Dress Code for Luminare Restaurant

TRAVELINGMAN2

What is the dress code for the Luminare Reataurabt? On formal nights do the men have to wear jackets or is it like Blu and the dress is country club casual? thanks

I think it's pretty much smart casual as in the specialty rest. I think you'll still see some pretty elegantly dressed pax, especially on the 10-14 day trips.

So let me get this straight. On formal night you can dress smart casual in Blu, Luminare,and specialty restaurants. So why oh why do they force people to dress formally in select dining? I follow the dress code but with all of these other venues dumbing it down why don't they just do away with formal nights?

Perhaps to keep the appearance of a little class. If you want to dress casual, by all means stick to a casual line. Other than that, you're expected to follow the dress codes.It's not like you're being forced to wear ball gowns & tuxes. What's so hard to dress in a decent dress/slacks like you(I hope)would wear in a finer dining rest. on shore.We've done select dining & found the dress codes the same as the rest of the MDR. Simple to follow...Coat & tie(optional)for men on formal night. Khakis etc.& dress shirt or polo style on smart casual. For ladies cocktail dress or pant suit on formal nights pant suits etc. on smart casual. Not hard to follow. Bring a few scarves etc.to liven the style up a bit.

Perhaps to keep the appearance of a little class. If you want to dress casual, by all means stick to a casual line. Other than that, you're expected to follow the dress codes.It's not like you're being forced to wear ball gowns & tuxes. What's so hard to dress in a decent dress/slacks like you(I hope)would wear in a finer dining rest. on shore.We've done select dining & found the dress codes the same as the rest of the MDR. Simple to follow...Coat & tie(optional)for men on formal night. Khakis etc.& dress shirt or polo style on smart casual. For ladies cocktail dress or pant suit on formal nights pant suits etc. on smart casual. Not hard to follow. Bring a few scarves etc.to liven the style up a bit.

No need to sail on a casual line. If I want to dress casual I will just book a specialty restaurant, Aqua class or a suite. As you can see from my picture my wife and I both dress on formal nights. I'm just curious why half the passengers on the ship are allowed a choice on formal night and the MDR select dining as well as set seating have a dress code. For what it's worth I wouldn't call Celebrity MDR fine dining especially on formal night. I went to the first formal night and it was the worst service and meal the entire trip. The second night we went to Qsine

Edited by Iamcruzin

No need to sail on a casual line. If I want to dress casual I will just book a specialty restaurant, Aqua class or a suite. As you can see from my picture my wife and I both dress on formal nights. I'm just curious why half the passengers on the ship are allowed a choice on formal night and the MDR select dining as well as set seating have a dress code. For what it's worth I wouldn't call Celebrity MDR fine dining especially on formal night. I went to the first formal night and it was the worst service and meal the entire trip. The second night we went to Qsine
I think you have your answer in the picture of you and wife that you reference. You both look very elegant, and you must be proud of it as well, since you made it your avatar. I am sure your dining companions thought you looked great. And the ship is happy since you purchased the picture. It seems like everyone is a winner! What's not to like?