Things to do in Cozumel with a 4 year old

catlover29

This is primarily a beach port. Take a look at the facilities at Playa Mia, which may water toy options slightly better suited for younger children. Also look at Chankanaab National Park (and it's associated venue, Discover Mexico) where there are more historical and animal options as well as beach facilities.

For a low cost, low stress beach day check out Paradise Beach - taxi for the 3 of you will run about $16-17+tip each way (bring your own car seat) and the ride takes about 10-15 min. $5 admission/chair rental - great facilities, nice beach, HUGE pool, good food/drinks/service.

Playa Mia is an excellent choice for someone with a young child because they have the waterpark area for the little ones and it's pretty nice.

P5120139-L.jpg

P5120108-L.jpg

P5120141-L.jpg

P5120138-L.jpg

P5120123-L.jpg

P5120118-L.jpg

I have a complete review of our day there along with tons of other pictures of the place, listed in my signature line, if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

We have done paradise beach with our kids. Its the cheapest option. Its a nice beach with a nice freshwater pool.

I reviewed it in my signature

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Forums mobile app

Playa Mia looks amazing for 5 ear old boy!! But not cheap for 5 year old who won't eat much if getting buffet, $35 for a kid, 45 for adults.

Paradise looks real nice and it is cheap.

Mr. Sanchos looks fun too but again too much money to pay for a KID.

Not really basing decision on money, but just saying lol...

where would any of you choose if money not issue, out of the 3, with a 5 year old?

Playa Mia looks amazing for 5 ear old boy!! But not cheap for 5 year old who won't eat much if getting buffet, $35 for a kid, 45 for adults.

where would any of you choose if money not issue, out of the 3, with a 5 year old?

With a 5 year old it would definitely be Playa Mia. :)

Just checked out trip advisor for Playa Mia, some pretty bad reviews, mainly about the food, but other things wrong too, makes you wonder.

Aww, that sucks. We had a wonderful time the day we were there. I hate to hear that things are not as good now. It's a wonderful place to spend the day, especially with a little one. I do have to say that we did not purchase the tickets that included the "meal", which was a buffet meal. We did al la cart food when we went.

We will probably go here :) and not getting the "package" may be the way to go too. Thanks for your input. I hate buffets anyway :)

Aww, that sucks. We had a wonderful time the day we were there. I hate to hear that things are not as good now. It's a wonderful place to spend the day, especially with a little one. I do have to say that we did not purchase the tickets that included the "meal", which was a buffet meal. We did al la cart food when we went.

• 1 month later...

We are considering a family cruise to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. The vacationers would range from ages 5 - 78. I am mostly concerned about finding something that would be cost effective in Cozumel for those on the opposite end of the age spectrum.

All suggestions are appreciated.

We are considering a family cruise to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. The vacationers would range from ages 5 - 78. I am mostly concerned about finding something that would be cost effective in Cozumel for those on the opposite end of the age spectrum.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Playa Mia (for a package deal including food/drinks) with the kiddie water park and a nice beach or Paradise Beach for a pay-as-you-go option with great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, etc.