Ordering Dessert First

Sometimes I'm a little full after dinner to truly enjoy dessert. Has anyone requested their dessert be served 1st?

I have done that! I have been known to build my dinner around my dessert choice. On the last couple of cruises, I have asked the wait person to plate my dessert "to go" so I can eat it later in the evening on my balcony. They have always been more than happy to do that for me.

Sometimes I'm a little full after dinner to truly enjoy dessert. Has anyone requested their dessert be served 1st?

While I've never done it, I've seen it before. We usually sit at two tops, but if at a larger table, I would maybe get it to go as suggested in consideration to tablemates, but no reason you can't if you desire.

As anyone gone to the dining room just for dessert? Hubby likes the buffet but their choices of dessert leave something to be desired. The meals in the dining room don't have all the choices (for him) & small portions (perfect for me) so I would go for the desserts.

I am probably in a minority but I have only found a few deserts on RCI worth the calories. And those used to be in Chops.

And I agree by the time it comes to desert, I have little room.

We enjoy the soft serve yogurt by the pool and usually have 2 cones a day.

I can only hope they are not loaded with calories.

I know its a cruise, but, it is so easy to pack on the tonage as you age.

Enjoy

As anyone gone to the dining room just for dessert?...

In theory it works, but in practice, I'm not so sure. On most ships there are three possibilities here: main seating, second seating, and My Time Dining. With Traditional Dining, unless you have a dedicated table for two, would you go and sit through the dinner service eating nothing, just waiting for dessert? You can't really show up an hour into service and be seated as this is a disruption and is considered rude. It could work with MTD though - dessert and coffee a little later in the evening is absolutely do-able, as diners tend to think out a little toward 8:30 or so. :)

Being a small person, I have the same problem.

My system: Skip the bread; it's nothing special anyway. Eat half the appetizer (unless it's really wonderful). Eat most of the entree. Stick to water, MAYBE one drink. And I still have room left for dessert.

I am really not much of a dessert eater....but I love the Royal chocolate chip cookies -- not the sugar free variety. So on night one, I just let the waiter know what I want each night for dessert -- 2 or 3 chocolate chip cookies....I even say, that if he can't get it for that first night...not to worry....but if it can be arranged for the others...I am appreciative.

Most times, I have them on night 1 -- only once was it hard for them to find ones that were not sugar free on the first night.

I never get 2 or 3, it usually is 6 or so, and I am happy to share with tablemates and the remaining ones I take to cabin for snacktime or morning coffee which we get from room service.

All happiness.