Escape B6 Large Balcony - Concerns?

Swan0299

On our sailing, I am having a tough time with three balcony staterooms near each other on port side. (I was advised port.)

There are many options left in the large balcony category. Any ideas why these have not been sold? For an extra $90, it seems like a great upgrade. Unless I am missing something? Do folks expect noise there, etc?

We will have two rooms of grandparents and a family of 4 with young kids if this matters....

TIA!

On our sailing, I am having a tough time with three balcony staterooms near each other on port side. (I was advised port.)

There are many options left in the large balcony category. Any ideas why these have not been sold? For an extra $90, it seems like a great upgrade. Unless I am missing something? Do folks expect noise there, etc?

We will have two rooms of grandparents and a family of 4 with young kids if this matters....

TIA!

I like the B6's (even better the M6's), I have both booked, port side is so you can see the fireworks. No concerns as far as I am concerned. You must realize some people on here don't like to spend money, will take the cheapest room and unless you have already sailed the BA/GA people assume the balconys are normal size, they only find out when onboard so those rooms are usually the last to sell (ppl think oh I have a balcony, why do I need a big one? Only to find out they have 3x8 and want to kick themselves afterwards). Go for it, it is well worth 90 bucks.

Edited by iimmie

TIA!

We had it on the Getaway, and they were great cabins. Nice, large balcony. I would not hesitate to book that category.

TIA!

The only reason we didn't book one was because they are forward and we like to be mid-ship. To compromise, we booked a mid-ship angled balcony and just know the balcony won't be as large as the B6 balcony.

I booked two B6s forward. I booked the forward Balcony staterooms hoping to avoid drifting smoke from a smoker. (This has caused me issues in the past:rolleyes: Come to find out, NCL doesn't allow smoking on the Balcony. Other than some motion from the ocean forward, I expect minimal drawbacks. There are cabins above and below. They are away from stairs/elevators and kids play areas, so less foot traffic and noise. And they were only $20 more expensive on my sailing.

But of note, the bridge overhangs several decks above. It has a glass floor for docking and hopefully not viewing entertainment:p

Good Luck and do what's right for you.

Edited by rbird

The only reason we didn't book one was because they are forward and we like to be mid-ship. To compromise, we booked a mid-ship angled balcony and just know the balcony won't be as large as the B6 balcony.

That's the same for us. I can't stand being that far away from the stairs/elevators. We booked angled (on Getaway and now on Escape) to have a somewhat larger-than-standard balcony, but a location that better suits our needs.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread but couldn't find anything newer. We just booked a B6 on the Escape and I'm hoping to find out if they already have loungers on them. Do two loungers fit?

We had an Aft B1 and loved it, but the B6 was the deal offered us for this cruise. We will be in 9724. Thanks for any information:D

Sorry for reviving an old thread but couldn't find anything newer. We just booked a B6 on the Escape and I'm hoping to find out if they already have loungers on them. Do two loungers fit?

We had an Aft B1 and loved it, but the B6 was the deal offered us for this cruise. We will be in 9724. Thanks for any information:D

I had a B6 booked on the Getaway 2 years ago. Two different ships but I'd imagine similar in balconies. It had 2 loungers and a table if I recall correctly. The balcony size is GREAT. I loved it! Just make sure you remember that the people above can see you. Lol.

I had a B6 booked on the Getaway 2 years ago. Two different ships but I'd imagine similar in balconies. It had 2 loungers and a table if I recall correctly. The balcony size is GREAT. I loved it! Just make sure you remember that the people above can see you. Lol.

Good to know;)

Thanks for these great pictures. We booked M6 on our Escape/ Getaway cruises feb 2017

On one of the pictures you see someone on a lounger, reading a book or so..... Well that,s me in about 3 months [emoji41][emoji274][emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jolgro

Thanks for these great pictures. We booked M6 on our Escape/ Getaway cruises feb 2017

On one of the pictures you see someone on a lounger, reading a book or so..... Well that,s me in about 3 months [emoji41][emoji274][emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too! See you there !