Latitudes Benefits diminishing in Europe

The complimentary dinner for 2 at le Bistro is now " per stateroom" in the European NCL page. I am wondering if that will be the case here in the States soon enough. I think this will make a lot of people mad :-( So if 2 platinum people who don't happen to be related but are sharing a stateroom would still get one per stateroom. Is very confusing :-(.

Complimentary Dinner at Le Bistro^

Enjoy dinner for two and a complimentary bottle of wine at our romantic French Bistro.+ per stateroom

Edited by qtaromar1970

Latitudes benefits are the same for everyone so unless there is a glitch on the ncl eu site then its coming to the states site shortly...an other new change made from fdr and his guys at the corporate

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What if there are three Platinum members sharing a cabin? Do they draw straws and the person with the short one can order room service for a fee?

Rochelle

Good question it appears that will be the case..I actually thought they were working on adding a new tier with better perks but seems they are just doing the opposite. :-(

What if there are three Platinum members sharing a cabin? Do they draw straws and the person with the short one can order room service for a fee?

Rochelle

What do they call three platinum members sharing a cabin? Two are losers and the third ... well, I was going to say the third is a winner. However, winning is not allowed. I assume the first two will get first choice on the two strawberries.

Rochelle

Excellent point!

We really hope they don't do this, especially after all the other new fees.

What do they call three platinum members sharing a cabin? Two are losers and the third ... well, I was going to say the third is a winner. However, winning is not allowed. I assume the first two will get first choice on the two strawberries.

And the extra chocolate in the 4 count Godiva box. ;)

Rochelle

Seriously though did they receive some kind of discount for sharing a cabin on the 76 nights they were cruising to reach that status?

My next cruises are with my mom. She will become Platinum on the first leg of our Epic cruise next March. Seeing as I am already Platinum and entitled to the perks all the extra she will get on her first trip as a Platinum is a bag of laundry. Welcome to the big leagues mom! :rolleyes:

All this cutting back is getting ridiculous. I am starting to have trouble keeping up with it all.

Rochelle

Good question it appears that will be the case..I actually thought they were working on adding a new tier with better perks but seems they are just doing the opposite. :-(

So did I - so I am disappointed as well... :(

on our last cruise we spoke with the Cruise Consultant on the Norwegian Star and we asked her what changes were coming if any to the latitudes program. She said she was actually recommending adding another tier with more perks. I loved that idea and i hope they will implement it. :-)

Seriously though did they receive some kind of discount for sharing a cabin on the 76 nights they were cruising to reach that status?

My next cruises are with my mom. She will become Platinum on the first leg of our Epic cruise next March. Seeing as I am already Platinum and entitled to the perks all the extra she will get on her first trip as a Platinum is a bag of laundry. Welcome to the big leagues mom! :rolleyes:

All this cutting back is getting ridiculous. I am starting to have trouble keeping up with it all.

Rochelle

I always thought the point of Hospitality industry is to keep customers happy. If and when latitudes rewards are diminished that wont make customers happy. I agree with you all this cutting back is getting ridiculous.

Has anyone actually experienced this aboard a ship? Could it be just a web site error?

it has not changed here in the U.S but i am sure if the NCL.EU has that stated " per stateroom" it will probably change here soon enough. I will know more when i go on my 28 day cruise in 15 days on the Jewel :-)

On the german language site the behind the scenes tour is marked as "limited to one per stateroom" as well *shrug*

I believe that is one tour x # of people / stateroom...hopefully not one person / stateroom

it has not changed here in the U.S but i am sure if the NCL.EU has that stated " per stateroom" it will probably change here soon enough. I will know more when i go on my 28 day cruise in 15 days on the Jewel :-)

That does not answer my question and since you are an American your experience aboard the Jewel will not reflect what a European would experience.

That does not answer my question and since you are an American your experience aboard the Jewel will not reflect what a European would experience.

I guess to answer your question, the changes have just been made on the European ncl page. Is a new thing. I know someone from Sweden who told me about it. I guess when she sails( which is soon) i will ask her how it went and see if she noticed the difference ;);). According to her is not a glitch is happening. My reasoning is that if the changes were made there is only a matter of time that is happens here, i hope not but i wont be surprised.

Edited by qtaromar1970

it doesnt matter if you are european or us for this...i have booked from ncl.com and from ncl.eu a lot of times..all points are included in only one account..so i am worried that since this is stated on ncl.eu soon it will be stated on ncl.com as well

The complimentary dinner for 2 at le Bistro is now " per stateroom" in the European NCL page. I am wondering if that will be the case here in the States soon enough. I think this will make a lot of people mad :-( So if 2 platinum people who don't happen to be related but are sharing a stateroom would still get one per stateroom. Is very confusing :-(.

Enjoy dinner for two and a complimentary bottle of wine at our romantic French Bistro.+ per stateroom

This taken from NCL UK (part of EEC) on 03/04/2015 at 23:00 show this for Plat Members'

Enjoy dinner for two and a complimentary bottle of wine at our romantic French Bistro.+

Nothing else after the + sign

Dickie