Tampa Bay Terminal is #1 in my book

Was VERY impressed when we arrived at Terminal 2 for embarkation on Vision. We arrived about 10:20 and were on the ship by 10:45. I barely had enough time to fill out my health form before it was time to get our pictures taken for our SeaPass cards. :)

We were #5 to leave the ship which was docked at Terminal 3. Our luggage was waiting for us; there were only two families ahead of us in the Customs line (all the Customs booths were manned); and we were the last two on a van to the airport which we found the minute we left the building.

When we boarded the Serenade in New Orleans in 2013 I said at that time that it was the best port we'd ever been in/out of. Then we boarded the Legend in Ft. Lauderdale in 2014 and I said it was the best port we'd ever boarded in. But let me tell you, Tampa Bay is now the front runner in my book! :D

But let me tell you, Tampa Bay is now the front runner in my book! :D

Shh! Let's just keep that our little secret. Don't tell everyone else or they might want to sail out of Tampa too and drive up the prices. :)

My one experience with this port in 2012 was a good one. The only delay was well handled. A couple got married on board before departure and there boarding caused everyone else a 20 minute delay.

Our one experience with Tampa was likewise - very efficient and well run. Getting into the terminal, check-in, boarding was all very quick and smooth; debarkation was similarly uneventful with only about a 5 minute wait for a taxi to the airport.