Wait Listed

rid891

I just got reservation and it shows 8:30 My Time Wait Listed....what does this mean and should I be concerned?

My suggestion is once you board, go to the dining room and request a change in time. I've done MTD on Jewel and Serenade and had no issues requesting a different time. In fact, depending on the day, we were able to make daily time changes as a couple.

When you booked, did you request 8:30 seating for dinner? If so, and 8:30 is full, you were placed on the waitlist and placed in My Time in the meantime. They don't notify you when you come off the waitlist, so keep checking your reservation and you may eventually find it changed to 8:30. It will then state,"Traditional Dining 08:30 PM , No Waitlists".

Edited by guidinglight

How do you put yourself on a waitlist? I have MTD and the time I want is not available online.

If you log onto your my cruises account, you can go under preferences and requests, and hit modify. There you can see what you have, and there should be an option to go on waitless for what you want. Currently I have traditional dining 8:30 PM selected, however I have also clicked the waitlist for 6pm dining.

If you log onto your my cruises account, you can go under preferences and requests, and hit modify. There you can see what you have, and there should be an option to go on waitless for what you want. Currently I have traditional dining 8:30 PM selected, however I have also clicked the waitlist for 6pm dining.

I'm not seeing it. In "my cruise," when I select the purchase cruise option, I see MTD dot that you select. At the bottom of the page is "save." I've looked at my preference too but nothing says modify, just save the general selection of MTD vs Traditional.

I have never been "wait listed" ......until my last booking. I booked a Dec cruise (Slow season) and was told that only MTD was open. This has never happened and makes no sense. Booked a year out, most rooms still open and no room for two at 8:30? I been told to "wait a few months and keep checking back". "Your c&a status will resolve this. What the ...... is goin on now???

I have never been "wait listed" ......until my last booking. I booked a Dec cruise (Slow season) and was told that only MTD was open. This has never happened and makes no sense. Booked a year out, most rooms still open and no room for two at 8:30? I been told to "wait a few months and keep checking back". "Your c&a status will resolve this. What the ...... is goin on now???

Are you on Oasis class late in the year or next year? They are still saying "dynamic dining on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas has been postponed until later in the year" on their website. Maybe they don't want to let you pick a classic time until they decide whether they really will have traditional or dynamic dining classic instead.

Go to the Cruise Calendar for your reservation. Look at the daily dining option for MTD, and then choose 8:15pm if it's available. Reserve it for all days.

Thanks, but I still do not see a place where you can put yourself on a MTD waitlist for just one day. Over the past weeks, I managed to get all but one meal reserved. We are eating at different times based around activities. Please note that I do appreciate your input.

Thanks, but I still do not see a place where you can put yourself on a MTD waitlist for just one day. Over the past weeks, I managed to get all but one meal reserved. We are eating at different times based around activities. Please note that I do appreciate your input.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post, but I was suggesting you pick another time besides 8:30pm, and use your Cruise Calendar to do it. If you choose a time that's close to what you want, then you can change it later on, but if you don't choose one you might lose out on any later times completely.