Breakaway-Port Canaveral to NY Still in the Works

rolloman

According to the local newspaper the PC officials are still working to arrange with custom officials the idea of boarding new passengers mid-cruise in Port Canaveral for a round trip cruise. I remember a couple years ago they offered a trial of this for foreign passengers but not sure what became of it. Regardless, I love the idea and will book immediately once confirmed.

According to the local newspaper the PC officials are still working to arrange with custom officials the idea of boarding new passengers mid-cruise in Port Canaveral for a round trip cruise. I remember a couple years ago they offered a trial of this for foreign passengers but not sure what became of it. Regardless, I love the idea and will book immediately once confirmed.

It would be great to board in NY, get off in PC, head to Disney for a week and then get back on to NY!

It would be great to board in NY, get off in PC, head to Disney for a week and then get back on to NY!

That would be amazing!!!! and I would be all for that.

As it stands the itineraries out of NY when the kids are out of school are a waste of time. Amazes me these sail year round. To only go to Port Canaveral and Bahamas for a week cruise is ridiculous. Not even that warm in winter.

Someone listen on NCL and Carnival for all its worth. We need new options to go South in NY!!

Make school break vacations 10 days including 2 wknds and go someplace worthwhile!!

But the idea of getting on and off in PC with a WDW vaca in the middle is genius if they can make that happen!!

Kerri

You'd probably have to pay for two cruises to get that and it would be a PVSA violation anyway so it's not going to happen. They can't allow you to disembark in Port Canaveral other than as a port call where you have to reboard prior to the ship's departure.

What they're likely discussing is two separate itineraries using one ship. One the current NY to NY closed loop cruise and the second a new Port Canaveral to Port Canaveral closed loop. This isn't uncommon on cruises in Europe where there are multiple embarkation ports used for the same cruise.

When NCL did this (briefly) in the past CBP gave them a hard time about it and it caused extensive delays in clearing the ship.

Edited by njhorseman

Yes. They are only trying to make it so you can board in PC and do a 7 day cruise on Breakaway even though the ship originates out of NY. I am sure they will only allocate a few cabins at a premium price but that is okay by me.