Suite Perks FAQ Updated

cle-guy

I just noticed the Suite Perks FAQ was updated this month. I haven't compared new to old, but did notice the dates of opening were missing, and the date code in small print on the very last page bottom now says April 2015 instead of May 2014.

Another thing that popped out, is it now says Drinks are provided from 5:30 to 8pm daily, not 24 hours. Also noticed they have specifically indicated kids can go to Suite Dining, and if coming in as a guest of a suite member, under 12 do not have to pay the cover charge.

Another thing that popped out, is it now says Drinks are provided from 5:30 to 8pm daily, not 24 hours. Also noticed they have specifically indicated kids can go to Suite Dining, and if coming in as a guest of a suite member, under 12 do not have to pay the cover charge.

In Michaels? Not what we contracted for when we booked. On Infinity in December drinks were available FOC all day. If true Michaels will become simply an alternative to the Elite get together each evening and so become almost a complete waste of space.

Edited by Balloon Man

Curt,

Thanks. It is interesting that when we were on Connie in a Royal Suite in Feb., we were able to get a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) any time during the day. I wonder if it is a problem staffing Michaels Club all day with bar servers? We were in there all times during the day and there was always someone there.

We will be in a Celebrity Suite on Summit in August with extended family so we may not use Michaels Club as much.

Hi Curt

Being somewhat obsesive myself I have compared the two and the bar times and references to under 12s are the same for both. All that has changed is references to the opening dates for Luminae, some of the dates and mentions of the change to aqua class suites and the fact that none of the current suite benifits will be lost. Interesting to see nevertheless:)

From past experience on Equinox and what I have read on these boards I think the 5.30pm to 8pm bit is pretty well ignored on most ships :cool:

Thanks for sharing the new q & a's. Did it always reference "breakfast, BRUNCH and dinner"? I thought access to the new suite restaurant would be for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Am I mistaken?

I certainly hope it is open for lunch each day.

I posted earlier on this thread and for some reason my post is no longer here. Any reason why it would be removed? I will reiterate a question I asked in it--when ordering in room dining, should I assume we would be ordering off the Luminae menu now as a suite guest, or would it still be MDR menu? Does anyone know?

I posted earlier on this thread and for some reason my post is no longer here. Any reason why it would be removed? I will reiterate a question I asked in it--when ordering in room dining, should I assume we would be ordering off the Luminae menu now as a suite guest, or would it still be MDR menu? Does anyone know?

Judging by the posts coming now from the Summit (menus!). It is a different menu.

AW

It would be the Luminarac menu.

If those are the only hours for drinks, that really shifts the value of Michael's. In my opinion anyway.

I also do not understand Luminae not being opened for lunch or while in port.

In room dining is not the Luminane menu, and probably won't be.nexeot for select items. They're working on a new Blu menu that will be launched over the next 2-6 months (that's the range we were given). Finally we were told the new Bistro on 5 menu is rolling out fleet wide. After that we were told MDR and specialty restaurants will get done. I'm not sure why the process is so slow but it's what we were told. I expect them to take items from Luminae and other mended to make a separate in room menu. Take that with a grain of salt as many know that means it could be true, it could be false and I still don't see them saying "no" to an upper level suite guest who chooses to eat en suite but who knows.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

From past experience on Equinox and what I have read on these boards I think the 5.30pm to 8pm bit is pretty well ignored on most ships :cool:

I hope you are right. Michaels was never busy on our December Infinity cruise. A few would have an 11am coffee; maybe a drink before or after lunch; afternoon tea (plus champagne!) was nice and then there would be quite a crowd - well, maybe 15 to 20 - pre and post dinner.

If you can't drop-in for a drink during the day then Michaels will become a waste of space.

We valued Michaels so much it was one of the reasons we booked three more cruises with Celebrity in suites. Trust we haven't been misled.

If you can't drop-in for a drink during the day then Michaels will become a waste of space.

We valued Michaels so much it was one of the reasons we booked three more cruises with Celebrity in suites. Trust we haven't been misled.

My sentiments exactly. One of the major reasons I now book suites is because of the exclusivity and personal ambiance of MC.

In room dining is not the Luminane menu, and probably won't be.nexeot for select items. They're working on a new Blu menu that will be launched over the next 2-6 months (that's the range we were given). Finally we were told the new Bistro on 5 menu is rolling out fleet wide. After that we were told MDR and specialty restaurants will get done. I'm not sure why the process is so slow but it's what we were told.

We were told in BLU on our recent sailing that they were being upgraded so as not to be too inferior to Luminae. So far as why the process is so slow, when your read the ongoing report on the new Luminae menu, you see there have been a number of hiccups in getting everything off the ground smoothly. Some posters have commented on how unusual it is to launch a new restaurant fleet wide all at once. Normally it is done a ship at a time with someone overseeing the process. As Luminae is a new suite perk, it is having to be done all at once and the unevenness of the launch is what happens when it's not done slowly, carefully and with an executive from corporate overseeing the process.

We were told in BLU on our recent sailing that they were being upgraded so as not to be too inferior to Luminae. So far as why the process is so slow, when your read the ongoing report on the new Luminae menu, you see there have been a number of hiccups in getting everything off the ground smoothly. Some posters have commented on how unusual it is to launch a new restaurant fleet wide all at once. Normally it is done a ship at a time with someone overseeing the process. As Luminae is a new suite perk, it is having to be done all at once and the unevenness of the launch is what happens when it's not done slowly, carefully and with an executive from corporate overseeing the process.

I get it. I'm the one doing the reporting oni Luminae from the Summit ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I hope you are right. Michaels was never busy on our December Infinity cruise. A few would have an 11am coffee; maybe a drink before or after lunch; afternoon tea (plus champagne!) was nice and then there would be quite a crowd - well, maybe 15 to 20 - pre and post dinner.

I wonder if this just means the Bartender will be staffed at that time, rest of day it's self-serve.

I've noticed the refrigerators are almost always left unlocked to grab beer, wine water and sodas. I've also been in lounge mid-day with only concierge there, who called and ordered my bloody mary from another bar for me.

If I recall from y Summit cruise, lounge was not staffed at all from 1 to 4 daily, and morning was only Concierge, and bartender appeared evenings, and sporadically thru the day (may have been more they were there cleaning or something and got my drink as a courtesy..?)

The lounge is open and coolers available 24/7 though our experience on Millennium is alcohol was locked but soda and water were not. Lucy who said she was the launch concierge training the other said the bartender is supposed to be there until midnight. In that cruise it was early, at least 8am until midnight and split between two different staff. I haven't spent much time there on Summit currently but Jole said the lounge was open and water and soda was 24/7. Our visit last night at 7:15p found an empty room, Jole must have stepped out and the bartender must have been outback.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

On Connie right now and we are able to get the self serve water , coffees, sodas all of the time the lounge is open. The servers are there for extended periods of time during the morning and evening for other services, alcohol and snacks.

We are in the penthouse, and no new in room dining menu yet.

We have not been charged for the mixers, water, sodas, beer, or mini bottle liquors in the refrigerator.

There are two half bottles in the refrigerator, Kendall Jackson and La Crema. We were told they are complimentary as well

We had the two bottles in the room of vodka and scotch and the bottle of Celebrity Vintages.

Unlimited internet working well except on the balcony. MC concierge had our codes for the Internet waiting in the room.

Suite restaurant still needs tweaking, but I think most people will be pleased.

Enjoying the last couple of days.