Just back from Divina Sophia Loren Suite

kathiean

Nope,,,Divina will only be sailing from Miami between November and April even when MSC Seaside arrives for year round Caribbean sailings from Miami.:(

Just got off the phone with an MSC agent...she said they will not start selling Seaside until November 2016. Man, I can't wait that long!!! :(

Just got off the phone with an MSC agent...she said they will not start selling Seaside until November 2016. Man, I can't wait that long!!! :(

I'm with you!!! We can't wait for her Christening ceremony and our first sailing aboard Seaside!!!:D

I must say I loved the Sophia Loren suite when we were in it for 21 nights - having the 2 rooms - however I was slightly jealous of my friends with a regular YC cabin who were able to keep their balcony doors open at night listening to the sea as they sleep. I was able to get secure one of the larger YC1 cabins that are squarer with a larger balcony on the Transatlantic for 2016. IMO I would opt for this over the YC2 on deck 12. Would I do the Sophia Loren Suite again - most likely but if it is a sea day intensive sailing the balcony is literally useless.

The word is out about YC2 & 3. I am suprised at how close in price they are to the YC1.

Recently returned after having the YC3. Tried to book again for next Spring & could not find one available on any date.

I understand what you are saying about the YC2. It is a bit of a hike but I just love having 2 totally seperated rooms. We wound up booking 12001 which we had before & I think is the best one. Even trying to find a YC2 was hard. I also like the fact it has a totally seperated shower. It is getting a bit harder to step over into the tub.

But no matter which cabin you have...there is NOTHING like the Yacht Club experience !

We are sailing in the Sophia Loren Suite in June to celebrate my 50th birthday. We were in the middle 12th floor 2 room suite (12002) in March of 2013 and loved having the two rooms. I'm disappointed to hear the Sophia Loren Suite doesn't have a second closet. We really enjoyed having our son use his own closet and safe. In pictures the bedroom looks smaller too. I'm ok with trading those for a balcony, though, no matter how odd it is shaped. My review for our YC experience was very long, detailed, and included a ton of pictures. I just don't know how to find it and post it here for those who are interested. Did the OP create a tsunami in the bathroom the first time the shower was used??? Wondering if it is the same set up. Our butler had to roll up towels to keep the water from pouring out of the poorly engineered shower area. Can't wait until June to sail the Med in the YC!

For the recent YC cruisers, are they still providing pre-printed luggage tags at the curbside check-in? I'm not going to waste my time putting them on if they still put them on for you at the pier.

• 3 months later...
Great to hear Kathleen!!! We've stayed in 16008,,the other YC3 and loved that stateroom!!! I just wished the balcony was laid out differently,,but would book that stateroom or The Sophia Loren Suite again in a heartbeat!!:)

Hi Mike,

We are not new to cruising but have never sailed MSC before. Cabin 16008 just opened up for a Caribbean cruise. There doesn't seem to be too much information and what I find (brochure vs the website) conflicts. Do you know the dimensions of the suite? What did you not like about the balcony. Any and all information about the cabin/ship/entertainment etc would be so greatly appreciated. Did you eat at any of the specialty restaurants or was the Yacht club dining room really good?

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

Hi Mike,

We are not new to cruising but have never sailed MSC before. Cabin 16008 just opened up for a Caribbean cruise. There doesn't seem to be too much information and what I find (brochure vs the website) conflicts. Do you know the dimensions of the suite? What did you not like about the balcony. Any and all information about the cabin/ship/entertainment etc would be so greatly appreciated. Did you eat at any of the specialty restaurants or was the Yacht club dining room really good?

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

There are no specialty restaurants - and if you didn't book the suite IMMEDIATELY I would not be surprised if it is not available.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

Hi Wendy!!!! We loved stateroom 16008!!! Here's a link from a live review I was doing at the time:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088439&page=18

You can find the stateroom photos starting on page 21 but I thought you might like to see other areas of the Yacht Club as well.

Though we loved the stateroom,,the balcony was almost unusable while at sea. The wind is so fierce that it blows the curtains into the room and it's quite difficult to spend any quality time out there unless you move to the forward part of the balcony, behind the wind screens. You'll see what I mean once you see the pictures.

We had dinner at LeMuse almost every night. The food, wine, endless prosecco, and service is nothing short of outstanding!! The only night we didn't eat in LeMuse was when we were craving pizza,,and so it was off to La Cantina Di Bacco for some of the best home made pizza at sea!!! Please let me know if you have anymore questions,,,I'll be more than happy to try and answer them for you,,,

What are the Eately and Galaxy if not speciality restaurants?

Oh THOSE. Haha. Always empty. We tried Eately on our first Divina cruise and it was an awful waste of money. Stick with Le Muse. We had the Sofia Loren suite last month. Perfection.