Guarantee Stateroom

Hi those who are looking at this thread! =D

So, I booked a Guarantee Stateroom for our cruise on April 17th and we still haven't gotten our Stateroom information.

I know sometimes, but very rarely, it isn't determined until the day of Embarkation, but in the past I've done Guarantee and got a Room assignment really quickly.

How far up to the day you cruise did you get your Stateroom number when you did a Guarantee? I'd love to hear past experiences! ^_^

I'd be willing to bet that with the new upsell program that started recently GTY's will start getting their assignments later and later. They may wait and see just how many passengers will buy a discounted upgrade. If this program is a success and lots start taking advantage of the discounted upgrades it could be bad news for those who book the GTY's.

I received my room assignment for my Balcony GTY the very next day. I then saw a better price, so I had to "cancel" the first room and re-book at the better rate (two weeks before final payment due-though I had already paid the balance in full), and received that assignment the next day as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Question...did the email you when they assigned your room or did you keep signing into you reservation and keep checking?

It just shows up in the reservation. There is no other notification unless you have a TA who checks that kind of thing for you.