Anthem vs Quantum Questions

Hey all,

First off, sorry in advance if this has been discussed. I even used the search feature and couldn't find anything with what I'm looking for.

Considering our first ever trip on Royal and the Anthem 10/6/16 Canada/New England trip has caught our eye.

Are there any announced or planned differences between Quantum and Anthem? Obviously some artwork, colors, decor changes may take place but if I look at deck plans and virtual tours of Quantum am I seeing EXACTLY was is expected to be on Anthem? Or is there anything where it's "oh, well you see ABC on Quantum? That's actually going to be XYZ on Anthem."?

Really appreciate the feedback. We think this could be a great ship and itinerary to explore the line and just want to know how intimately familiar with Quantum we should become or if there's any more significant changes between the 2.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if this helps answer your question (or allows you to answer the question on your own) but pretty detailed deck plans are now available for Anthem showing all dining and entertainment venues, as well as stores.

You can see them near the bottom of this page: http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/quantum-class/meet-the-ship/

Not sure anyone will really be able to answer this until she sails next month.....

Have the deck plans/announcements not gone into that level of detail yet?

I'm thinking about how Oasis launched and then for Allure they said "This will actually be this, that will be something else, we're not bringing that back and instead we'll add one of these..."

Stuff like that isn't known yet?

Have the deck plans/announcements not gone into that level of detail yet?

I'm thinking about how Oasis launched and then for Allure they said "This will actually be this, that will be something else, we're not bringing that back and instead we'll add one of these..."

Stuff like that isn't known yet?

It definitely is know. It's on the Royal Caribbean website, as I linked to. At least on the UK website!

Haven't compared deck plans for Quantum and Anthem, but the info is there for those interested.

It definitely is know. It's on the Royal Caribbean website, as I linked to. At least on the UK website!

Haven't compared deck plans for Quantum and Anthem, but the info is there for those interested.

Thanks dst. I'll check it out and try to do the 2 plans side by side. Think it's because of the UK site and my IP address is in the US< but my browser is NOT happy on that link. May have to play with the US website more when I get home.

Coming into Hamburg, I saw the webcam image; but what ever it was, it was wrapped in dark brown cloth. No clue. Seems like it had two legs???:)

Just found a video. Appears to be an abstract sculpture or maybe the rock climbing wall? Best shots appear around the 1:40-2:00 mark

Edited by InTheWASide

Coming into Hamburg, I saw the webcam image; but what ever it was, it was wrapped in dark brown cloth. No clue. Seems like it had two legs???:)

Just found a video. Appears to be an abstract sculpture or maybe the rock climbing wall? Best shots appear around the 1:40-2:00 mark

That brown shape is the rock climbing wall.

Just booked anthem and all looks pretty similar. I guess there will be some tweaks. Biggest difference i found was we will rock you instead of mama mia.

Was a little concerned no park Cafe on Quantum but just found roast beef sandwiches in cafe 270 so all is well with the world.

Stu K

Just booked anthem and all looks pretty similar. I guess there will be some tweaks. Biggest difference i found was we will rock you instead of mama mia.

And I am SO looking forward to We Will Rock You. I've seen it before, and it's fab - really high energy and obviously great music.

I hope the on-board team do it justice!

I looked at the map of the Anthem on the link provided. It seems to be exactly the same layout as the Quantum except for some of the shops. I do hope they do something different with the decor. Although the color palette was pleasing to the eye, the actual artwork was a bit odd. The ship is surprisingly intimate for such a long vehicle. I think the fact that it is relatively narrow makes it feel more approachable. I loved the Two 70 venue for the food and the views as well as the shows. Overall I thought the Quantum was an amazing ship and I am sorry that it and the Ovation are going to the Asian market. I wish I had known more about the app for the ship earliker in the cruise and that all invites to things like the welcome back party would be on the TV as I missed things that I would have liekd to attend.

Edited by MommaBear55

I looked at the map of the Anthem on the link provided. It seems to be exactly the same layout as the Quantum except for some of the shops. I do hope they do something different with the decor. Although the color palette was pleasing to the eye, the actual artwork was a bit odd. The ship is surprisingly intimate for such a long vehicle. I think the fact that it is relatively narrow makes it feel more approachable. I loved the Two 70 venue for the food and the views as well as the shows. Overall I thought the Quantum was an amazing ship and I am sorry that it and the Ovation are going to the Asian market. I wish I had known more about the app for the ship earliker in the cruise and that all invites to things like the welcome back party would be on the TV as I missed things that I would have liekd to attend.

I had a chance to go side by side and flip between tabs and found the same. That and the "Jogging Track" is a "Running Track".

Will be interesting to see what the new art installation pieces look like. For my personal tastes, and yeah they obviously vary from person to person... Quantum was hit and miss for me

Well... you sort of got your wish...

To quote a senior cruise director from the competition... "Oh FFS!"

790.jpg

Unfortunately, when I mentioned a bright yellow giraffe, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. ;)

But seriously, I wish they would've still done a giraffe, but using the same artist and design as the bear on Quantum.