viking spirit cancelled

bobnpaml

nothing resolved, our customer service representative refused to let me speak with a supervisor, and suggested there was no executive level person I could speak to regarding my concern. It has been 1 weeks since our "Bus" tour of France and I really want to believe Viking cares about customer service but their actions suggest otherwise. My thanks to Cruise Critic for giving me an outlet to vent, unfortunately Viking holds most of the cards here but this is the one outlet they can't control. 4,750 individuals have already viewed this forum, that is powerful. Many thanks for everyone's support and advise. Enjoy your cruise Pam!

nothing resolved, our customer service representative refused to let me speak with a supervisor, and suggested there was no executive level person I could speak to regarding my concern. It has been 1 weeks since our "Bus" tour of France and I really want to believe Viking cares about customer service but their actions suggest otherwise. My thanks to Cruise Critic for giving me an outlet to vent, unfortunately Viking holds most of the cards here but this is the one outlet they can't control. 4,750 individuals have already viewed this forum, that is powerful. Many thanks for everyone's support and advise. Enjoy your cruise Pam!

Edward, did you email the link listed on post #42? In the past, whomever was on the other side of that link assisted Cruise Critic passenger issues to their satisfaction. Plus it is always best to document. Good luck.

Update: the AA refund has been posted to our credit cards. Came thru a lot quicker than Viking. That one is suppose to be here by end of next year. Who would have thought that.

Yes we will look at Paris by river cruise again. Just will do more background on the different lines before we choose.

EdwardM: I would be giving Viking a call at least once a day. Oh wait a minute that is exactly what we did. So call, call, call.

I have been truly blessed in my life. And I am very thankful.

Great news! Please don't give up on the Paris/Normandy river cruise. It is fabulous. Look into Avalon, very fair pricing, great tours.

Why don't you tell Chris Elliott about it! He is a consumer advocate. Google him and drop by his website!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to go on record saying that we were happy with the treatment received by Viking after our Viking Spirit Normandy cruise was canceled due to this accident. We got our cruise refund in two weeks, and also the reimbursement for our air fare, hotel deposit, and travel insurance costs via check in three weeks. There were no hassles; everyone at Viking we spoke to or emailed was extremely nice. I think that is excellent customer service and we will be rebooking our trip for a year from now.