Can I upgrade with an Exciting Deal?

M&Dcruisers

I've made my final payment and now there is an exciting deal which would allow me to upgrade to a Conciege class for $50 pp. Right now I have an Oceanview. Exciting deals are supposed to be for new bookings only, but since I will be paying more money will they allow me to upgrade?

You have nothing to lose by trying! If you phone =X= and are turned down, phone again and talk with another rep as the policies are sometimes inconsistently enforced. If you are a Captain's Club member, contact them with your question. Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Betsy

Anything after final payment has been made is usually final. I think the clue or key word here is final.

There have been many threads on this and it seems as if the only method would be to cancel the cruise, pay the penalty and rebook but most times the benefit or savings doesn't out weight the over cost.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Not true, I have seen lots of people upgrade on an exciting deal price as long as they are paying more. Unfortunately, it seems to be based on the luck of the draw of who you get on the phone at celebrity, but it certainly has been done and there's no harm in trying

You can, as long as you are paying more money, you can. :)

Not sure if it affects any promo you may have previously though...

If the agent says no, just ask them to contact "resolutions" department.

Absolutely you can. I have done it many times. Call captains club and if they give you trouble ask them to speak to the resolution desk. I have done this several times recently even on single occupancy. So don't take no for an answer.

You will lose any perks you may have from a promotion like 123 so be sure to clarify that with them if it applies.

Good luck.

As long as you are paying at least $1 more than you've paid for your current cabin, celebrity will almost always allow you to upgrade, irrespective of "final deal" Tuesday special, or whatever. But it's the difference between what you paid and what you want...not the current price of the cabin you booked vs the cabin you want. Note: this is a US statement....those who book in other countries probably have different rules.

Edited by ghstudio

I have never been turned down for a post-final payment upgrade. However I have never specifically done it with an exciting deal. And as mentioned, you will definitely not keep perks like 1-2-3 when they aren't being offered with the deal.