first timers

mcstrike

My wife and i are trying our first cruise this may to bermuda..We are both in our mid forties..Is there enough to do onboard so we don't get bored..She likes to dance and take the sun and take in a show ...Do u think we made a good choice ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Join your "Roll Call" where you can start to meet many others on your specific cruise and sign up for the official Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle.

I did this cruise last year, Memorial Day weekend and again Labor Day weekend.

There's plenty to keep people entertained, and being in Bermuda for 2 overnights makes exploring the island that much more special. This cruise operates just like any other does. Broadway style shows nightly, comedians, magicians, contortionists etc.

Summit to Bermuda is a more "party" type crowd that there X ships, I'm 45 and find I like the Celebrity brand a lot. There will be late night dancing - don't worry 'bout that.

My wife and i are trying our first cruise this may to bermuda..We are both in our mid forties..Is there enough to do onboard so we don't get bored..She likes to dance and take the sun and take in a show ...Do u think we made a good choice ?

Hello.... and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Lots of great information here and it takes some getting used to for navigating around the Cruise Critic website. In particular, the "Search" function works quite well. I'd recommend that you try that first and do some reading of the many threads that will come up when you search on "first time cruiser".

Since we know you are going to Bermuda (based on your post), there are a number of threads that have been written as a post-cruise review or live blog with commentary and pictures. That may also be helpful for you so I have included a link to a review that I particularly enjoyed reading.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067725

Enjoy your first cruise with Celebrity.

Summit to Bermuda is a more "party" type crowd that there X ships, I'm 45 and find I like the Celebrity brand a lot. There will be late night dancing - don't worry 'bout that.

That's funny - I heard the opposite about Summit to Bermuda being a "party" type crowd.

I was also under the impression that staying for three days in Bermuda makes it less attractive to the party type crowd. I always heard that the Caribbean itineraries are more for the party crowd.

That's funny - I heard the opposite about Summit to Bermuda being a "party" type crowd.

I was also under the impression that staying for three days in Bermuda makes it less attractive to the party type crowd. I always heard that the Caribbean itineraries are more for the party crowd.

I guess more what I mean, it's not so much a funeral home waiting room.

Lots of families take the cruise, but as you are in May, it wont' be so family-centric yet, and your crowd may be more in the mature range than not.

Celebrity is not a "party cruise" line at all, but the short 4 and 5 night Connie sailings in Caribbean tend to be more festive, as well as Summit in the summer than their traditional itineraries on most ships.

...Do u think we made a good choice ?

We did our first cruise in 1987 when I was 33, and there was way less to do on ship, and we are still at it!

YUP, you made a GREAT choice, well, except for one little thing,,,,,,,,,

Your vacation planning just got changed forever!:D

Welcome to CC and Celebrity.

EW

I guess more what I mean, it's not so much a funeral home waiting room.

Lots of families take the cruise, but as you are in May, it wont' be so family-centric yet, and your crowd may be more in the mature range than not.

Celebrity is not a "party cruise" line at all, but the short 4 and 5 night Connie sailings in Caribbean tend to be more festive, as well as Summit in the summer than their traditional itineraries on most ships.

I understand.

I have heard about the shorter (4-5 night) Caribbean cruises - specifically the spring break fiasco :eek:

Edited by DinaS

I don't know. What do you like to do? Many experts claim that opposite attract.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞