It may seem trivial to some, but thanks Royal!

In light of several recent negative RC threads, I'm so glad to hear the flip side of the coin. We've had great customer service as well, both before the cruise and during. And not to hijack, but I've seen a few posts on this thread about dining requests and thought I'd share my experience. At the advice of another CC member before our last cruise, I emailed the dining staff and requested a certain area of the dining room. I didn't have a specific table # in mind but said where I preferred to sit and that I preferred a table for 2 (My Time Dining). We received an almost immediate reply confirming receipt of our request and assuring us they'd do everything possible to meet it. When we got to our cabin on Day 1 there was a message to come to the dining room and select our table. We did, and we had that table the rest of the cruise. What great service!

Edited by Sherri914

Thanks again, Royal, for the great customer service I received!

I agree with all that have stated what C&A level you are should not warrant getting better service. Glad you were treated well but:

I do have to add-for a lowly gold member [insert humor there] you were one of the few I have seen get a direct response on the message board from:

Royal Caribbean International user_offline.gif Miami, FL *verified

I think you proved some clout there!!! ;) LOL

Back to customer service. The few times I have needed them, service has been great from earlier in cruising times to current.

I also don't keep calling until I get the answer I want to hear as many here will tell you to do.

We had one major accounting gaff with Royal Caribbean that took weeks to get fixed but during that time, both their front line agents and Resolutions agents managed to keep me from unraveling. They did a great job. It also helped that they could see the mistake. They just had a tough time convincing accounting where they went wrong.

I am sure there are many stories to tell of great RCCL service and hope to hear more of them.

Mine, poor table mates, despite a good demographic hookup. We hit the reservations desk after the first dinner. Cruise was booked solid. Switched no problem, husband pushed a $20 bill to no avail. Pushed hard and insisted. The reply was repeatedly "my pleasure to serve you".

In previous posts I had insisted that the almighty $$ spoke... no on RCCL our experience has been... "my pleasure"... Some times I almost feel guilty asking... but yeah I do.

Finally to share and not hijack further... we had a rough crossing from the Mississippi river to the ocean with bad storms and couldn't eat our food after ordering at main dinning. Our waiter, on day one... had our requests sent to our room for us. Full dinning service laid out. insisted by him. we sure woke up and midnight and devoured our food and were so great full for the effort

I may book other lines, but I always come back to RCCL.

In light of several recent negative RC threads, I'm so glad to hear the flip side of the coin. We've had great customer service as well, both before the cruise and during. And not to hijack, but I've seen a few posts on this thread about dining requests and thought I'd share my experience. At the advice of another CC member before our last cruise, I emailed the dining staff and requested a certain area of the dining room. I didn't have a specific table # in mind but said where I preferred to sit and that I preferred a table for 2 (My Time Dining). We received an almost immediate reply confirming receipt of our request and assuring us they'd do everything possible to meet it. When we got to our cabin on Day 1 there was a message to come to the dining room and select our table. We did, and we had that table the rest of the cruise. What great service!

How exactly can you find a map of the dining rooms and table numbers? Is it online through RC? I am sailing on the Adventure in a few months and would love to try to request a specific table if it's possible.

I am just a lowly Gold level C&A member (this will be just our third on RCI), so figured I would probably be ignored with any problem or request I sent to Royal.

First, I sent an email to customer service due to a problem with my online account (not showing my reservation). Received email back the next day saying I must call C&A. I thought," oh boy, here we go with no help!". I dialed the number, selected the option, got the recorded "que", turned on the phone speaker and laid it down since I figured I would be holding a while. What? I didn't even have time to lay the phone down completely before I had a rep on the line. I must say this young lady I spoke with was of utmost politeness, walked me through the problem, and I was off the phone in a matter of 5 minutes, after she confirmed there was nothing else with which I needed her assistance.

Secondly, just a couple of days ago I sent an email to dining requesting a special table assignment. Knowing I only carry a lowly "gold" status, and seeing some other posts, I felt certain I would never hear back. Well, low and behold, I opened my email this morning to find not only a response from my email but also a confirmed table assignment per my request!

I know there have been a lot of posts critical of customer support recently (and yes, I'm sure some legitimate ones), but I must say that I was quite impressed with the response and service I received.

We will be leaving in 9 days on the Serenade (our second time on her). I've seen a lot of negative publicity recently about the Serenade, but we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise last year and look forward to yet another great experience this time!

Thanks again, Royal, for the great customer service I received!

I think it is great that you got the service you needed. I dont understand what the gold status has to do with the service. Everyone should get good service or the line risks not getting return customers.