? about bogo

Im trying to book a cruise on FOS for the September 20th sailing , website has the price for an inside at $629 pp plus 106.92 for port charges and taxes so total being 735.92 so with the bogo wouldnt the second persons total be about $370 give or take? When i do a mock booking however my total comes to 1,471.80 , am i doing something wrong????

When you see the prices listed RCL has already averaged them out. Those are the BOGO amounts. The $629 is the BOGO amount. If you follow thru on the reservation and look at the summary of charges you will see the break down

Edited by molly361

The prices are misleading at first, since they are displayed as an average...with the BOGOHO discount already applied. As mentioned, click on the final price, and it shows $839 per person, with the $420 discount for the second person. It is valid for the inside cabin. But, in reality, the prices have been increased overall, and then marketed as a sale with half off. I don't like that!

Peter

When you're seeing the category price on Step 2 of the booking where you select your stateroom, the price you see there is an average per person figure including discounts/bogo offers.

Once you select a stateroom category and move on to particular cabin selection, you'll see total cost in addition.

The prices are misleading at first, since they are displayed as an average...with the BOGOHO discount already applied. As mentioned, click on the final price, and it shows $839 per person, with the $420 discount for the second person. It is valid for the inside cabin. But, in reality, the prices have been increased overall, and then marketed as a sale with half off. I don't like that!

Peter

Yeah, thats what my husband figured out, :(

RC started the BOGOHO pricing about a year ago. I booked my Sept 2015 cruise pre-BOGO April 2014 at the price of 839pp for a D1 room. When BOGOHO started May 1 I repriced my room at 939pp minus the Bogo 468. Saved $280.

The same room today is priced at $1339 pp. Total cost is $330 more than the pre-BOGO price.

To summarize - the current pricing is just a marketing tool to mis-lead you. The discounted pricing left the building in May 2014.