Need help with 4j decision

getupgo

I have booked 6103 on Sunshine for March 2016 because I need a window and do not expect any drops since there are few ships that go to Aruba out of Port Canaveral. I am concerned that all the diagrams I have seen of the cabin look very small with no couch and I'm not sure there's a desk. Has anyone stayed in that room? For the first time, I did not book Early Saver so I can cancel with no penalty. All 4js are booked so no chance of price drop with Early Saver so I chose not to go that way. I hope someone can help me.

We were originally booked in 7103. Couldn't find any pictures other than two or three on cruiselinerooms dot com and those were before the ship conversion to the Sunshine. Room looked rather crappy to me. After more digging, I read comments that there are no tables or sofas in any of the old Destiny 4Js.

We've since moved to an oceanview, but I would suggest you keep 6103 reserved for now if there's only two of you. At some point, the quad 4Js on deck 3 almost always open up for double occupancy on the Sunshine. Keep an eye out and once they open those up, move down there. Those cabins are new, bigger (220 sq. ft.) and come with a fridge. Just don't get one all the way forward. If there's 3 or 4 of you, you should be able to move now.

I plan to try the 4J on the Vista next year. The old ones on the Sunshine just did not look like a good choice afterall. Especially for a long cruise.

I would do what you are most comfortable with! The 4J's on deck 7 are the smallest compared to decks 6 and 9. We went with a 4J because of the price, a window, and the balcony right in front and didnt want to fork out an additional $1000 for a balcony for the next cruise. Have fun!

We were in 4J cabin 7103 on the Sunshine for it's 16 day TA cruise, worked out fine for my wife and I. Yea, it was a bit smaller than other 4J's we'd stayed in, but that did not impact us in any way, especially since the shower in the bathroom was larger than pretty much any other shower we'd used while cruising, a more than fair trade for the slightly smaller cabin.

No sofa as has been stated, but we did have 2 nightstands and a corner table with shelf and a padded stool, along with the lighted mirror and stool next to the closets....cabin was very comfortable for my wife and I...but any more than 2...I dunno.

Also for us, we'd almost never book an OV, even if larger, over a 4J unless there was a huge price difference. Easy access to the forward deck makes the 4J so worth it for views that can't be matched....mostly.

Still not clear from these helpful comments if there is a desk with a mirror that I can use for makeup table. I can live with no couch if I have a desk. It's just 2 of us and we are pretty easy to please. The low cost with a window is making me stick right now.

Still not clear from these helpful comments if there is a desk with a mirror that I can use for makeup table. I can live with no couch if I have a desk. It's just 2 of us and we are pretty easy to please. The low cost with a window is making me stick right now.

Look at cruise line rooms dot com. There is a cabin 6101 same as 6103. There does appear to be a big mirror and desk area.

We had a 4j on Triumph on lido and loved it. The mirror area though, in that cabin, was only about 4-6 inch wide. Smallest mirror we have ever had.

Your original post didn't specity anything about a mirror, but it did mention couch, etc. which all of the comments did address. Looked like people were trying to be helpful offering experiences and suggestions which would still keep you in a 4J. Good luck.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

7107 on Sunshine had a large lighted mirror with stool. Those beds can not be put together. Had 2 little "night stands. Agree, the shower was larger than normal and was EXACTLY the same size as the other 4J's on deck 7 that were not handicap. I feel the 4J's on deck 7 of the Sunshine are smaller than other ships. Loved the deck in front. Oh, no sofa nor refrig either.

7107 on Sunshine had a large lighted mirror with stool. Those beds can not be put together. Had 2 little "night stands. Agree, the shower was larger than normal and was EXACTLY the same size as the other 4J's on deck 7 that were not handicap. I feel the 4J's on deck 7 of the Sunshine are smaller than other ships. Loved the deck in front. Oh, no sofa nor refrig either.

Are there chairs on the deck?

I called Carnival and CV she said the 4j's on Deck 7 are handicap cabins. Seems like an odd place for handicap besides too small for a wheelchair. I'm sticking and will bring a mirror with suction cups. Thank you to all who offered advice.

I called Carnival and CV she said the 4j's on Deck 7 are handicap cabins. Seems like an odd place for handicap besides too small for a wheelchair. I'm sticking and will bring a mirror with suction cups. Thank you to all who offered advice.

So much for whom you talked with knowing correct info. The 4J cabin on each end is handicap but the ones in the middle are not. Believe me, the doors are narrower on the middle ones. Also, those beds can be put together.

So much for whom you talked with knowing correct info. The 4J cabin on each end is handicap but the ones in the middle are not. Believe me, the doors are narrower on the middle ones. Also, those beds can be put together.

Correct. The one I had booked on 7 is not a handicap cabin.

We did a B2B on the Sunshine (14 days) in Cabin 6103 and loved it. Nice cabin, great location. The "private" front deck (we used it as our balcony) is awesome. Yes, deck 6 4J's are larger than deck 7. I don't think you'll be sorry. Do check for price drops - didn't think we'd get any either but we got several - saved about $500.