If RCI doesn't do what was promised, will they contact me?

I booked a December sailing of the Navigator on March 23. Today, that cruise is part of the "tax-free" sale. The price is the same, but the "tax-free" savings is $242. I figured it was for new bookings only, but I called two hours ago and asked if there was anything I could do. I specifically asked, twice, if I needed to cancel my current booking and make a new one. The rep pointed out that I would lose $100 OBC from the original booking, and I told her that I would gladly give up $100 to gain $242. She asked me about that more than once, and said she wanted to make sure I was okay with losing the OBC. She said there was no need to cancel and rebook, she could adjust the current booking. At the end of the call, I asked about a corrected invoice and was told she would send one "in a few minutes".

Two hours later, there is no email and the booking shows the original pricing. The cabin next to the one I booked was open, so I did a courtesy hold on it.

My question - if the rep finds that she cannot adjust my booking, will I receive a call or email to advise me? If I don't hear anything today, I could call tomorrow morning. Or, should I complete the courtesy hold tomorrow morning and cancel the original booking later?

I called C&A and was told that not only had my booking not been changed, there were no notes of this morning's telephone call. The C&A rep told me that the sale was supposed to be for new bookings, but since I had the trouble this morning and the sailing wasn't until December 6, she would do a new booking at the new price. So I lost $100 OBC but gained $242 by not paying taxes/port fees. I am very pleased :D

BTW, there is great pricing on this cruise - Navigator on 12/6/15.

I called C&A and was told that not only had my booking not been changed, there were no notes of this morning's telephone call. The C&A rep told me that the sale was supposed to be for new bookings, but since I had the trouble this morning and the sailing wasn't until December 6, she would do a new booking at the new price. So I lost $100 OBC but gained $242 by not paying taxes/port fees. I am very pleased :D

Congrats- and yes there is great pricing on that sailing, I almost switched our Oasis cruise for that one, but we are staying put.

Glad to hear that the C&A folks come through again. I've always found them to be most helpful.

Glad to hear that C&A took care of it for you. They are always my go to for any issues first. I also noticed the price on that sailing but we have a cruise booked 2 weeks prior to that already on Celebrity. I would love the extra cruise day but we got a great price, complimentary beverage pkg, prepaid gratuities, and $300 OBC. We are booked on Navigator on a future cruise.

This is what it says in Cruising Power under general promotional questions. Not only for new bookings.

10. Can guests who are currently booked choose to take advantage of this offer? Should current booked guests

opt to convert to this offer, the reservation would need to be cancelled and rebooked at prevailing fares during

the designated booking window to qualify