already.

Crazy.

For those prices, I can do Adventures by Disney. Or buy a car. :)

Ah ok...thanks for explaining. Am interested in seeing once they open up publically on the website. What a shame that it's getting so expensive. If you see my signature, we already decided on RCL over DCL for next April and the deciding factor was the price. So sounds like it'll be even worse.

Yes, but that 60% full for some cruises is NOT an accurate number. That reflects those of us who grabbed it when it first came out "because we could," and have not yet paid the deposit. I'd imagine that some people are having discussions with spouses, etc. Some (like me) do not have a firm school schedule yet and will hold onto the reservation for now till I see whether it will work or not. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see people drop out as the penalty dates near. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I booked 2 spring 2015 cruises. Both were "sold out" a month before the penalty date, and both now have openings--at a price more than double what I booked for. Some of those spring/summer 2015s are now showing *GT rates, but still not as low as my original booking.

Just booked for June 17, 2016 12-day cruise Cat 5C for 3 adults and a 10-year old child for $14,336.16 and that was with the 10% OBC from a ghost reservation. I would say that this price is comparable to our Baltic July 10, 2015 cruise at a Cat 5A.

I think if I were planning on going to Europe I would consider another cruise line. To me Europe is the fascination, I don't need Disney. I can savor Disney on any cruise going anywhere. Disney is the main attraction. In Europe I would be into so many other things.

I think if I were planning on going to Europe I would consider another cruise line. To me Europe is the fascination, I don't need Disney. I can savor Disney on any cruise going anywhere. Disney is the main attraction. In Europe I would be into so many other things.

I agree. We are planning a Med cruise for 2016 but we'll probably go with another cruise line. We'll spend most of our time in the ports so the ship is just secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, dont think I will booking the Greek isles on DCL. I am seeing insane prices for this on another site. RCL has a similar itinerary for about 8k for 2A, 2K in a balcony for around 8k. Will be looking elsewhere.