Maasdam Happy Hour in Lounges??

travelwide

Rarely is it a time Traditional Main Upper (8 P.M.) dining has a happy hour.

If we wanted to dress for the evening and go out at 4, we wouldn't ask for 8 P.M. dining. :rolleyes: We want a pre-dinner cocktail, not a mid-afternoon drink.

Thank you to all who replied.

What specials are offered during those hours? Special drink prices, 2 for 1 any drink or special drinks? Want to be prepared. Getting excited with 3 weeks to go. This will be our first HAL cruise in several years. Sorry for not knowing more about what goes on on these DAM ships!!

Alberta Quilter, we are on the FLL - Montreal run with you. Can't wait to meet up at the Meet and Greet.

Alma

That sounds good to me! My DH drinks vodka and sprite and I can do wines or vodka with cranberry juice. That should be under the $6.95 limit. In the middle of our cruise we have 6 ports in a row so getting back onboard and dressed by 4:30 may be difficult. We will have to be off the ship as soon as it docks and move our butts. I guess that is good seeing will be eating for 15 nts. Can use some exercise!!!

Thanks so much for the info.

Buy 1 drink and get the second drink for $1 -- must be the same drink.

Nothing over $6.95 and no premium alcohols.

Only house wines.

KK, are you thinking more of the SBP restrictions? I don't recall the regular happy hour restricting the prices and wines to those under $7.00.

We sailed on Maasdam 13-27 March. Happy hours were 4-5 p.m. in the Ocean Bar and 6-7 p.m. in the Crow's Nest.

Dave

Nice they have included a cocktail hour for late diners.

Any idea if Happy Hour is offered 6-7 PM on all the ships?

Buy 1 drink and get the second drink for $1 -- must be the same drink.

Nothing over $6.95 and no premium alcohols.

Only house wines.

My recent booking on NCL includes a free beverage package and all drinks under $11 are included. On HAL, the Carolina wine they offer (bar wine) is not very good IMO and about the only one available on the beverage plan. For free, the beverage plan would be worth nothing to me. I usually drink wine in the lounges.