question about laundry and back to back cruise

I did it. I booked back to back on Freedom, leaving Sunday. Question: have you had the laundry do your clothes? Do they shrink? That's my only worry - having enough to wear. Anybody who has done back to back have any other advice? Never done this before, and it's a long time to be away from home (going alone, hubby staying home working). I've been on the Freedom at least eight times, so it feels like home.:)

My best friend/next door neighbor just died two weeks ago - and I was there with her when she passed. I just feel like I need to be away and at sea for awhile.

Condolences on your loss! I hope you can relax and enjoy the soothing seas! I have sent out white wash several times, but it has always come back "dingy" white, so I take enough clothes to see us through the B2B and hand wash underwear if we are running out. Safe traveling!

Sorry for your loss - hopefully some time on a cruise will be good for you to rest and relax.

Have done back-to-back and also longer cruises. There is usually a wash and fold bag available for around $30. Works well for socks, t-shirts, undies, etc. It is strictly wash and fold - no pressing. I wouldn't send anything delicate - probably washed in bulk.

Laundry/dry cleaning prices on board are cheaper than what I pay here at home.

With so many dry-fit, wash and hang type fabrics, have usually taken a small amount of laundry soap (or just used bathroom soap) and washed things and hung in the bathroom, or on a coat hanger in cabin/balcony. A few clothes pins can be helpful.

Enjoy your cruise.

We use the wash and fold on just about every cruise and certainly on the B2B's. We have not had any issues, but the clothes are washed in hot water so take that into account. I send T shirts, shorts, gym clothes, PJ's, men's underwear, socks etc. I would not send anything that is delicate, cannot be washed in hot water and put in a dryer.

I've used the dry cleaning many times and have been pleased with the results.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Sorry for your loss - hopefully some time on a cruise will be good for you to rest and relax.

Have done back-to-back and also longer cruises. There is usually a wash and fold bag available for around $30. Works well for socks, t-shirts, undies, etc. It is strictly wash and fold - no pressing. I wouldn't send anything delicate - probably washed in bulk.

Laundry/dry cleaning prices on board are cheaper than what I pay here at home.

With so many dry-fit, wash and hang type fabrics, have usually taken a small amount of laundry soap (or just used bathroom soap) and washed things and hung in the bathroom, or on a coat hanger in cabin/balcony. A few clothes pins can be helpful.

Enjoy your cruise.

Same here. We did a 7-day cruise but added days pre and post cruise and we were gone for 2 weeks without use of a washer or dryer. We used the wash 'n fold bag. We do this on every cruise. We used it for socks, underwear and a couple of pairs of shorts that didn't really wrinkle or shrink. We didn't have anything come out dingy. Swimsuits? hand wash in sink with the mystery gel in the shower, lay it out on a towel and roll it as tightly as possible to squeeze as much water out as possible and hang it up (on back of chair on balcony with a few clothes pins or from the retractable line in the shower. We do the same with some of the athletic shorts, etc (dry wick items) and tops. All you have to do is keep up with washing out only an item or two at a time and hanging it up. I usually do it just before taking my shower. It's easy and I didn't spend 5 minutes doing it and I also didn't run out of clean clothes. I only carried one suitcase and a carry-on. I also carry a travel size container of Downey Wrinkle Release.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input...hoping the sea will help. I've been spending a lot of time with my friend's husband, youngest (grown) daughter and her five year old daughter. I just need a little break from the sadness. When I return, hopefully I'll be refreshed and able to help my friend's husband again - the daughter will be returning home to CO.

We were on the Oasis for a back to back cruise in February. We also had two days before the cruise and one day after the cruise in Florida. We used the wash and fold laundry bag to send undies, t-shirts, socks, and pj's both weeks. We basically filled it up with those things. It takes an extra day to get it back, so be sure to have enough undies available! :)

Both weeks we sent shorts, Capri pants, a few blouses I wear during the day and better t-shirts to the laundry. They came back the next day. They look wonderful when they come back! I don't press everything at home, but they did. I think we spent about $80 or so on laundry for the two weeks. We were happy to have enough clean clothes available by doing this. We planned for the expense.

If you buy enough undies to take for two weeks, you can avoid washing them.

I brought detergent and washed swim suits in the sink in the bathroom, but the sink is really small, so it is not suitable for anything big.

A back to back cruise is wonderfully relaxing. I hope it helps you to feel better and remember the happy times with you neighbor.