Moderno's for breakfast on Breakaway

Kenlorz

Hi All, heading out on the Breakaway in a few weeks. We will be staying on deck 8, so Moderno's breakfast buffet is intriguing due to it's nearby location. Can someone tell me the hours they serve breakfast and what foods are available on the buffet?

I don't remember the hours but they stayed open later than the garden cafe till 1100 am. They had the same stuff in the buffet, eggs bread bacon sausage etc they had an omelet station on the other side in the cagneys side

Is Moderno's a complimentary? I don't recall hearing about this location until now.

It was complimentary for breakfast and a pretty darn good spot, as I recall. We ate there on our final sea day and it was all served buffet style. Not packed, even at about 8 or 9 am when we went down, and plenty of hot food to go around. It's a solid option, especially if you're on a lower deck and want a buffet without going all the way up to the top.

I don't remember the hours but they stayed open later than the garden cafe till 1100 am. They had the same stuff in the buffet, eggs bread bacon sausage etc they had an omelet station on the other side in the cagneys side

Is the Cagney's side open, too? Or do you just go over there for an omelette?

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. It's looking like a great option for us.

I don't eat eggs. Where am I supposed to go ........???

The same places you always could go...an MDR, the buffet, O'Sheehan's, the place on deck 16 whose name escapes at the moment...or if you're a suite passenger on Breakaway, the Haven restaurant.

Moderno's being open on the Breakaway doesn't replace anything...it's just an additional place to eat breakfast.

Edited by njhorseman

• 2 weeks later...
It was complimentary for breakfast and a pretty darn good spot, as I recall. We ate there on our final sea day and it was all served buffet style. Not packed, even at about 8 or 9 am when we went down, and plenty of hot food to go around. It's a solid option, especially if you're on a lower deck and want a buffet without going all the way up to the top.

The only missing item on their buffet was the smoked salmon but it was nice and quiet. It became more crowded toward the end of the cruise. another perk was that I felt less movement on rough seas than the buffet 6 or 7 floors higher

For those on the BA's forward half (elevators & stairs) - O'Sheehan is another choice for a full breakfast, no smoked salmon but you get your juice, coffee/tea and fresh fruit plate, eggs & sides, etc. - and, because it has its own small gallery/kitchen just beyond the counters, items came out pretty hot instead of lurk warm. It's a shorter walk to/from the stateroom & can be slow with service if it is busy, but you aren't going anywhere on Sea Days - so sit back, relax & do people watching if you are seated near the main corridors.

Those in the AFT, as noted - check out Moderno or Uptown Grill on deck 16 for doing breakfast.