A Big Sale May Be Coming....

Or the are releasing new ships monday and need more people to take the bookings...

I was thinking the same thing. Especially if they are dancing the boats around and people will be bumped from one boat and placed on another. Some people are not going to like the change, so they will be calling in, wanting to go on another ship or cruise date, which means, they will need all hands on deck, to cover the changes and not have hours of hold times...

I book every cruise with a TA and have never received a price drop or OBC. Why is this? Is it because I'm getting a better rate already since booking with a travel agency. Somehow I doubt it:cool:

You have to check for price drops yourself. Your TA is not going to do it for you. I book with a TA and catch every drop there is. I am diligent about checking - all day long at different times of the day. You don't have to be that extreme, but at least check for yourself once a day. See a lower price in the exact category you booked for the same number of passengers, call your TA and have the adjustment made. You can't call or fill out the form on your own. Your TA will have to do it.

You need to have booked easy saver and watch for price drops yourself. Don't expect your TA to do this for you. Then you need to submit a form to Carnival to get your price drop approved. If you used a Carnival TA(PVP) they may do it for you.

Yesterday I tried to get the price drop on the early saver form and was denied. So I called ---found out that since I had a reduced deposit I was not eligible for price drop even know I booked early saver. Well I ask if I up the deposit could I have the price drop?? Well of course you can!

So I got $20off and $50 OBC Never take no for a answer.

This is the first price drop I have gotten in a while I seem to usually book a good price to start. My fishy site let me down and didn't sent a alert. I check all the time.

You need to have booked easy saver and watch for price drops yourself. Don't expect your TA to do this for you. Then you need to submit a form to Carnival to get your price drop approved. If you used a Carnival TA(PVP) they may do it for you.

Most any other rate besides those where Carnival assign the room for you will be eligible for price drops up to the final payment date. Early saver allows for valid price drops up to two days before sailing.

I think the current "sale" ends on Sunday. So if you do not want to play roulette with whether the next "sale" is a better one or not, on Sunday, place a 24 hour hold. Then if the Monday "sale" is better, book under the Monday sale. If your hold is a better deal, then book your hold.

I have a question about the refunding. I have been seeing people say that you get OBC if you find a price drop in your cruise price, but then some others say you can get the actual price of your cruise reduced by that much if you have not made your final payment. Which one is correct? It makes sense for the latter one to be true and then if you see price drops after you make your final payment, it can be put as OBC, but then agin, things can surprise you.

I think the current "sale" ends on Sunday.

There are actually two current sales. "Spring It On" (Up to 30% off, free upgrades) ends 4/12. The Early Saver special (save 20% on fall and winter sailings) ends today.

On the cruise I am looking at, the 20% off Early Saver special results in a better price than the 30% off Spring deal. Go figure.

I have had an instance when I was watching a cruise and decided to wait until an upcoming sale to book it.

The price actually went up.

If I was watching a cruise and considering booking fairly soon, I might go get the room held and then take the best deal.

nice to know!!!

Also nice to know that for an early December 2015 Southern Caribbean from San Juan, Celebrity gave this solo cruiser a lower price than Carnival.

It always pays to cross check pricing over different lines!

My best friend works for Carnival. When they have big sales going on, they will "release hours" for their customer service people to take to help with expected heavy call times. They just released a bunch for Monday and Tuesday!

Is it the 24 hour sale? That is all I see and not seeing that it is a big sale IMHO.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

No price drop for me, but I am sailing the Vista in 2016 so I wasn't really expecting it. Hopefully as we get closer they will have some price drops! ;)

I agree...our sailings aren't until 2016 either so too early for a price drop for us.:( Hopefully it will happen though.:D Our cruises that we have booked are a little pricey compared to what we normally pay but booked early to get the room we wanted.

I agree...our sailings aren't until 2016 either so too early for a price drop for us.:( Hopefully it will happen though.:D Our cruises that we have booked are a little pricey compared to what we normally pay but booked early to get the room we wanted.

Same here. Booked early to get the cabin I wanted and paid more than I normally would :rolleyes: But there is still time. And I just went on to CCL and did some mock bookings to see how the ship was filling up and found there were a lot of cabins still available so who knows, maybe I will get lucky! ;)

So if we booked early saver this sale does not apply?

You can fill out the form or call for the lower price if you see one with this sale, but keep in mind that you will lose the room you picked out as this sale is for assigned cabins. I believe you also lose the ability to apply for any future drops.