Things you glad you didn't forget to bring.....

IslandGrl411

Fabric softener sheets: great as smell good in room when they are placed under bed, dresser and suit case.

1.00 flip flops for shower ( I have these in hotel stays also) or bleach spray for shower stall.

Crystal light or other single packet drinks to mix for free in MDR for you or kids if any in case you don't want to pay for drinks, otherwise you get unsweetened tea,water and sour sometimes lemonade:D.

Enjoy!!

Lanyard, warm socks with grips on the bottom, water bottle carrier, gallon bags, loofah, wet ones wipes, Ben gay, Tylenol, ibuprofen, children's Tylenol, teething rings, liquid detergent, tums, clippers, and a backpack.

I like this idea, next cruise I might bring a side of beef.

LOL..and a George Forman single Grill..in reality can just see somewone doing that with smuggled booze...just two super sealed fancy steaks packed frozen and ready to skip that first night at steakhouse...LOL..yeah that would really be a lucky to get back item...order a room service item or two to go with and voila...LOL...

Midol, Alleve, aspirin and corks(its a placeholder for another word:o) - salvage/save my 1st trip because the red dot / Aunt Flo decide to visit literally the very morning of embarkment and I was not going to miss an opportunity to go swimming at the beach at least once!!:mad:

Edit: Hair grease - I didn't have aloe vera to treat my sunburns, so I used hair grease and body lotion to keep my skin from peeling any further.:( It save me and made my tan look even instead of looking spotted / mangled. I got scorched badly even with the sunscreen applied throughout the trip (it was super hot in Grand Turk, Half moon and Nassau:p)....

Edited by maywell

I ALWAYS pack at least two pair for each day in port.

Nothing worse than coming back to the ship with a bad case of swamp crotch from walking around the Caribbean ports all day.

Not having a clean pair to change into is devastating. Washing them out in the sink is NOT an option. :D

My underwear. Seriously it's quite an inconvenience to not pack any which I have done at least once.

Hey, you asked the question

What a fantastic idea ! Binder clips to secure your towel to the beach chair. Small enough to carry a bunch of them to the beach as well. Generally not very windy on the lido deck, but if you have to settle for a beach chair on the rail or in an exposed area, this would be invaluable.

Thanks for the share.

I ALWAYS pack at least two pair for each day in port.

Nothing worse than coming back to the ship with a bad case of swamp crotch from walking around the Caribbean ports all day.

Not having a clean pair to change into is devastating. Washing them out in the sink is NOT an option. :D

Should 2 pack for seadays too - just never know....

I always pick up a cheap clear vinyl shoe organizer that hangs on a door.

They are small enough to pack neatly in a suitcase. I use them to store the girlfriend's lotions, potions and war paint. My personal hygiene items as well. It saves clutter on the sink area (or any area). Also good for storing shoes.

And if you forget it or don't have room in your case on the trip back, they're fairly inexpensive. I pick them up @ Wal-Mart for less than $8.00

I also bring a fold up multi tool. It has a small knive, screw drivers, scissors etc. Came in handy more than once for fixing less than sturdy beach chairs, cutting gum out of a little girl's hair. It should be stored in your checked luggage, since it does have a blade.

Lastly, I buy a dozen small battery operated lights. They are about the size of a half dollar and are perfect for leaving on at night. It's saved me from the the GPS on my little toe locating a chair or table in the dark. Inside cabins are notoriously dark any time of the day. These can also be left behind, but they last a long time.

Well I don't know! Enlighten me? Lol!

Oh I dunno - panties to bathing suit and back to wearing panties on the same seaday (hot or cold weather) again would qualify among other things.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

List really helpful items that you remembered to bring on your cruise.

For example....

I'm so glad I remembered to bring binder clips to hang my wet clothes and to secure my towels on the deck chairs.

Aspirin

Imodium

Aloe Vera lotion

Lip balm

Meclazine (generic Bonine)

Plenty of sunscreen

Shade hat

Plenty of memory on camera card

Extra batteries for camera

Edited by NMLady

Cruise essentials include:

Personal medications/first aid kit (to whatever level you desire)

Band-aids (when you need to cushion that blister, you have to have them)

Extension cord/power strip (be aware of what voltage it can handle!!)

Zip lock bags of various sizes

Sufficient memory for camera (or laptop to offload the cards)

Battery power for camera (spares and charger)

Tyvek bag to carry "stuff" (light and easy to use)

Alarm clock

Flashlight (have been on ships when all the lights have gone out, plus for emergencies)

Wristwatch (don't rely on your phone for the time)

Magnets (use to put papers up on the cabin wall)

Calendar page (especially for longer cruises - goes on the wall)

Travel coffee mug (also good as a storage place in the luggage for fragile items)

Walking sticks (if doing shore activity that involves walking/terrain)

Hat and rain gear (be prepared for all weather conditions - even though it is your vacation, God doesn't care and will make it rain when He wants to)

Small Compass (good if exploring cities on your own)

Small notebook and pen (amazing how many times you could use it)

Talcum powder (a hot/humid cruise's best friend)

Currency in small bills (don't worry about bringing too much, you can always redeposit when home)

Emergency contact information on a small card that you can carry with you

A book (you will have something to do while in a line - and you will be in a line)

Small travel size roll of duct tape (Good for fixing luggage, shoes and whatever)

Spirit of adventure (if you don't understand, it won't matter)