Room Service Survey

DreamingBig1

I don't get what all the hubbub is all about ? NCL is not forcing you to get room service, if you don't want it then don't get it! Get off your duff and go grab a plate @ the buffet.

For those who still like to get a Pot of Coffee w/a Danish or Muffin or fresh Fruit , then go ahead and order it. But it Clearly states only some selective items will be have a "convenience fee" of $4.95 / $7.95. No where does it state that ALL items will have that charge.

It's going to be like ordering Pizza, if you're going to order something along the lines of say a Steak, or Prime Rib, or something else of the like, there will be a fee.

For those who have ever ordered "Room Service" while staying in a hotel anywhere, what did you pay for it ? I can guaranty it was a lot more than $5-$8, I'm sure the tip was more than that as well.

Stop worrying about the little stuff, your undies are in a knot already that's why you're cruising......... RELAX.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Everyone has great responses here, thanks for all your feedback.

Our biggest use of room service has been on the 12 day Grand Med cruises, as we book lots of shore excursions, and want to have a light breakfast in the cabin, before heading out for all day excursions.

Or other cruises with excursions early in the morning.

Since there is a coffee maker in the room, (we bring our own coffee), it saves us time in the mornings.

But this additional new 'convenience charge' from the new management, has become another unattractive reason to cruise with NCL anymore. Informing the DW last nite about this, her comment was after our next booked trip, to not bother with NCL in the future. Which I see a lot of similar comments about.

Years ago J.C. Penny's brought in a new CEO who dropped all the promotional advertising for the company, as he knew how to run a business. The stock dropped from about $85, down to $8 now, almost putting the company into bankruptcy. Well, they got rid of the CEO, and started the advertising promotions again, to try to save the company. Sometimes these 'Know-it-all' CEO's, do not 'Know-it-all', and destroy well ran, established businesses.

We have been loyal NCL customers, but this will be changing, there are many other vacation options available. :eek:

Every morning we ordered 2 pots of coffee sometimes a croissant and Danish and sometimes fruit and yogurt won't be doing it anymore.

Nothing has changed for you so go ahead and order the same.

Every morning we order 2 pots of coffee, a fruit plate and a sweet roll. Definitely not worth the upcharge.

Ditto... then we head to the buffet for some real breakfast after finishing the two pots of coffee.

2 x coffee; 2 x chocolate croissants; 2 x juice; 1 x milk; sometimes cereal, yoghurt and fruit. Every day as our wake-up call.

Not worth an up-charge IMHO.

Ordered a BLT once during the day - did not bother after that (rather light on the B and what was there was rubbish).

I don't get what all the hubbub is all about ? NCL is not forcing you to get room service, if you don't want it then don't get it! Get off your duff and go grab a plate @ the buffet.

For those who still like to get a Pot of Coffee w/a Danish or Muffin or fresh Fruit , then go ahead and order it. But it Clearly states only some selective items will be have a "convenience fee" of $4.95 / $7.95. No where does it state that ALL items will have that charge.

It's going to be like ordering Pizza, if you're going to order something along the lines of say a Steak, or Prime Rib, or something else of the like, there will be a fee.

For those who have ever ordered "Room Service" while staying in a hotel anywhere, what did you pay for it ? I can guaranty it was a lot more than $5-$8, I'm sure the tip was more than that as well.

Stop worrying about the little stuff, your undies are in a knot already that's why you're cruising......... RELAX.

Honestly, and respectfully, I'm pretty sure you are reading it wrong.

From the way I read it, it sounds like the "test" on BA/GA will be as follows: There will be some "complementary" items, presumably most/all of the stuff they used to have. There will also be some charge items, including (possibly?) your Prime Rib or Steak -- these will presumably be the new menu items.

To get this stuff delivered to your door, WHETHER COMPLEMENTARY OR CHARGE, will cost you $7.95 extra on BA and $4.95 on GA.

You might consider getting a Danish pastry and a pot of coffee, heretofore delivered free with only a suggested, not required, gratuity of a buck or two, "complementary" (even though the delivery charge is $4.95 or $7.95), but I do not. Nor do I think most anybody else will either. Or you, once you realize what NCL is doing here. You may well not mind paying that price, given what you've written above, but you should at least understand the reality of the situation.

Thanks for listening.

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

Well... we know copy & paste works over there at NCL HQ...

Hot tea, fruit and pastry. When everyone wakes up we'll go down for breakfast.

Sometimes, when in port and am in a hurry to get off the ship I'll also order a toasted bagel, lox, cream cheese, onion and tomato. They've always delivered!

Harriet

This policy is going to backfire. Penny smart and pound dumb.

People are seriously up in arms over this.

Please reconsider this policy, or revise it.

Every morning we order 2 pots of coffee, a fruit plate and a sweet roll. Definitely not worth the upcharge.

That's pretty much what we order, too. We really enjoy having breakfast and drinking coffee on our balcony, whether we're at sea or pulling into a port. Not worth paying $7.95 in the future if those are indeed not complimentary items.

Ditto... then we head to the buffet for some real breakfast after finishing the two pots of coffee.

Love drinking my coffee in the room, in my pj's.... I look forward to my "comlimentary" room service

I will be heartbroken if they start charging for this. Some of us enjoy this option as much as others enjoy the buffet option....

2 x coffee; 2 x chocolate croissants; 2 x juice; 1 x milk; sometimes cereal, yoghurt and fruit. Every day as our wake-up call.

Not worth an up-charge IMHO.

Not worth an up charge for, but every day somebody had to go get it, put it on a tray, and walk halfway across the ship to wake you up and hand it to you. They're not charging more for the food, which is still available for free in the buffet -- they're just beginning to charge for the delivery. Disappointing since it used to be free, but there's a reason you couldn't get all that food delivered for <$20-25 in a land based hotel.

I agree with those that said the menu was so bad it wasn't worth it anyway -- I couldn't justify asking somebody to deliver anything on it.

We have cruised on several different cruise lines and always used room service at least several times, almost always for breakfast. We typically get coffee, cereal, yogurt, fruit and/or pastries. I always gave the delivery person an extra tip - more if the food was delivered promptly.

I can't remember if we have ever ordered room service on NCL. We have only used Room Service a couple times in all our cruises. We have gotten the wings and chips with artichoke dip several times from the Blue Lagoon and taken back to our room.

Since we very rarely order room service at free, we definitely would NOT order for a fee!