Goodbye Escape Haven, Hello Divina Yacht Club!

Yes, I think we will stick with X. We are going to Bermuda in May on X in a Aqua room. It is all inclusive with a 300$ obc, dinning in Blue and we are Elite so we get free internet, laundry, ect. Same price as a mini suite on Breakaway and ixcludes free room service with a advanced menu. I know NCL was going to hell when we took our first and last trip on the Breakaway. One night the carving station in the buffet had MEATLOAF, give me a break.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Meat loaf? That is a sad joke.

I priced out a Yacht Club suite today and was pleasantly surprised. For the less than the price I'm paying for a DOS on the Dawn, ( a Non-Haven ship) I can be in Deluxe suite on the Davina. Include airfare to Miami, and we'd be about equal in price. I want to do a bit more research on MSC, and its overall vibe, but the Yacht Club seems fairly comparable to the Haven. (We've been in the BA Haven previously)

Edited by AEckhardt

That sounds wonderful! and I wouldn't have to lug cokes onboard.

I have had a very stressful day today with NCL They flat out lied to me and are trying to rip me off.......Carnival and RCCL is next on my list I can wait to try other lines now.

Well, feel fortunate you got through!

I can't get through to CAS. I was told by a non-CAS that they are seriously short staffed. He said it was doubtful I will get a call back I should keep calling because the promos will be ending. Note: I have left messages with (3) different CASlings.

I have waited over 2 weeks to get a call back with pricing info on a 2nd suite. I already booked the first one. I have decided to wait for a call back from anyone. If it doesn't happen, I am canceling the first one; not worth the aggravation any longer.

The above experience, coupled with the recent unannounced increases, have me researching alternative lines.

These increased fees that NCL/FDR have incorporated have left a very bad taste in my mouth. I actually lost sleep over this last night, which is ridiculous considering the fact that I'm supposed to be planning a wonderful vacation for my husband and myself.

We got a great price for our Escape Haven Penthouse Suite by booking early, but only got the $300 OBC that is now part of the Freestyle Promotion and not the UDP, UBP, or prepaid DSC.

We wouldn't have been hurt too much by NCL's increased fees, but it's the way they were just shoved upon us with no warning and how it's really going to impact family cruisers that upsets me the most.

In the Yacht Club on Divina we'll pay $170.32 more and get a larger cabin and balcony and everything that the Haven offers, as well as unlimited beverages and free access to our mini bar contents that have COCA COLA (!) products and snacks inside. Plus, we'll get $200 OBC. Oh yeah, and free room service.

So I'm just curious.....is anyone else jumping ship from NCL?

I'm going to check that out now :D

I'm interested in the difference between Haven and Yacht Club, if you'd care to post after your cruise.

From reading their website, the Yacht Club sounds much nicer. I have no experience with MSC at all. I will really have to look into this.

Thank you! I'm curious to know how the two experiences compare, as well. When do you sail with MSC?

Believe it or not, it will be the same dates I had booked for the Escape. December 5-12, 2015. And the itineraries are very similar. We will depart Miami at 7pm instead of 4pm, will have two days at sea, go to St. Thomas on Tues., (same as Escape), go to San Juan, PR, (instead of Tortola), on Wed., a sea day on Thurs., (same as Escape), and on Fri. we'll be on Great Stirrup Cay instead of Nassau. We haven't been to Puerto Rico since our first cruise in 1986 onboard the Sun Princess so we're really looking forward to this! :)

I'm a little bit nervous about how 'different' it might be, but also excited because of that. ;):D

From reading their website, the Yacht Club sounds much nicer. I have no experience with MSC at all. I will really have to look into this.

Hey SME! I had, like, quadruple- quoted you for a reply on the $7.95 RS thread but hadn't gotten past page 15 when I bailed and went to check out MSC. I've been looking at them for awhile now. You are one of the reasons I was emboldened to jump over and really check them out. (Because I so agreed with everything you said, and already felt the same way, about what was going on with NCL.) My final message to you was going to be, and now is, "See you on Divina!" :D;)

Hey SME! I had, like, quadruple- quoted you for a reply on the $7.95 RS thread but hadn't gotten past page 15 when I bailed and went to check out MSC. I've been looking at them for awhile now. You are one of the reasons I was emboldened to jump over and really check them out. (Because I so agreed with everything you said, and already felt the same way, about what was going on with NCL.) My final message to you was going to be, and now is, "See you on Divina!" :D;)

Time to read the MSC board :D The ship really looks beautiful!

Time to read the MSC board :D The ship really looks beautiful!

Swarovski Crystal staircases???....... "What a girl wants, what a girl needs". ;)

To everyone looking at MSC~~~ I had a heck of a time on their website and finally just called in. T.G. I did- it got me $200 ($100pp) OBC. Make the call.

;) BTW, you can reserve it for a week for free or do a reservation for only $200 for two people. (I think non-refundable.)

We are booked on Escape for our 1st NCL cruise next year. (Cruised many times with Carnival, RC & Princess).

Are you guys saying that NCL is going to add a $7.95 charge anytime you order room service or are they just going to charge this past a certain time? Either way, DH will not be happy about this as he usually orders room service a lot late at night.

Are you guys saying that NCL is going to add a $7.95 charge anytime you order room service or are they just going to charge this past a certain time? Either way, DH will not be happy about this as he usually orders room service a lot late at night

checkout this link 39 pages so far...:eek:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189329

I have sailed with MSC. My husband said it was his best vacation EVER!! We loved it! We were on an 11 night Eastern Med cruise on Fantasia. We were not in the Yacht Club. We had their beverage plan and it was WONDERFUL--unlimited drinks (we had the classic, not premium, so top shelf liquors were not included), unlimited gelato (my butt says thanks!! :eek:), unlimited speciality coffees, soft drinks, and water--all for about $33/person/day!! They definitely lost money on us!! LOL!! I would sail again on them anytime!!

I am taking my first NCL cruise in 3 weeks--keeping an open mind amid all the negatives (there are also a LOT of negative post about MSC, we took a chance and did not regret it). We do not have the UBP, UDP, or included gratituities as we are in a lowly interior cabin--BUT I am sailing with my sister and will have a WONDERFUL time regardless--spending time with family=priceless!!

I booked my first NCL cruise for next April, but am thinking about cancelling it :( I'm really disappointed with all this nickel-and-dime-ing! It will be my first balcony, and one of the things I was really looking forwards to was room service coffee and a pastry out there, before getting up for "real" breakfast. But not for $7.95 :( This is definitely taking some of the "magic" out of cruising for me.

I might jump back to RCI or try Princess, though prices are higher, or even Celebrity, where the prices are comparable (!), but I'm afraid there won't be any young people (DH & I are 26 and 27). NCL is probably losing me for good.

Well, feel fortunate you got through!

I can't get through to CAS. I was told by a non-CAS that they are seriously short staffed. He said it was doubtful I will get a call back I should keep calling because the promos will be ending. Note: I have left messages with (3) different CASlings.

I have waited over 2 weeks to get a call back with pricing info on a 2nd suite. I already booked the first one. I have decided to wait for a call back from anyone. If it doesn't happen, I am canceling the first one; not worth the aggravation any longer.

The above experience, coupled with the recent unannounced increases, have me researching alternative lines.

What is CAS? or Caslings? I have called NCL 3 times over the past 2 weeks for price reductions on booked cruises. I got through each time and saved $2500.00 on one cruise alone, yes, the price dropped that much (suite). We were able to keep all of the PERKS that went with the promotion. The NCL cruise consultant was pleasant, made the change and emailed me the confirmation showing the reduced rate within seconds. My DH was able to reduce the fare for another NCL cruise by $400.00. It does pay to book early and check the fares regularly. Fare reductions CANNOT be done the last 90 days before sailing unless you save more than the cancellation penalty. We find it is best to book early and check back on the prices....Do remember to remove the cookies in your browser or use another browser, otherwise the same NCL prices will some up again.

Do remember to remove the cookies in your browser or use another browser, otherwise the same NCL prices will some up again.

Hm, not sure if this is true or not. In my case I haven't cleaned my cookies and yet I have seen prices fall and rise on my booked (and now paid-for) cruise. Would appreciate hearing from others about their experiences on this matter, as I have wondered if NCL (or others) would get around to doing something like this.

Hello...my name is Cathy...I have sailed the MSC Divina twice...once on a 3 night sailing...and last October on a 7 night sailing to the Eastern Caribbean...although i did not sail in the Yaght Club...I heard nothing but positive comments about it... I sailed in a Balcony Cabin, which was very spacious... the ship is sparkling clean....and oh the swvaroski staircase in the main atrium is absolutely stunning....the food was excellent....but everyone has different tastes...but from the buffet, to the main dining rooms, to the specality restaurants, to the comfort food...pastries...gelato...everything was scrumpous... yes the ship has a european flair to it...but it is gorgeous....and the staff cannot be more helpful to you....In the Yaht Club...all your drinks are included...you have your own private lounge area....private pool and hot tub...your own private restaurant called LeMuse...when you check in at the pier....you have your own private butler excorting you to a private lounge where the conceigre explains to everyone about the Yaht Club....you are then excorted to your rooms to meet your own private butler....All the staff in white glove service....

As far as MSC Entertainment, it is the best at sea....Shows were fabolus...they even have an opera one afternoon...I went to it...and it was excellent....at night every lounge you walk into has live music playing....yes there are a fair share of europeans on board...but everyone that i had met....were very very nice....the pool area is beautiful....and on deck 15 they have an infinity pool....which is awesome....they also have bowling, arcade games and a pool area for the kiddies....what i also loved about the ship, is that you are not hounded from the staff with the drink of the day....if you want a drink, you just call someone over, or just go up to the bar and get one yourself....They do offer different types of prepaid drink packages, or you buy them on board...there are so many choices...

I myself am sailing on BA in December of this year, and i do not like all of these price changes they are tacking on...and would love to cancel....but i have too much invested in this cruise alreay....I got the UBP (promo), bought the UDP, prepaid my gratituties, i have a spa mini suite, and i dont think that i will get all of this if i were to cancel and go with another cruise line...but what i will say is, that this will be my last NCL cruise after december...I am going back to RCCL...after i come back from this cruise i am going to book the Anthem of the Seas....and also book another cruise on MSC Divina when she comes back from europe....

If you have any more questions about the MSC Divina, please post me back...as i will be more than happy to answer any more questions that you may have...

Happy Sailing

Hello...my name is Cathy...I have sailed the MSC Divina twice...once on a 3 night sailing...and last October on a 7 night sailing to the Eastern Caribbean...although i did not sail in the Yaght Club...I heard nothing but positive comments about it... I sailed in a Balcony Cabin, which was very spacious... the ship is sparkling clean....and oh the swvaroski staircase in the main atrium is absolutely stunning....the food was excellent....but everyone has different tastes...but from the buffet, to the main dining rooms, to the specality restaurants, to the comfort food...pastries...gelato...everything was scrumpous... yes the ship has a european flair to it...but it is gorgeous....and the staff cannot be more helpful to you....In the Yaht Club...all your drinks are included...you have your own private lounge area....private pool and hot tub...your own private restaurant called LeMuse...when you check in at the pier....you have your own private butler excorting you to a private lounge where the conceigre explains to everyone about the Yaht Club....you are then excorted to your rooms to meet your own private butler....All the staff in white glove service....

As far as MSC Entertainment, it is the best at sea....Shows were fabolus...they even have an opera one afternoon...I went to it...and it was excellent....at night every lounge you walk into has live music playing....yes there are a fair share of europeans on board...but everyone that i had met....were very very nice....the pool area is beautiful....and on deck 15 they have an infinity pool....which is awesome....they also have bowling, arcade games and a pool area for the kiddies....what i also loved about the ship, is that you are not hounded from the staff with the drink of the day....if you want a drink, you just call someone over, or just go up to the bar and get one yourself....They do offer different types of prepaid drink packages, or you buy them on board...there are so many choices...

I myself am sailing on BA in December of this year, and i do not like all of these price changes they are tacking on...and would love to cancel....but i have too much invested in this cruise alreay....I got the UBP (promo), bought the UDP, prepaid my gratituties, i have a spa mini suite, and i dont think that i will get all of this if i were to cancel and go with another cruise line...but what i will say is, that this will be my last NCL cruise after december...I am going back to RCCL...after i come back from this cruise i am going to book the Anthem of the Seas....and also book another cruise on MSC Divina when she comes back from europe....

If you have any more questions about the MSC Divina, please post me back...as i will be more than happy to answer any more questions that you may have...

Happy Sailing

Thanks for the info. What is the dress code on MSC? I looked briefly at MSC a few years back and saw some of the nice pool areas.

I'm a little behind as we are on vacation and I came to CC yesterday to see the room charge thread and it was already at 28 pages!!! We would have likely been on NCL at this time but prices were too high. We are having a great time though seeing some things with the kids.

Happy Sailing

Thank you so much for this info!

These increased fees that NCL/FDR have incorporated have left a very bad taste in my mouth. I actually lost sleep over this last night, which is ridiculous considering the fact that I'm supposed to be planning a wonderful vacation for my husband and myself.

We got a great price for our Escape Haven Penthouse Suite by booking early, but only got the $300 OBC that is now part of the Freestyle Promotion and not the UDP, UBP, or prepaid DSC.

We wouldn't have been hurt too much by NCL's increased fees, but it's the way they were just shoved upon us with no warning and how it's really going to impact family cruisers that upsets me the most.

In the Yacht Club on Divina we'll pay $170.32 more and get a larger cabin and balcony and everything that the Haven offers, as well as unlimited beverages and free access to our mini bar contents that have COCA COLA (!) products and snacks inside. Plus, we'll get $200 OBC. Oh yeah, and free room service.

So I'm just curious.....is anyone else jumping ship from NCL?

y'all are really this angry over 8 lousy dollars?