Oceania Air - Deviation?

Ballwin Babe

We have booked our first O cruise for next year. We'll meet the ship in Papeete and sail the segment between Papeete and Los Angeles.

Airfare is included in/out of Chicago. We are planning to spend several days in Tahiti or Moore prior to embarkation. Does the flight date constitute a deviation? In other words, if we accept the Oceania routing, but request an earlier departure date, will there be additional costs? If so, what (approximately) are the deviation fees for O? Thanks.

Yes if you fly in or out not on the cruise embarkation/debarkation days then it is a deviation

The non refundable fee is $175 pp

there may or may not be an upcharge for certain flights/routings/carriers

You can ask your TA & once presented with the flight options you have 48hr to confirm or try again

You can start the process around the 270 day mark

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

It's a long trip, and if your coming from Chicago you may want to think about overnight in Los Angeles. That way you don't have to take the late flight our and arrive Papeete so early in the morning. It's worth the extra cost.

Rick

With deviation you can usually select exactly what line and schedule you want. You may find it cheaper to do your own air or not. My cabinmate saved $400 doing her own, I saved $400 using Os air. I requested Singapore Air at $175 more but someone fell down on job. It sold out and I have to do United, a really poor choice for long flights.

If at the time to arrange air travel, I can do our own for less money, will I still have that option, even though our reservation has "Oceania Air" on it? Is there a penalty for opting out of Oceania Air at that time?

If you haven't already paid for a deviation, you should be okay. We haven't had a problem in the past by waiting to say we want to do our own and take the credit. (I don't know if the amount of the credit varies depending on time but I suspect it does not.)

You pay the deviation fee once you accept the deviation, not before. But at that point it becomes non-refundable. So you want to do your research in time so that you really know if you want the deviation or not.

Mura

MY TA always tells me the what the amount of the credit is right at that moment when I first book. She tells me it could change as time goes on.

I let her know when I have been able to get my frequent flyer flights, and the credit has never changed from what she told me, but I am getting those FF tickets a year prior to sailing.

The credit may decrease as you get closer to the cruise.