18 year old having a drink with parental permission.

Mkehlb

I know some lines allow parents to sign a form granting permission for their 18-20year olds to drink onboard while in international waters. Does Carnival do this? If so, is there a particular form?

Carnival does not do this, however, if you were to order a drink for your adult (18-20) son or daughter and personally hand it to them, you would most likely have no problem, though it is technically against 'the rules'.

Carnival does not do this, however, if you were to order a drink for your adult (18-20) son or daughter and personally hand it to them, you would most likely have no problem, though it is technically against 'the rules'.

The punishment can be anything from being cut off to the whole party being kicked off the cruise.

They're probably not going to card but don't be 'stupid' either.

There have been a few reports of this happening but the pax were beyond pushing the limits.

Our 18yo was asked what she wanted at the Mojito bar one cruise. If she wanted it and I put it on my card no one would have batted an eye.

It will also depend on where you are sailing, ie in Australia no worries as drinking age is 18.

I thought John Heald said that the age is 21 even in Australia when he was asked about this a couple of weeks ago.

My 20 year old son went on our wedding cruise with us. He could not drink on the ship however since we were in the Bahamas he could drink there. However Carnival would also not sell us the Brewery Tour for him because he was not 21. We ended up going with a local company called Pat and Diane and they have no problem selling us the tour.

I know some lines allow parents to sign a form granting permission for their 18-20year olds to drink onboard while in international waters. Does Carnival do this? If so, is there a particular form?

The OP asked if Carnival has a specific form not what anybody's opinion is regarding underage drinking. :rolleyes: