Important, Do not forget items for the Sky!

pls5286

My wedding and honeymoon are coming up fast. In all the prep work, my brain is fried, but I think that is more due to school as well.

We are sailing on the June 22 4 day Sky trip. This will be my first cruise on NCL. Are there any important, do not forget or items that will make your trip that much more fun?

I am working on a packing list so I can start stockpiling stuff like sunscreen, make sure all travel documents are ready, things like this. I have my camera on the list, bringing both the DSLR and point and shoot.

What do you recommend I bring on our trip, other than the basics?

TIA

Unless you want the souvenir that last a life time, BIRTH CONTROL! :D

We have actually been trying for a little while now. Maybe this reprieve from life, without kids, will help us! I would love a little souvenir.

We have actually been trying for a little while now. Maybe this reprieve from life, without kids, will help us! I would love a little souvenir.

We have a Princess daughter and a Norwegian son......seriously. I think they put something in the water. May you be as blessed as us! FYI- they won't give discounts, even for kids conceived on their own ships. :p

We (as in four gals) did this cruise last October and had a great time. If you plan to go to GSC I would bring an extra big beach bag since you will be there for most of the day. If you're on your honeymoon (and even if you're not:))treat yourselves to a small cabana...it's well worth the price & you get a credit towards food & drink included in the rental cost.

The Sky was one of the first ships that I cruised on many years ago & even if she is a bit older...she's still quite lovely!

Have a wonderful trip!

Sandra

Recommend important small stuff to bring:

1) Aloe Vera and/or body lotion for the suntan or sunburn(it happens:()

2) Tums or Alka-seltzer for stomachaches

3) Tylenol, aspirin, Alleve, or whatever is your pill of choice for headaches, bodyaches and/or fever (again, it happens:()

4) alarm clock or cell phone to wake you up in the morning (bring the charger for the cell)

5) Bandages or mini-first aid kit

6) Wash cloth, pouf or sponge if you're using the ship's body wash

7) Hair Conditioner if your hair is frizzy and/or need special care

8) pen, pencil and/or highlighters to write or make off

9) index cards or postits to make/ leave notes behind

10) laynard or handbag to hold your sail card plus other stuff for the evening / day to put in

11) a very good waterproof pouch to hold small stuff like sail card / passport / money (especially if you don't trust leaving it in your room or elsewhere)

12) Breath mints or gum (because sometimes one's breath gets bad while eating on cruise, even when the food was good.:o)

13) nail clipper or a manicure set (hard to get the dirt out from under the nails without one :()

14) Travel mug or water bottle - cups on NCL are tiny and you're going to be drinking alot of water unless you replacing it with alcohol.;)

Edited by maywell

They provide wash cloths! And wake up calls...!

Really..you don't need anything that you wouldn't take on ANY vacation to warm weather!

No they don't provide wash cloths unless you're confusing the hand towels...

Who know when they might start charging for wake up calls - Hey, they charging for room service across the fleet soon; its only a matter of time before wake-up calls became $3.95 or $10.95 per call.....

I've always had a wash cloth in my cabin. They've even used wash cloths for towel animals ... seriously there are wash cloths!

Epic Stuido CabinIMG_0015-1.jpg

I thought I was going crazy! ;)

We have always had wash cloths in our cabins.......and I'm sure if there WEREN'T any, the cabin steward could easily get you some if you ask!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, happy honeymoon on the lovely Sky! Enjoy. :)

No they don't provide wash cloths unless you're confusing the hand towels...

Who know when they might start charging for wake up calls - Hey, they charging for room service across the fleet soon; its only a matter of time before wake-up calls became $3.95 or $10.95 per call.....

I've had washcloths provided on every NCL cruise I've ever been on. That said, I once did a European cruise on RCL. In the hotel prior to the departure (in Rome), the hotel staff didn't even understand what I was trying to describe when I asked for a washcloth. I even used google translate but they kept bringing me hand towels. The term for washcloth translated to "face towel," and I guess they don't use washcloths in Italy? Then on the ship, we had the same problem, could not get a washcloth and could not get the room steward or anyone to even understand what we were asking for, they had never heard of such a thing. Was the cruise where you weren't able to get a washcloth a European one?

I've always had a wash cloth in my cabin. They've even used wash cloths for towel animals ... seriously there are wash cloths!

Epic Stuido CabinIMG_0015-1.jpg

Looks more like a folded face / hand towel to me but whatever - if that's how you use towels, that's how you used them.

Looks more like a folded face / hand towel to me but whatever - if that's how you use towels, that's how you used them.

Here's a pic of our Sky bathroom. Note the washcloths folded on the shelves. We always have washcloths in the bath and sometimes we are offered iced facecloths before returning to the ship. Especially nice after a hot day!

1464640_10206402170243083_4383595428016498047_n.jpg?oh=6df90c7ea4ebeb22998b11e69948a0c1&oe=55A94E83&__gda__=1437719507_13022bb0a7da4e80d6d4f14d862d880c

I always bring hand soap in a dispenser for the room rather than using the bar. It's $2 well spent. Keeps sink area clean and easy to use as you'll want to be washing your hands often.

There is no bar in the cabin, but there is liquid hand soap provided.

Nope, not a towel. Those are one inch tiles so it makes the pictured item 12x12,the average size of a WASHCLOTH.:D