Daily Service Charge

maxwellito

HI ALL

If you print your e documents and they say that the service charge is $12 per day please go to the service desk on the ship and ask for a credit since they will be charging you more that $12 per day.

There must be a glitch in NCL system but I find it rather disgusting that they have the nerve to charge you the new increased rate when the e documents have the lower rate printed on them. Even the NCL website mentioned $12 per day for the DSC when it supposedly went up 3/1/15. It is not a lot of money but it is the principal.

NCL does have some major screw ups for such a big company

I am sure NCL will fix this once this is read so print your e docs now

Cheers!!

HI ALL

If you print your e documents and they say that the service charge is $12 per day please go to the service desk on the ship and ask for a credit since they will be charging you more that $12 per day.

There must be a glitch in NCL system but I find it rather disgusting that they have the nerve to charge you the new increased rate when the e documents have the lower rate printed on them. Even the NCL website mentioned $12 per day for the DSC when it supposedly went up 3/1/15. It is not a lot of money but it is the principal.

Cheers!!

Any policy can be changed at anytime. Yes, you are right, probably you could get an adjustment, but is it really worth it? On a 10 day cruise it amounts to just under $10 a person. BTW, they did notify passengers of the increase and we had the option to pay our DSC up front before the date. If we choose not to, that was our choice. Our travel agent let us know and gave us the option.

HI ALL

Cheers!!

I'd noticed that on our edocs, too.

Personally, when I go to the CS desk to adjust the DSC, I'm going with the awareness that MOST cruisers on board won't be doing that (for any number of reasons, most probably because while on vacation they don't want the hassle/headache involved). So with this awareness, why should I waste my time confronting NCL's nickel-and-diming, by nickel-and-diming them back and just removing little bits here and there?

No, I'm going to remove the whole thing. And in doing so, I'll be a proxy for the many others who will either be unaware they are being ripped off, or unwilling to do anything about it.

I'd noticed that on our edocs, too.

Personally, when I go to the CS desk to adjust the DSC, I'm going with the awareness that MOST cruisers on board won't be doing that (for any number of reasons, most probably because while on vacation they don't want the hassle/headache involved). So with this awareness, why should I waste my time confronting NCL's nickel-and-diming, by nickel-and-diming them back and just removing little bits here and there?

No, I'm going to remove the whole thing. And in doing so, I'll be a proxy for the many others who will either be unaware they are being ripped off, or unwilling to do anything about it.

I think most won't be reducing or removing their service charge, because they understand that sometimes things are not always updated, like the e-docs, and they really don't care, so please don't say you are speaking for any one but yourself.

I think the only ones who will reduce or remove the DSC are those that would have done it anyway without any of the recent charges.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I think most won't be reducing or removing their service charge, because they understand that sometimes things are not always updated, like the e-docs, and they really don't care, so please don't say you are speaking for any one but yourself.

Yup, that's pretty much what I said.

Hey, feel free to pay the DSC! I really don't care what you do. I don't expect that many others to follow my example (though it would be excellent if some did), which is why to have any impact, I'll have to "take it off, take it all off!"

Yup, that's pretty much what I said.

Hey, feel free to pay the DSC! I really don't care what you do. I don't expect that many others to follow my example (though it would be excellent if some did), which is why to have any impact, I'll have to "take it off, take it all off!"

Just wondering, if you dislike NCL's.policies and way of doing business, why are still cruising with them. It would make a bigger statement if you cancelled your cruise, even if it meant you lost all your money. Please take off all your DSC, as this is a pretty good excuse to do so.

Just wondering, if you dislike NCL's.policies and way of doing business, why are still cruising with them. It would make a bigger statement if you cancelled your cruise, even if it meant you lost all your money. Please take off all your DSC, as this is a pretty good excuse to do so.

Hm. Cancelling my well-past-final-payment cruise? Hadn't thought of that.

LOL, but yes, taking off all my DSC at this point seems like the right way to go. Thank you for your support.

Hm. Cancelling my well-past-final-payment cruise? Hadn't thought of that.

LOL, but yes, taking off all my DSC at this point seems like the right way to go. Thank you for your support.

well, I guess the increase is not that big a deal after all....I'm sure we will see you on many NCL cruises to come. LOL!

I must say that many times when I post people just don't get it A company the size of NCL should get their act together. If you make a company wide policy change all the t's should be crossed etc.

MY haven letter still came from Kevin Sheehan well after he resigned.

I pre paid my service charges. My fellow traveler who happens to be an extremely wealthy corporate executive went to have her DSC adjusted.

It was not about the money but the principal that NCL is a big enough corporation to get their you know what together

It has nothing to do with the money.

On another note not only do I pay my pre pay my DSC I also tip accordingly to the staff who deserves it on the ship. Whether they are part of the pool or not.