Goodbye Escape Haven, Hello Divina Yacht Club!

y'all are really this angry over 8 lousy dollars?

It's not just the 8 dollars. It's the trend that NCL has been setting all month with constantly raising "fees" or slashing services all while being elusive and non-transparent.

It's not just the 8 dollars. It's the trend that NCL has been setting all month with constantly raising "fees" or slashing services all while being elusive and non-transparent.

I'm sorry but there is no other cruise company in the world that has the quality of shows Ncl has so if you want to sacrifice quality entertainment over the minimal amount of fees they are charging go right ahead

I'm sorry but there is no other cruise company in the world that has the quality of shows Ncl has so if you want to sacrifice quality entertainment over the minimal amount of fees they are charging go right ahead

Actually, MSC seems to have a much better product for the same, if not lower, price. Their suite pricing includes butler, concierge, private lounge, dining room, cocktails, etc. It also includes all port taxes and fees which was a lovely surprise while doing a mock booking.

We cruised NCL several times in the mid-80s and hadn't been back until mid-February when a great price including UBP allowed us to take a very last minute cruise. We've cruised extensively on Princess and Celebrity the past few years. We knew the NCL experience would be very different, but we enjoyed it and purchased FCCs and now have three additional cruises booked with NCL, one leaving Saturday on the Jewel. The frequency of these recent changes and the way in which they've been handled have me second guessing our decision. We'll probably keep the cruises we have booked, but I'm back to taking a hard look at the Princess and Celebrity offers that are coming my way. And, I'm certainly open to checking out MSC.

If you have never cruised another line you can not make this assumption.

And exactly how many times have you cruised on NCL? Once?

You are also assuming that everyone goes on a cruise for the entertainment. Perhaps it might surprise you that many people go on a cruise and never go to see a show. That is not what they enjoy. Then there are those people who cruise a lot and don't go to the shows because they have seen them all before. Earlier you made comments that people needed to get up in the morning and get out of their cabins and go out and experience the ship. Perhaps they are on a ship and remain in their cabin because they enjoy just doing that. It's their vacation and they should do exactly what pleases them. They do not have to follow the way you do things.

I am surprised of the tunnel vision you have for someone your age. It is more the type of thinking I would expect from someone about 20 years younger.

For some people it is about the dollar amount. For others it is more about the principle. Stop criticizing others for their opinion. Everyone seems to be leaving you to yours.

Rochelle

You are also assuming that everyone goes on a cruise for the entertainment. Perhaps it might surprise you that many people go on a cruise and never go to see a show. That is not what they enjoy. Then there are those people who cruise a lot and don't go to the shows because they have seen them all before. Earlier you made comments that people needed to get up in the morning and get out of their cabins and go out and experience the ship. Perhaps they are on a ship and remain in their cabin because they enjoy just doing that. It's their vacation and they should do exactly what pleases them. They do not have to follow the way you do things.

I am surprised of the tunnel vision you have for someone your age. It is more the type of thinking I would expect from someone about 20 years younger.

For some people it is about the dollar amount. For others it is more about the principle. Stop criticizing others for their opinion. Everyone seems to be leaving you to yours.

Rochelle

I was on the BA last year and the only show I went to was Cirque because it was free with the dining package. I honestly had no interest in ROA or BTF. Well, maybe BTF if it got into my schedule, but it didn't. It wasn't a big deal to me.

On the Gem this past fall, we only played Deal or No Deal, didn't go to any shows. Again, it wasn't my priority.

See MotleyFan? Even if another lines entertainment is different, I don't mind.

For those who mentioned Princess, we've cruised Princess and their ships are beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to go on any Princess ship.

I hope NCL is paying attention to all the cancellations they are getting and see a connection!

Rochelle

He doesnt have tunnel vision. He likes to stir the pot. There's no talking sense to him. Remember, this is the guy who wanted to know about the freestyle deck so he could go and peep at women. His words, not mine.

I had already booked on MSC before the new NCL policy. Being as much informed about the Yacht Club by the CC board, goggle, videos, etc., and all its perks, I jumped on it.

Their web site, as in all other lines I have used, is not the best. I worked my booking the Yacht Club through the phone and got booked for 2 at a price of approx $4,400.00 for a 7 day cruise going to Bermuda and Nassau. Bermuda will be for approx 1.5 days. Compared to all the other mainline cruises, I find that a super deal for all offered on the ship and the Yacht Club experience for what I have read so far.

Now to go on NCL in 2 weeks (suite life), X in 7 months (balcony), then

MSC (Yacht Club Suite Life).

Am looking at a CCL cruise to their new place in Dominica Republic plus other places Thanksgiving 2016.

Am always looking to visit new places. The taxi ride to it can be relaxing though.... :cool:

Thank you so much for sharing your firsthand experience with Divina, Catherine. You've really helped me feel more confident in my decision to change lines.:)

motley- I'm not angry in the least. In fact, I'm quite pleased with myself and sad for NCL. Now if you don't have anything intelligent to add please go away.

Alison

Swarovski Crystal staircases???....... "What a girl wants, what a girl needs". ;)

To everyone looking at MSC~~~ I had a heck of a time on their website and finally just called in. T.G. I did- it got me $200 ($100pp) OBC. Make the call.

;) BTW, you can reserve it for a week for free or do a reservation for only $200 for two people. (I think non-refundable.)

Juneau,,,your deposit is 100% fully refundable as long as you decide to cancel before the 75 day pay-off date.:)

Wow, that's awesome! Thank you Mikesa1721! I'm liking MSC more and more. (And I'll drag as many of my NCL buddies along as I can.;))

Alison

We love Divina and especially the Yacht Club. Having sailed the Yacht Club twice so far, I can tell you it is truly an incredible experience,,and MSC's rewards program is second to none so please take a look at that as well when considering MSC. If you have any questions,,please hop over to the MSC boards,,we'd love to help answer any questions you might have.:)

We love Divina and especially the Yacht Club. Having sailed the Yacht Club twice so far, I can tell you it is truly an incredible experience,,and MSC's rewards program is second to none so please take a look at that as well when considering MSC. If you have any questions,,please hop over to the MSC boards,,we'd love to help answer any questions you might have.:)

Thank you because i need a price drop ; ).

Thank you because i need a price drop ; ).

Ok, I will bite...

You have posted the need for a price drop on more than just this thread. You are hoping that people will cancel their cruises so you can get a better deal. Why would you want a lower price for your cruise? When you booked your cruise, you must have been happy with the price or you wouldn't have booked it, correct? It seems your desire for a lower cruise price isn't much different than those upset that they must now pay extra for a previous service that was originally included when they booked their cruises.

I don't really use room service very often, nor do I care much about the onboard entertainment or the UBP as I typically drink water. However, my DH enjoys his beer and I'm sure he would be unhappy if the rules changed and NCL adopted Carnival's practice of limiting drinks with the UBP. If people are upset about an additional expenditure, why would you want to capitalize on their misfortune? I'm sure I must be misinterpreting your comment, because surely a menial price drop amounting to say $7.95 a day would not warrant a call to NCL requesting a price drop, after all NCL is a business and they are just trying to make money. What amount of money would you consider to be enough of a savings for you that would justify you depriving NCL of the money you originally agreed to pay?

Just saying...Seems like a double standard to me.

I will look into Divinia Yacht Club for sure.

We stopped sailing RCC after so many cruises as the food was and is in a steep decline. The ships we loved are elsewhere and I do not need a floating amusement park.

X once in Aqua Class eating in Blue and liked it. Would do again for sure.

Azamara is one great experience and you are not nailed to the wall for upcharges.

Pricess twice and will do again.

With this new NCL CEO and changes every day that equates to more spending yet not greater cruise experiences, I will seriously decide if I want to invest so much money in NCL if they continue to act like a floating cash register. We have three Penthouse suite sailings planned, but heck, I am loyal to DH and I and our money!

Do these new CEO's realize they are in an incredibly competive market with smart cruisers out there? I think not. I am sure they will test this though. Their bonus and stock is on the line.

Getting ready to sail on the Epic April 12th. Booked this cruise with my future cruise certificate that I purchased last year on the Getaway. However, I don't think I will buy a certificate this time. My sister gets free cruises with CAS and she has invited me to room with her next time. In the future, I will do a lot more comparison shopping before automatically running to NCL. If I have to pay for a cruise with my hard earned money, I would like to enjoy some of the amenities that are still around that got me addicted to cruising 29 years ago. I have always been a person who chooses the ship not the line and will continued to do so in the future.